Windows 10: People App

Discus and support People App in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My People App which is tied into Live Mail does not show anybody in the alphabetical A section although I can pick them up in Live Mail. How can I fix... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by rogerj67, Aug 11, 2015.

1. rogerj67 Win User

People App

My People App which is tied into Live Mail does not show anybody in the alphabetical A section although I can pick them up in Live Mail. How can I fix this?

Roger

:)

rogerj67, Aug 11, 2015

2. People App

Hi Smitty,

Thanks for the tip this lead me to try logging into Yahoo Mail and found a more direct route to People. Once in People I was able to remove old contacts and add new ones. Going thru Outlook .com was a little bit of a problem and I quit.

Thank You

Frank

FrankRodriguez_1956, Aug 11, 2015
  3. people app

Try using Powershell to install. Do let me know if these don't work for you. If not, I will provide further steps to you to solve this problem.

Right click on Windows Start > Windows Powershell (Admin) > Copy and paste below and hit Enter to install

People App -

Cortana -

E for Excel, Aug 11, 2015
  4. Kari Win User

People App

Hi Roger, welcome to the Ten Forums.

The People App by default only shows the contacts of your Windows sign in Microsoft Account. All other accounts need to be manually added. In your case the most probable explanation is that you have no contacts starting with A on the MS Account you use to sign in to Windows, but you have those on another email account you use with Live Mail.

If this is the case add all your accounts to People App. Click / tap the three dots button, select Settings:

People App [​IMG]

Select Add an account:

People App [​IMG]

Select the type of account you'd like to add and follow the on-screen instructions:

People App [​IMG]

5. rogerj67 Win User
    When click the three dots I only get a menu that says share or delete. Nothing about settings.

Roger

rogerj67, Aug 11, 2015
  6. Kari Win User
    Sometimes it's difficult...

People App [​IMG]

The original screenshot to compare:

People App [​IMG]

7. rogerj67 Win User
    Got that. I was looking at the right of the screen instead of left. But nothing worked when I tried to add accounts so any contacts I had in those must have disappeared. I expect I will have to laboriously add all the details of each of the "A"s into Live Mail manually. I have had a lot of trouble with Windows 10 and Email. My ISP in New Zealand is Spark, the biggest ISP; but they still use the Pop3 protocol for inwards email and it took them a long time to sort that out with Windows 8.1; they changed their outward server to IMAP and that worked OK with Windows 8.1 but won't work at all with Windows 10? Another peculiarity with this People App is that if try to mess around with the settings it pops up an error saying it cannot run with this version of Windows... should it be uninstalled somehow and re-installed from Windows 10?

Roger

rogerj67, Aug 11, 2015
  8. Kari Win User

People App

Personally I have had no issues in adding various POP, IMAP and Exchange accounts both to Mail app and the People app. In your case I would start from the Spark support; Windows 10 is here and we consumers should no longer accept these stupid statements like "We do not support Windows 10 yet".

What do you mean with "mess around with the settings"? What do you do when the error message is shown?

9. rogerj67 Win User
    1. In reply to your last question... when I am in People and try to activate the email address highlighted I get "This App can't run on your PC. To find a version for your PC check with the software publisher".

2. The MAIL App in Widows 10 does not work at all. It says that it is trying to sync but eventually gives up. When I try to activate Sync I get an error "We can't connect to Pop3.xtra.co.nz at the moment. Make sure you have a connection, then try again." The internet connection is in fact on! But it has been reported all around the country that the internet is very slow and flaky because, presumably, of the mass downloads of Windows 10.

3. The Outlook program will not work on Windows 10 (it will not send). Outlook.com will not work on Windows 10. Thunderbird will but I cannot import Contacts to it. Live Mail 2012 works the best but I cannot edit or delete any Contacts (they are greyed out) and it will not import addresses.
    I am running out of ideas of what email program to install.
    I think much of the problem lies with the Spark ISP but their call-center (probably housed in Bombay) just says that Windows 10 will not work with their settings and advise me to call in an expert and revert to Windows 8.1! I actually also have a very small laptop running Windows 8.1 but I can't get any email app to run on that either.

rogerj67, Aug 12, 2015
  10. rogerj67 Win User
    Mail and People Apps solved! (after looking through hundreds of similar complaints on the internet)...
    I had set up the Mail App using various email programs which crashed it until I set it up using Windows Live Mail which stuck but still didn't receive or send any emails. I have found out since that I should have set it up using one of my two local email addresses and then added the other one. When I finally discovered this I spent ages trying to delete the Windows Live Account only to find, eventually, that you cannot delete any of the Microsoft signing in accounts from the Mail App in Windows 10 (eg Live Mail or Outlook.com). So I added my two email addresses as additional Accounts and when they came up in the Mail App on a re-start I adjusted the Inbox to read the most used of those email addresses each time I clicked on it, ignoring the little used other email address (which I could still bring up if necessary) and completely ignoring the wretched Live Mail Account. As a bonus the People App now works OK!

Roger

rogerj67, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

People App

1. People App - Similar Threads - App

2. I can't open the settings app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't open the settings app: Hello everyone, it's been over a month. I couldn't open settings on my laptop and windows didn't show any error at that time. But today after about 10 hours, when I opened the installation application, windows reported an error code picture below. I have tried restarting the...
  3. I can't open the settings app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't open the settings app: Hello everyone, it's been over a month. I couldn't open settings on my laptop and windows didn't show any error at that time. But today after about 10 hours, when I opened the installation application, windows reported an error code picture below. I have tried restarting the...
  4. Authenticator app was working and now it's not.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Authenticator app was working and now it's not.: What is going on with the Authenticator app? Earlier today, I had no problem logging into my vault. When I had to get back into my account on my laptop, nothing shows up on the Authenticator app. I also tried to log in using my password Which is correct, but that doesn't...
  5. Authenticator app was working and now it's not.

Authenticator app was working and now it's not.: What is going on with the Authenticator app? Earlier today, I had no problem logging into my vault. When I had to get back into my account on my laptop, nothing shows up on the Authenticator app. I also tried to log in using my password Which is correct, but that doesn't...
  6. Why is "Battery usage per app" not working now?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is "Battery usage per app" not working now?: In "System > Power & Battery" settings, I've previously been able to see a list of apps under "Battery usage per app" and sort them, but now it just says "No apps used battery during this time period". Also, if I try to switch the view to "Last 7 days", the whole settings app...
  7. Why is "Battery usage per app" not working now?

Why is "Battery usage per app" not working now?: In "System > Power & Battery" settings, I've previously been able to see a list of apps under "Battery usage per app" and sort them, but now it just says "No apps used battery during this time period". Also, if I try to switch the view to "Last 7 days", the whole settings app...
  8. Can scan using HP app but not from Windows scan and Fax

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can scan using HP app but not from Windows scan and Fax: HP 3830 printer. Win 10:I can scan a using the HPsmart program. However when I try from Windows Scan and Fax, it says there is no scanner. Going to Printers and Scanners shows the scanner part of Printer is OFFline.ANy ideas ?Thanks Ron...
  9. Can scan using HP app but not from Windows scan and Fax

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can scan using HP app but not from Windows scan and Fax: HP 3830 printer. Win 10:I can scan a using the HPsmart program. However when I try from Windows Scan and Fax, it says there is no scanner. Going to Printers and Scanners shows the scanner part of Printer is OFFline.ANy ideas ?Thanks Ron...
  10. Can scan using HP app but not from Windows scan and Fax