Windows 10: People App

Discus and support People App in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; OneSyncSvc doesn't exists in the service list. Instead I see OneSyncSvc_2d075e running as a service. (can't change no properties, can't even stop the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by aliskander, Feb 6, 2021.

1. People App

OneSyncSvc doesn't exists in the service list. Instead I see OneSyncSvc_2d075e running as a service.
    (can't change no properties, can't even stop the service)
    I wonder if that is correct as I have the following problem:
    When I try to add an mail account in the People App I get the following error:

something went wrong
    error code 0x80004005

after searching for days on the Internet I am at wit's end

My O.S. is Windows 10 HomeEdition 20H2

I would appreciate it If anyone could point me in the right direction as to the solution of my problem.

:)

aliskander, Feb 6, 2021
  2. dscanlon Win User

Issue with People app

I'm running a clean install of Win 10, less than a week old, and I'm seeing some odd behaviour with the People app.

When I'm in Mail, I can see a contact's details by clicking on the "Open Contact" option from within the message. This opens the People app. So far so good.

However, this seems to be the only way I can access People. There's no obvious way to access it otherwise from mail, it's not listed in "All apps": also, when the People app is open, it has no icon in the taskbar - just an empty space where the icon should be (I can grab this anti-icon and move it around the taskbar).

Any suggestions welcome...

dscanlon, Feb 6, 2021
  3. Brink Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. People App :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Feb 6, 2021
  4. People App

How to find People app in Windows 10.

Hi Long,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We will help you in resolving your issue.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you a question related to the query:

• Are you not able to find People app on your PC?

Method 1:

Step 1:Check if People app tile is showing on the Start menu
    by pressing Start key on keyboard

Step 2: If it is not displayed, then I suggest you to check using
    Cortana by following the steps below:

• Press Start key on the keyboard and type People.
    • Select the top most search result.

Step 3: You can also check in All settings from start menu by following the steps below:

• Press Start key on the keyboard and click on All settings option from the bottom left corner of the window.
    • Check if People app is listed under alphabet P.

Method 2: If you do not find it in PC, you can download
    People app
    from the Windows Store by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key on the keyboard and type Windows Store.
    • Select the top most search result.
    • Type People in the search and download the
      People
      app.

Get back to us with the answer to the above question to assist you further on this query. Your reply is most important for us to ensure that we assist you accordingly.

We are happy to assist you with any issues pertaining to Windows.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Feb 6, 2021
Thema:

People App

1. People App - Similar Threads - App

2. While exiting s mode from Windows 11 S, app store keeps popping ‘try again’

in Windows 10 Gaming
    While exiting s mode from Windows 11 S, app store keeps popping ‘try again’: I have my newly bought laptop with me today. As I followed the instructions setting>activation>open store, I could access where there is a ‘get’ buttpn, but whenever I clicked on it, it said ‘try again’. I was so furious as I could not use the app I need for work!...
  3. While exiting s mode from Windows 11 S, app store keeps popping ‘try again’

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    While exiting s mode from Windows 11 S, app store keeps popping ‘try again’: I have my newly bought laptop with me today. As I followed the instructions setting>activation>open store, I could access where there is a ‘get’ buttpn, but whenever I clicked on it, it said ‘try again’. I was so furious as I could not use the app I need for work!...
  4. Windows 11 - Windows Security App won't open and no solution works

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - Windows Security App won't open and no solution works: Hello. I've noticed that I can't open the Windows Security App no matter what. When I try to open Windows Security or even the settings related to it in any way, the window freezes and it won't open. I tried a few solutions already posted in this forum, such asRepairing and...
  5. Windows 11 - Windows Security App won't open and no solution works

Windows 11 - Windows Security App won't open and no solution works: Hello. I've noticed that I can't open the Windows Security App no matter what. When I try to open Windows Security or even the settings related to it in any way, the window freezes and it won't open. I tried a few solutions already posted in this forum, such asRepairing and...
  6. Microsoft apps are getting stuck 1% download

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft apps are getting stuck 1% download: Hi i wanted to install a app i said "what could be wrong" i clicked download i waited couple hours to download but it didnt i sending a screenshot maybe i get some help?...
  7. Microsoft apps are getting stuck 1% download

Microsoft apps are getting stuck 1% download: Hi i wanted to install a app i said "what could be wrong" i clicked download i waited couple hours to download but it didnt i sending a screenshot maybe i get some help?...
  8. App auf 2 Windows Konten

in Windows 10 Gaming
    App auf 2 Windows Konten: Hallo,Ich habe 2 Windows Konten erstellt. Auf dem einen arbeite ich und auf dem andern spiele ich. Damit ich Handy Games auf meinem Spiele Konto spielen kann, brauche ich einen Android-Emulator z.B. Bluestacks oder Google Play Spiele BETA. Allerdings taucht mein...
  9. App auf 2 Windows Konten

App auf 2 Windows Konten: Hallo,Ich habe 2 Windows Konten erstellt. Auf dem einen arbeite ich und auf dem andern spiele ich. Damit ich Handy Games auf meinem Spiele Konto spielen kann, brauche ich einen Android-Emulator z.B. Bluestacks oder Google Play Spiele BETA. Allerdings taucht mein...
  10. Office 365 apps for enterprise are being installed automatically

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Office 365 apps for enterprise are being installed automatically: Hello Team,Currently, we're utilizing AVD machines where Office 365 apps are exclusively installed. We've enforced a policy restricting users from installing apps on their local systems. However, with the recent Windows 11 update, Office 365 apps for enterprise are being...