Windows 10: people app

Discus and support people app in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; people app keeps crashing when i add a contact. I tried to reset that did not work. i want to uninstall and re-install but it doesnt let me. I tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ckroc, Feb 27, 2019.

1. ckroc Win User

people app

people app keeps crashing when i add a contact. I tried to reset that did not work. i want to uninstall and re-install but it doesnt let me. I tried using powershell commands and they dont work either.

:)

ckroc, Feb 27, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. people app :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Feb 27, 2019
  3. dscanlon Win User
    Issue with People app

I'm running a clean install of Win 10, less than a week old, and I'm seeing some odd behaviour with the People app.

When I'm in Mail, I can see a contact's details by clicking on the "Open Contact" option from within the message. This opens the People app. So far so good.

However, this seems to be the only way I can access People. There's no obvious way to access it otherwise from mail, it's not listed in "All apps": also, when the People app is open, it has no icon in the taskbar - just an empty space where the icon should be (I can grab this anti-icon and move it around the taskbar).

Any suggestions welcome...

dscanlon, Feb 27, 2019
  4. robinpe Win User

people app

Missing apps: Store, People, Photos, Games & Camera on upgrading to 10

Thanks for replying spunk. That's the 'alphabetical' list I was referring to, none of these apps are in that 'All apps' list. Any more suggestions?

robinpe, Feb 27, 2019
Thema:

people app

1. people app - Similar Threads - app

2. Windows won't update, settings app crashing, Microsoft Store apps not downloading

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows won't update, settings app crashing, Microsoft Store apps not downloading: For some reason I decided to run driverpack on my pc more than a month ago and as a result it installed a bunch of random software including but not limited to Opera and an app named "Weather". I caught on and stopped driverpack and ran McAfee which detected the threats and...
  3. Windows won't update, settings app crashing, Microsoft Store apps not downloading

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows won't update, settings app crashing, Microsoft Store apps not downloading: For some reason I decided to run driverpack on my pc more than a month ago and as a result it installed a bunch of random software including but not limited to Opera and an app named "Weather". I caught on and stopped driverpack and ran McAfee which detected the threats and...
  4. Windows won't update, settings app crashing, Microsoft Store apps not downloading

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Apps close in a few seconds after starting the computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apps close in a few seconds after starting the computer: Whatever I open after starting the computer the apps will shut down in a few seconds. I've tried Edge. Chrome and some other games, the results are all the same. It seems like whatever I run in a few minutes after starting windows have the same issue.Restarting the computer...
  6. Apps close in a few seconds after starting the computer

Apps close in a few seconds after starting the computer: Whatever I open after starting the computer the apps will shut down in a few seconds. I've tried Edge. Chrome and some other games, the results are all the same. It seems like whatever I run in a few minutes after starting windows have the same issue.Restarting the computer...
  7. Apps and games cant open correctly and cant reinstall them or fix them

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apps and games cant open correctly and cant reinstall them or fix them: So, when I started to click Spotify on my computer it just wouldn't open. I uninstalled it from the control panel and tried to install it again but the Spotify setup won't work or open. Same thing with apps like Roblox. I uninstalled my Roblox too since I can't seem to open...
  8. Apps and games cant open correctly and cant reinstall them or fix them

Apps and games cant open correctly and cant reinstall them or fix them: So, when I started to click Spotify on my computer it just wouldn't open. I uninstalled it from the control panel and tried to install it again but the Spotify setup won't work or open. Same thing with apps like Roblox. I uninstalled my Roblox too since I can't seem to open...
  9. Random apps I've never seen or downloaded pops up

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Random apps I've never seen or downloaded pops up: Hey, so recently I've noticed some weird changes, commad program pops up out of the blue, the same with 2 unkown programs i've never seen before, while using my pc. Then one of them paused my video and muted it somehow, I've tried to use multiple anti-virus devices, but they...
  10. Random apps I've never seen or downloaded pops up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random apps I've never seen or downloaded pops up: Hey, so recently I've noticed some weird changes, commad program pops up out of the blue, the same with 2 unkown programs i've never seen before, while using my pc. Then one of them paused my video and muted it somehow, I've tried to use multiple anti-virus devices, but they...