Windows 10: People App Wont Sync Contacts

Discus and support People App Wont Sync Contacts in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; The People App wont sync contacts. When I go into the Settings of the People App, in each of my 3 accounts it only has Mail and Calendar as syncing. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by hoganhaley, Dec 26, 2019.

1. People App Wont Sync Contacts

The People App wont sync contacts. When I go into the Settings of the People App, in each of my 3 accounts it only has Mail and Calendar as syncing. I then go to the sync options of that particular account and yes, contacts is on. So what is going on? I cant figure this out

:)

hoganhaley, Dec 26, 2019

2. People app not syncing google contacts

I have the release Windows 10. I have successfully linked my google account, and mail and calendar seem to work fine. But not the people (contacts) app. The account is listed in People, I can tell it to sync, get no error message, but no contacts arrive. Am I missing something?

JoeInMexico, Dec 26, 2019
  3. marwerno Win User
    People app not syncing google contacts

I had a very similar issue, in such that only few contacts synced. What I found was, that MS does ONLY sync the contact which are labeled "My contacts" all others in the Google Contacts Manager are ignored!
    Highly annoying that one...but solvable
    Simply go into Google contacts and assign back all the contact you have to the "My contacts" group and all will be well (hopefully *Smile

marwerno, Dec 26, 2019
  4. People App Wont Sync Contacts

Linked Outlook Contacts Not Syncing with Windows 10 People App

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

As you are unable to sync contacts in the People App, I suggest you to run the Windows Store Apps troubleshooter by following the steps provided below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” in the search box and press Enter.
    • Click on ‘View All’ on the top left pane.
    • Click on “Windows Store Apps” from the list and follow the on-screen prompts for troubleshooting.

If the issue still persists, then remove and add the Yahoo account in the People App.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Dec 26, 2019
Thema:

People App Wont Sync Contacts

1. People App Wont Sync Contacts - Similar Threads - App Wont Sync

2. Why is People app not able to sync iCloud contacts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is People app not able to sync iCloud contacts: When I open the people app I get a notification saying that sync failed on one account. I go into the "fix account" and I give the correct password. but then the window closes and nothing happens. also something wierd: my icloud account is called...
  3. Why is People app not able to sync iCloud contacts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is People app not able to sync iCloud contacts: When I open the people app I get a notification saying that sync failed on one account. I go into the "fix account" and I give the correct password. but then the window closes and nothing happens. also something wierd: my icloud account is called...
  4. Cannot sync Google contacts with People app

Cannot sync Google contacts with People app: I'm trying to sync Google Contacts in Windows but none of the contacts are appearing. I have tried removing the google account and re entering it, making sure contacts is enabled in sync options. I have Checked my Firewall Settings are not interfering with the People also. I...
  5. Cannot sync Google contacts with People app

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot sync Google contacts with People app: I'm trying to sync Google Contacts in Windows but none of the contacts are appearing. I have tried removing the google account and re entering it, making sure contacts is enabled in sync options. I have Checked my Firewall Settings are not interfering with the People also. I...
  6. Google Contacts wont sync with People app

Google Contacts wont sync with People app: I'm trying to sync Google Contacts in Windows but none of the contacts are appearing. I Click on People icon to see the syncing Status and it stays like that for Many hours with no contacts populating the People app. How long does syncing take from scratch? I have tried...
  7. Trouble syncing iCloud Contacts into people

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Trouble syncing iCloud Contacts into people: I pressed on the import logged in and it did let me get in, but then got stuck on the syncing accounts. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/trouble-syncing-icloud-contacts-into-people/e515148a-5d83-4b4b-890d-f184958e63ae
  8. contacts into the people app

contacts into the people app: I am setting up Windows 10 for a friend who uses an email provider where the contacts list does not appear to be compatible with the People App. I have saved the contacts list that was in windows live mail, stored on the windows 7 machine, as a csv file and vcf files. I...
  9. Contacts online not syncing in to people app.

Contacts online not syncing in to people app.: On behalf of an end user, I configured the Windows 10 mail app (because the far superior Windows Live Mail app has been retired by Microsoft). I exported his Windows Live Mail in to a CSV. I created a Microsoft account using his existing email address *** Email address is...
  10. People app not syncing google contacts

People app not syncing google contacts: I have the release Windows 10. I have successfully linked my google account, and mail and calendar seem to work fine. But not the people (contacts) app. The account is listed in People, I can tell it to sync, get no error message, but no contacts arrive. Am I missing...