Windows 10: People can hear my music, video and notifications while on video call using hangouts

Discus and support People can hear my music, video and notifications while on video call using hangouts in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I just got a new laptop and headset and whenever I am doing a video call using hangouts the other party can hear my notification sounds or when I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Djmonkey20, Dec 18, 2019.

1. People can hear my music, video and notifications while on video call using hangouts

Hi,

I just got a new laptop and headset and whenever I am doing a video call using hangouts the other party can hear my notification sounds or when I am playing music they can hear it too.

Thanks,

:)

Djmonkey20, Dec 18, 2019
  2. Kari Win User

adding background music to video

You need a video editing program to do that. Because you tell you have no experience, I recommend you start with a free one before spending money, to see if video editing is something you might get interested in.

In my opinion, the absolutely easiest to use and by far the best of all free editors is OpenShot (OpenShot Video Editor | Free, Open, and Award-Winning Video Editor for Linux, Mac, and Windows!)

It is Open Source (Open source - Wikipedia), free with no hidden costs for additional features.

When installed, run OpenShot. List numbers refer to numbers in screenshot:
    1. Select Project Files
    2. Click + to browse to and import your video
    3. Video will be added to Project Files
    4. Drag the video to timeline, to any free track. Be sure to add video so that beginning of it touches the red vertical line at beginning of the track
    5. Right click video track, select Separate Audio > Single clip

People can hear my music, video and notifications while on video call using hangouts [​IMG]

(Click to enlarge.)

Audio will be separated from video and moved to another track. Select the audio track, right click it and select Remove Clip:

People can hear my music, video and notifications while on video call using hangouts [​IMG]

Audio track will be cleared, the original audio of your video removed.

Import your music file to Project Files exactly as you imported the video, and drag it to any free track.

Usually the added audio track is not the same length than the video. If your music lasts longer than the video, go to end of timeline and drag audio track content so that it ends at the same point than video:

If your music track is shorter than video, you can add it again at the end of current audio track.

Now you can export (save) the video:

That's it! Easy, fast and free.

Note Please notice that if you want to publish the video on social media, YouTube and such, you must own copyrights for audio and video content, or have copyright owner's permission. On my 100+ Windows videos, when I feel the video needs some background music, I use the copyright free music from YouTube. Another free source is the Free Music Archive.

3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Can’t hear audio while recording games or videos

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We will need some more information to help you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps. Please reply with the following details:

• How are you recording the games or videos?
    • When you say, “I can't hear anything” you are unable to get the in-game audio or your voice?
    • What is the make and model of the computer?
    • Which build version of Windows 10 is installed on the computer? To check type:
      winver in the search bar on the Taskbar and hit
      Enter.

If you are using Game bar to record the games or videos, I suggest you to refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + I to open
      Settings.
    2. Click on Gaming.
    3. Click on Capture on the left pane.
    4. Clear the check box for Record gaming audio only.
    5. Follow the same steps for Broadcasting.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Dec 18, 2019
  4. Steve C Win User

People can hear my music, video and notifications while on video call using hangouts

What exactly are are "My music", "My Pictures" and "My videos"

You can't redirect the shortcut links which is the subject of the post

Steve C, Dec 18, 2019
Thema:

People can hear my music, video and notifications while on video call using hangouts

1. People can hear my music, video and notifications while on video call using hangouts - Similar Threads - hear music video

2. Cannot Hear Music while in zoom call

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot Hear Music while in zoom call: This is pretty similar to a question that was answered here, but i'm specifically having issue with music playing on my computer being extremely muffled when I listen to it in a zoom call.Is it perhaps a default zoom setting?...
  3. Cannot Hear Music while in zoom call

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot Hear Music while in zoom call: This is pretty similar to a question that was answered here, but i'm specifically having issue with music playing on my computer being extremely muffled when I listen to it in a zoom call.Is it perhaps a default zoom setting?...
  4. When on a video call or using mic, voice's can be heard but not musics.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When on a video call or using mic, voice's can be heard but not musics.: How do you fix this issue?Im using a earphone on Windows 11, whenever i get to discord call i can hear the voice clear, but no music's can be heard?While on discord call or using mic, voice = hear. but music = no hear hear sorry for bad english fix pleaseCan anyone help me...
  5. When on a video call or using mic, voice's can be heard but not musics.

When on a video call or using mic, voice's can be heard but not musics.: How do you fix this issue?Im using a earphone on Windows 11, whenever i get to discord call i can hear the voice clear, but no music's can be heard?While on discord call or using mic, voice = hear. but music = no hear hear sorry for bad english fix pleaseCan anyone help me...
  6. Background music disappears during video calls

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Background music disappears during video calls: I recently got a new laptop with Windows 11 and I've noticed a strange problem while on calls on Skype and Discord.I like to play movies over Skype with my parents so we can spend time together when we don't see each other but since getting the new laptop the movie will...
  7. People can't hear me, but can hear a video i play

in Windows 10 Gaming
    People can't hear me, but can hear a video i play: The problem is exactly as described above, my mic is on and the people in the meeting can not hear me but they can hear the song i am listening to. I tried turning of stereo mix, updated windows a dozen of times, nothing fixed it....
  8. People can't hear me, but can hear a video i play

People can't hear me, but can hear a video i play: The problem is exactly as described above, my mic is on and the people in the meeting can not hear me but they can hear the song i am listening to. I tried turning of stereo mix, updated windows a dozen of times, nothing fixed it....
  9. People can't hear me, but can hear a video i play

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. Can't hear voice chat and video calls and people can't hear me

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't hear voice chat and video calls and people can't hear me: my pc specs Windows 10 pro 64 bit w/update KB4023057 Intel Core i7-3770K 32gb DDR3 RAM GeForce gtx 970 Asus Z77 sabertooth So when I go to sound under Control panel everything shows up fine in playback and both microphones show up (my headset and webcam) and even when I...