Windows 10: people app syncing

Discus and support people app syncing in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I synced the mail app with my google account but only 6 of 100s of contacts populated in the people app? Any ideas? 41960 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by klabella, Feb 24, 2016.

1. klabella Win User

people app syncing

I synced the mail app with my google account but only 6 of 100s of contacts populated in the people app? Any ideas?

:)

klabella, Feb 24, 2016

2. People App Syncing

Hi,

I have added more than 400 contact in people app. But at that time I did not add Hotmail Account. But Right now I have added My Hotmail (Microsoft Account). But App Created a another account and not syncing my contact which is save in people. And Right now
    I am not able to take backup of these contacts. Please Help me...

SameerGupta1, Feb 24, 2016
  3. People App Syncing

Hi Sammer,

It's possible that the people app might have been corrupted. We'd like to ask few questions to better assist you. Kindly answer the following:

• Just to clarify, do you still have the copy of your contacts from your email provider?
    • Have you tried to remove all the accounts associated on the people app and re-add the account that you're going to use? Let's see if the contacts will sync.
    • Did you get an error message?

Raymond Ave, Feb 24, 2016
  4. ajfudge Win User

people app syncing

Up for this.
    In my case, none of my Google contacts appear in People app.
    This remains the case even after removing my Google account and then reconnecting it.

ajfudge, Oct 2, 2016
  5. Cliff S New Member
    I am absolutely no expert on this subject, but have you checked the (rather simple) filter setting?

people app syncing [​IMG]

Cliff S, Oct 2, 2016
  6. ajfudge Win User
    @Cliff S,
    Yup. All checked. I even set the sync setting to hourly.

ajfudge, Oct 2, 2016
  7. Pelican Win User
    Same here and that was after a clean install of Win10 Pro x64, so nothing should be corrupted anywhere.
    Have checked privacy settings at both MS and Google ends but no luck.
    Don't know if it's anything to do with the Anniversary update because I know it used to sync in version 1511

Pelican, Oct 3, 2016
  8. ajfudge Win User

people app syncing

I ruled out Anniversary Update as I have it installed on two laptops. On one laptop, my contacts appear in People, while not on the other.

ajfudge, Oct 3, 2016
  9. Pelican Win User
    I also have it installed on 2 laptops, the wife's which is the 32 bit version and mine is 64 bit.
    Hers syncs OK with her Google Contacts and mine wont.
    Both are running anniversary update and both with a clean install. Mystery to me.

Pelican, Oct 3, 2016
  10. Pelican Win User
    Problem solved for me with Creators update

Pelican, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

people app syncing

1. people app syncing - Similar Threads - app syncing

2. OneDrive app cannot sync new files even though there are plenty of free space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive app cannot sync new files even though there are plenty of free space: Hi there,I am trying to sync a file about 10MB to my OneDrive but it's not working.The OneDrive app shows "Couldn't upload file" with "You don't have enough space for this file." even though it says "15.3GB used of 125 GB".If i click Sync issues above, the following message...
  3. OneDrive app cannot sync new files even though there are plenty of free space

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive app cannot sync new files even though there are plenty of free space: Hi there,I am trying to sync a file about 10MB to my OneDrive but it's not working.The OneDrive app shows "Couldn't upload file" with "You don't have enough space for this file." even though it says "15.3GB used of 125 GB".If i click Sync issues above, the following message...
  4. Phone Link app not fully syncing photos

Phone Link app not fully syncing photos: Photos shot on my Galaxy S24 Ultra are showing up on Phone Link on my Windows 11 PC, but only in a soft-focus low-rez version. Message at the bottom says "Syncing from your device" but it doesn't finish the process. Portion of image inserted here. Photo size about 2.5 Mg...
  5. Phone Link app not fully syncing photos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Phone Link app not fully syncing photos: Photos shot on my Galaxy S24 Ultra are showing up on Phone Link on my Windows 11 PC, but only in a soft-focus low-rez version. Message at the bottom says "Syncing from your device" but it doesn't finish the process. Portion of image inserted here. Photo size about 2.5 Mg...
  6. Two PC sync with OneDrive using Windows Backup resulted in duplicated app icons on Desktop...

Two PC sync with OneDrive using Windows Backup resulted in duplicated app icons on Desktop...: HiI have two system, ypthe first one is HP Notebook PC, and another system is Desktop PC.Both running Windows 11 Pro 23H2 release version, and I have use the same email for Microsoft account on both systemWindows Backup is enabled on both system including DesktopWhen the sync...
  7. Two PC sync with OneDrive using Windows Backup resulted in duplicated app icons on Desktop...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Two PC sync with OneDrive using Windows Backup resulted in duplicated app icons on Desktop...: HiI have two system, ypthe first one is HP Notebook PC, and another system is Desktop PC.Both running Windows 11 Pro 23H2 release version, and I have use the same email for Microsoft account on both systemWindows Backup is enabled on both system including DesktopWhen the sync...
  8. POP3 mail syncs with W10 Mail app / does not sync with W11 Mail app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    POP3 mail syncs with W10 Mail app / does not sync with W11 Mail app: I have a new Windows 11 Laptop and am unable to add a legacy email account to the Mail App using exactly the same settings as used in the Windows 10 Mail App.Email account is from a still supported legacy ISP: virgin.netCurrent ISP: btinternet.comProfile being used is a local...
  9. POP3 mail syncs with W10 Mail app / does not sync with W11 Mail app

POP3 mail syncs with W10 Mail app / does not sync with W11 Mail app: I have a new Windows 11 Laptop and am unable to add a legacy email account to the Mail App using exactly the same settings as used in the Windows 10 Mail App.Email account is from a still supported legacy ISP: virgin.netCurrent ISP: btinternet.comProfile being used is a local...
  10. How to sync/transfer Windows 10 Settings, MS Store Installed Apps, Manually Installed...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to sync/transfer Windows 10 Settings, MS Store Installed Apps, Manually Installed...: I have SSD + HDD in my laptop. I am upgrading my SSD in my laptop. My NVMe SSD is dedicated to Windows 10 installation & usage. It is obvious that a brand new SSD will never have any OS & data on it so I will be installing it from Bootable USB drive which is created using...