Windows 10: people app

Discus and support people app in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I can't figure out how to use the people app. Is there a tutorial or book?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by HermanSchmidt1, Mar 3, 2021.

1. people app

I can't figure out how to use the people app. Is there a tutorial or book?

:)

HermanSchmidt1, Mar 3, 2021
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. people app :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Mar 3, 2021
  3. dscanlon Win User
    Issue with People app

I'm running a clean install of Win 10, less than a week old, and I'm seeing some odd behaviour with the People app.

When I'm in Mail, I can see a contact's details by clicking on the "Open Contact" option from within the message. This opens the People app. So far so good.

However, this seems to be the only way I can access People. There's no obvious way to access it otherwise from mail, it's not listed in "All apps": also, when the People app is open, it has no icon in the taskbar - just an empty space where the icon should be (I can grab this anti-icon and move it around the taskbar).

Any suggestions welcome...

dscanlon, Mar 3, 2021
  4. robinpe Win User

people app

Missing apps: Store, People, Photos, Games & Camera on upgrading to 10

Thanks for replying spunk. That's the 'alphabetical' list I was referring to, none of these apps are in that 'All apps' list. Any more suggestions?

robinpe, Mar 3, 2021
Thema:

people app

1. people app - Similar Threads - app

2. Can’t see that Advanced App Settings offers 'chose where to get apps'. But, when I open...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can’t see that Advanced App Settings offers 'chose where to get apps'. But, when I open...: . I'm getting the 'this app not Microsoft verified' message so I have gone into Settings/Apps & can see that Advanced App Settings offers 'chose where to get apps'. But, when I open Advanced App there is no choose option, only Share, Aliases & Archive. Can anyone help please?...
  3. Can’t see that Advanced App Settings offers 'chose where to get apps'. But, when I open...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can’t see that Advanced App Settings offers 'chose where to get apps'. But, when I open...: . I'm getting the 'this app not Microsoft verified' message so I have gone into Settings/Apps & can see that Advanced App Settings offers 'chose where to get apps'. But, when I open Advanced App there is no choose option, only Share, Aliases & Archive. Can anyone help please?...
  4. Windows is disabling certain startup apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows is disabling certain startup apps: So, about 2 weeks ago, I noticed that three apps that I use quite often were not running. When I looked in Apps--> Startup, the three apps were showing as diabled in Startup. I enabled them, but after several restartrs, the same three apps did not start up and sure enough,...
  5. Windows is disabling certain startup apps

Windows is disabling certain startup apps: So, about 2 weeks ago, I noticed that three apps that I use quite often were not running. When I looked in Apps--> Startup, the three apps were showing as diabled in Startup. I enabled them, but after several restartrs, the same three apps did not start up and sure enough,...
  6. What is the point of paying for apps and a laptop that you can't use then due to “s mode”?

in Windows 10 Customization
    What is the point of paying for apps and a laptop that you can't use then due to “s mode”?: Extremely disappointed I am unable to use my cloud apps on the laptop I purchased along with apps I purchased that prior to updates I opened and used daily. What was the point? Before opening my apps were easy…. now can't open an app with out a message that talks about MS...
  7. How to turn off App Promotions in Windows 11's Start Menu

in Windows 10 News
    How to turn off App Promotions in Windows 11's Start Menu: Starting next month and available as a preview right now, Windows 11's Start Menu will show promotions for certain apps. This time, advertised apps will show up in the recommended section of the Start Menu of the operating system. The new placement complements the...
  8. Windows 11 system freezing which app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 system freezing which app: Hi, I am using windows 11 is Dell laptop 3420 but it gets freeze and nothing works.I have to finally restart it using hard press power button. I have updated all drivers updates from dell, window updates is their any way by which I can check if freezing is caused by any...
  9. Windows 11 system freezing which app

Windows 11 system freezing which app: Hi, I am using windows 11 is Dell laptop 3420 but it gets freeze and nothing works.I have to finally restart it using hard press power button. I have updated all drivers updates from dell, window updates is their any way by which I can check if freezing is caused by any...
  10. What is the point of paying for apps and a laptop that you can't use then due to “s mode”?

What is the point of paying for apps and a laptop that you can't use then due to “s mode”?: Extremely disappointed I am unable to use my cloud apps on the laptop I purchased along with apps I purchased that prior to updates I opened and used daily. What was the point? Before opening my apps were easy…. now can't open an app with out a message that talks about MS...