Windows 10: People App's Data File Location

Discus and support People App's Data File Location in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Where does the People App keep its data? I make frequent changes and updates and would like to make a copy after each change. I lost all the names... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JJG10, Sep 1, 2018.

1. JJG10 Win User

People App's Data File Location

Where does the People App keep its data? I make frequent changes and updates and would like to make a copy after each change. I lost all the names after a KBCI error and had to restore Windows from a day old Macrium backup. I sure would have been easier to just drag and drop copy from the the backup file.

Thank you.

:)

JJG10, Sep 1, 2018
  2. JJG10 Win User

File Storage Location for People App

For years I have use Outlook 365 for email, calendar and contacts. I want to try the People App for my phone book but can't figure out how to back up the data file for it. Where is the storage file for that located? Also, the calendar app?

Thank you very much.

JJG10, Sep 1, 2018
  3. dalchina Win User
    File Storage Location for People App

A reasonable guess would be here for People

People App's Data File Location [​IMG]

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Packages\....

You could explore the Packages folder further for more. E.g. that's where Mail stores its emails.

dalchina, Sep 1, 2018
  4. robinpe Win User

Missing apps: Store, People, Photos, Games & Camera on upgrading to 10

Thanks for replying spunk. That's the 'alphabetical' list I was referring to, none of these apps are in that 'All apps' list. Any more suggestions?

robinpe, Sep 1, 2018
Thema:

1. People App's Data File Location - Similar Threads - App's Data File

2. Microsoft Store App Data Location and Transfer

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store App Data Location and Transfer: I had a laptop unexpectedly die on me before I could make a backup of a LiquidText note file downloaded from the Microsoft store.The hard drive survived and I have access to the files on it and have located where I believe the files are in the WindowsApps folder, but they are...
  3. Microsoft Store App Data Location and Transfer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Store App Data Location and Transfer: I had a laptop unexpectedly die on me before I could make a backup of a LiquidText note file downloaded from the Microsoft store.The hard drive survived and I have access to the files on it and have located where I believe the files are in the WindowsApps folder, but they are...
  4. Cannot locate App File Location

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot locate App File Location: Okay, windows 11 has had SO MANY ISSUES, but this one takes the cake. I am trying to find the home folder for the Phone Link App, but it is not available through the start menu. Whoever thought that removing good features of windows 10 was a good idea, should take a pay cut,...
  5. Cannot locate App File Location

Cannot locate App File Location: Okay, windows 11 has had SO MANY ISSUES, but this one takes the cake. I am trying to find the home folder for the Phone Link App, but it is not available through the start menu. Whoever thought that removing good features of windows 10 was a good idea, should take a pay cut,...
  6. App roaming data location in File Explorer.

in Windows 10 Customization
    App roaming data location in File Explorer.: Hi, once I came across the roaming data of Opera, and found some useless stuff. I want to clear all roaming data, could you tell me where is the path located in File Explorer?...
  7. Microsoft People/People app

Microsoft People/People app: Recently had to reinstall Win 10 Pro on my desktop. People or Microsoft People should have been part of that install, I believe, but maybe not because I believe I kept my files and programs. Regardless, my contacts in People are gone. Apps show I have 'People' but will not...
  8. locating and opening a lost file in APP Data Local Packages

locating and opening a lost file in APP Data Local Packages: I need help with locating and opening a file saved as a Temp File in APP Data/Local Packages. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/locating-and-opening-a-lost-file-in-app-data-local/4a7e29f1-96ad-47bb-b1ed-83119dbad4c0
  9. File Storage Location for People App

File Storage Location for People App: For years I have use Outlook 365 for email, calendar and contacts. I want to try the People App for my phone book but can't figure out how to back up the data file for it. Where is the storage file for that located? Also, the calendar app? Thank you very much. 113276
  10. Data lost on Win 10 people app

Data lost on Win 10 people app: Having spent hours loading up all my data to the people app, I find when I opened it yesterday, all my data is gone! Can this be restored? Are there any other apps available I can use that may be more reliable than this app? 81086