Windows 10: People can hear my system sounds when chatting.

Discus and support People can hear my system sounds when chatting. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi. I've just bought an RX5 soundcard and I have an issue. When I'm chatting to people on Discord or any other chat software (or even just using the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/MNKPlayer, Jan 24, 2021.

1. People can hear my system sounds when chatting.

Hi. I've just bought an RX5 soundcard and I have an issue. When I'm chatting to people on Discord or any other chat software (or even just using the Voice Recorder software in Windows), they can hear anything I'm doing on my PC. If I have a video playing, they can hear it, clear as day. I've tried everything I can think of (list below) but nothing is working.

Tried different headset (in case it was a mic issue) Set the mic settings correctly (listen to this device is OFF, exclusive mode is ON). Disabled all other recording inputs, so only the main mic is on. Turned the volume right down on the PC. Mic boost is OFF and tried with the input volume lower. Tried the official and unofficial drivers for the card.

Weirdly, if I have the mic on and don't talk, then turn the mic off on the headphones (they have a button) the sound from my system (any videos or games I'm playing at the time) gets LOUDER instead of turning off! So it's not mic bleed, it's something "internal" to the set up.

I bought this card because I was having the issue with onboard sound, so I thought it'd fix it, but it obviously hasn't. I've tried different headsets to no avail. At the moment I've got the sound coming out of the new card and using the mic on the onboard sound card. I'd hoped that separating the mic completely from the output device would help, it didn't.

This seems to be a Windows issue, but I can't figure it out for the life of me.

I have all latest drivers and latest version of Windows (20H2).

Any help is appreciated.

submitted by /u/MNKPlayer
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/MNKPlayer, Jan 24, 2021
  2. Tohuw Win User

Can't hear other programs' sound when using Bluetooth headsets with voice chat applications on Windows 10

This happens on both my Windows 10 systems, a late 2012 iMac and a custom-built PC using an ASRock Z170 motherboard and an Insignia Bluetooth dongle.

When using either Discord or Mumble and either Apple AirPods or a Bose QuietComfort 35 headset, I cannot hear sound from any other application unless I set the output device to the "Hands-Free Device" instead of the "Stereo Headphones" device.

The problem with that is the "Hands-Free Device" has only one sound quality option, 8 KHz, which is nowhere near the 44.1 KHz default of the "Stereo Headphones" output device. When I select the "Stereo Headphones" device the sound is great, until I open either of the mentioned voice chat applications, whereupon I can't hear anything until I close that program. Also, my mic does not work unless I re-set the communications device or default device to the hands-free option. If I set the hands-free device as the communications device, everything in the voice chat app works, but no other program has any sound.

I believe this is because the "Hands-Free" and "Stereo Headphones" devices are two separate Bluetooth services, and the Hands-Free device is activated whenever the voice chat is engaged, and remains that way until the "call" is over. I realize the "Communications" tab in the sound control panel is supposed to fix this sort of thing, but it changes nothing in this scenario.

Any ideas?

EDIT: I've read the suggestions in this post, which I just discovered, and none of that works:

• Removing the Hands-Free Telephony service removes the mic.
    • Changing the "Exclusive Mode" setting on any playback or recording device does not resolve the problem. Sometimes it does temporarily, then it reverts back to the problem described above within 5 minutes or so.
    • Disabling audio enhancements does nothing.

Tohuw, Jan 24, 2021
  3. Can't hear voice chat and video calls and people can't hear me

my pc specs

• Windows 10 pro 64 bit w/update KB4023057
    • Intel Core i7-3770K
    • 32gb DDR3 RAM
    • GeForce gtx 970
    • Asus Z77 sabertooth
    So when I go to sound under Control panel everything shows up fine in playback and both microphones show up (my headset and webcam) and even when I enable playback I can hear myself just fine so I know its not hardware. But whenever i enter a chat like in
    skype, teamspeak, discord, or any game, Ican't hear anything and people can't hear me. I've double checked and i have the most current drivers and I have also re-installed the drivers from scratch with no change. i've had this issue for a few months and now
    my job heavily relies on skype so i need this fixed.

adfalvarado, Jan 24, 2021
  4. Arcadian Win User

People can hear my system sounds when chatting.

No sound on video chat

No expert at all so having big problems on video chat as whilst I can hear and see them they can only see me, not hear. Taken a screen pic of sound settings which hopefully will reveal what's wrong....

Much appreciate any help thanks

People can hear my system sounds when chatting. [​IMG]

Arcadian, Jan 24, 2021
Thema:

People can hear my system sounds when chatting.

1. People can hear my system sounds when chatting. - Similar Threads - hear system sounds

2. Windows 11 - People can hear me speak but can NOT hear my guitar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 - People can hear me speak but can NOT hear my guitar: When I had my Lenovo on Windows 10, I could talk to my guitar teacher via Zoom or Skype and we could hear each other's guitars.When I bought my Acer on Windows 11, we could only hear each others voices but not the guitarsI turned off noise suppression on Skype, Zoom and I...
  3. Windows 11 - People can hear me speak but can NOT hear my guitar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - People can hear me speak but can NOT hear my guitar: When I had my Lenovo on Windows 10, I could talk to my guitar teacher via Zoom or Skype and we could hear each other's guitars.When I bought my Acer on Windows 11, we could only hear each others voices but not the guitarsI turned off noise suppression on Skype, Zoom and I...
  4. people can hear me but i can't hear them

in Windows 10 Gaming
    people can hear me but i can't hear them: no matter what im on, i can't hear people whether it is games or discord or skype, doesn't matter. I use a Xbox one controller as a adapter for my headset as it is only a single jack headset. In game i can hear everything else, just not voices. music and audio works fine. I...
  5. people can hear me but i can't hear them

people can hear me but i can't hear them: no matter what im on, i can't hear people whether it is games or discord or skype, doesn't matter. I use a Xbox one controller as a adapter for my headset as it is only a single jack headset. In game i can hear everything else, just not voices. music and audio works fine. I...
  6. Windows 11 - People can hear me speak but can NOT hear my guitar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - People can hear me speak but can NOT hear my guitar: Now that I am using Windows 11, there seems to be a huge issue on both Zoom and Skype. My guitar teacher and I can hear each other speak but neither of us can hear the guitars. I have a feeling that this is a built in issue with Windows 11 that can't be fixed.HELPTHANK YOU...
  7. Windows 11 - People can hear me speak but can NOT hear my guitar

Windows 11 - People can hear me speak but can NOT hear my guitar: Now that I am using Windows 11, there seems to be a huge issue on both Zoom and Skype. My guitar teacher and I can hear each other speak but neither of us can hear the guitars. I have a feeling that this is a built in issue with Windows 11 that can't be fixed.HELPTHANK YOU...
  8. I cant hear people in discord, but I can hear the "dings" of people leaving and rejoining.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I cant hear people in discord, but I can hear the "dings" of people leaving and rejoining.: I can hear other sounds in discord, just not voices. I restarted my computer and redownloaded discord, but it still did not work. I am on PC, and any help is much appreciated. submitted by /u/nckgrock [link] [comments]...
  9. Cannot hear sounds from browser & games but I can hear system sounds!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot hear sounds from browser & games but I can hear system sounds!: (SOLVED) Sometimes I cannot hear sounds from games, browsers (all of them) and programs. The funny thing is that I can hear system sounds e.g. when I change the sound level. Solution: My desktop PC has 4 users. To describe the solution, I must write the scenario...
  10. Can't hear voice chat and video calls and people can't hear me

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't hear voice chat and video calls and people can't hear me: my pc specs Windows 10 pro 64 bit w/update KB4023057 Intel Core i7-3770K 32gb DDR3 RAM GeForce gtx 970 Asus Z77 sabertooth So when I go to sound under Control panel everything shows up fine in playback and both microphones show up (my headset and webcam) and even when I...