Windows 10: People App

Discus and support People App in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; OneSyncSvc doesn't exists in the service list. Instead I see OneSyncSvc_2d075e running as a service. (can't change no properties, can't even stop the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by aliskander, Feb 6, 2021.

1. People App

OneSyncSvc doesn't exists in the service list. Instead I see OneSyncSvc_2d075e running as a service.
    (can't change no properties, can't even stop the service)
    I wonder if that is correct as I have the following problem:
    When I try to add an mail account in the People App I get the following error:

something went wrong
    error code 0x80004005

after searching for days on the Internet I am at wit's end

My O.S. is Windows 10 HomeEdition 20H2

I would appreciate it If anyone could point me in the right direction as to the solution of my problem.

:)

aliskander, Feb 6, 2021
  2. dscanlon Win User

Issue with People app

I'm running a clean install of Win 10, less than a week old, and I'm seeing some odd behaviour with the People app.

When I'm in Mail, I can see a contact's details by clicking on the "Open Contact" option from within the message. This opens the People app. So far so good.

However, this seems to be the only way I can access People. There's no obvious way to access it otherwise from mail, it's not listed in "All apps": also, when the People app is open, it has no icon in the taskbar - just an empty space where the icon should be (I can grab this anti-icon and move it around the taskbar).

Any suggestions welcome...

dscanlon, Feb 6, 2021
  3. Brink Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. People App :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Feb 6, 2021
  4. People App

How to find People app in Windows 10.

Hi Long,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We will help you in resolving your issue.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you a question related to the query:

• Are you not able to find People app on your PC?

Method 1:

Step 1:Check if People app tile is showing on the Start menu
    by pressing Start key on keyboard

Step 2: If it is not displayed, then I suggest you to check using
    Cortana by following the steps below:

• Press Start key on the keyboard and type People.
    • Select the top most search result.

Step 3: You can also check in All settings from start menu by following the steps below:

• Press Start key on the keyboard and click on All settings option from the bottom left corner of the window.
    • Check if People app is listed under alphabet P.

Method 2: If you do not find it in PC, you can download
    People app
    from the Windows Store by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key on the keyboard and type Windows Store.
    • Select the top most search result.
    • Type People in the search and download the
      People
      app.

Get back to us with the answer to the above question to assist you further on this query. Your reply is most important for us to ensure that we assist you accordingly.

We are happy to assist you with any issues pertaining to Windows.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Feb 6, 2021
Thema:

People App

1. People App - Similar Threads - App

2. How to delete the app "Paste into file"

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to delete the app "Paste into file": I recently installed an app cal "Paste into file" from Github that saves the image, text, etc. on the clipboard with their respective extensions. what it does is that it makes its place in the desktop context menu and runs from there and doesn't make itself in the list with...
  3. Wintab driver for apps that use pen pressure keep damaging Windows 10 boot

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wintab driver for apps that use pen pressure keep damaging Windows 10 boot: I got a new Surface Book 3 and mainly need it to use Photoshop CS6. The problem is, whether I configured my surface pen or not, it doesn't apply pen pressure in Photoshop despite me fiddling with all related Photoshop settings. I was told installing a driver called Wintab...
  4. Xbox Desktop App Sign In Not Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox Desktop App Sign In Not Working: Hello I recently wanted to get the xbox app installed which I have as of now on my computer. I am able to launch the app but when I click sign in on the top right of the app and anywhere else a pop up window shows up but it's all grey and flashes behind and in front of the...
  5. Edge wants to do a first-time install when called from other apps

in Browsers and Email
    Edge wants to do a first-time install when called from other apps: I prefer Edge over Chrome for my default browser, but recently it began occasionally auto-launching as if it were a first time install (Welcome to Edge). If I let it do that, I lose all my settings and bookmarks (I now backup Edge settings weekly). I want to stop this...
  6. Windows 10 KB4601382 update fixes app crashes, game rendering issue

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 KB4601382 update fixes app crashes, game rendering issue: The rollout of the optional Windows 10 updates was resumed in early January with the promise of fixing problems that had been plaguing users. Windows 10 KB4601382 is Microsoft’s latest attempt to fix critical bugs affecting your games, desktop apps, and display monitors with...
  7. WINDOWS 10 SECURITY APPS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WINDOWS 10 SECURITY APPS: There are some great new security apps available on Android and iPhone, that I was unable to find for Windows-based computers. I was looking for an app that can actually alarm me when I am being hacked. Such apps on Android are called names such as Anti-Spy, WireTap Detector,...
  8. Camera app not recognizing external mic some of the time

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Camera app not recognizing external mic some of the time: Any audio/video inclined people have an answer to this question? I'm recording video using a 1080p webcam and a Zoom H6/Rode mic plugged into my windows 10 machine, recording using the Camera app. I'm running into an issue where it's defaulting to the internal mic instead of...
  9. Guest account in Windows 10 won't open built-in UWP apps, like Photos

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Guest account in Windows 10 won't open built-in UWP apps, like Photos: Guest account doesn't recognize built-in UWP Windows apps, like Photos. How can I fix that? For Settings, I just need the ability to personalize, but it's no big deal if I can't enable that. submitted by /u/iJONTY85 [link] [comments]...
  10. When I open the Paint app, there's a thick white line that's there by default

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    When I open the Paint app, there's a thick white line that's there by default: When I open the Paint app, there's a thick white line that's there by default. I faintly recall seeing some type of larger blank image window within the Paint window beginning about a month ago in which I attempted to remove it by changing the parameters of it. The result is...