Windows 10: People can still hear me after i mute and unplug my microphone.

Discus and support People can still hear me after i mute and unplug my microphone. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I tried to reset my pc and tried to disable the stereo mix and my friends can still hear me when im muted. i have no idea for any other solution. Im... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by . ѕтσям, Feb 23, 2024.

1. People can still hear me after i mute and unplug my microphone.

I tried to reset my pc and tried to disable the stereo mix and my friends can still hear me when im muted. i have no idea for any other solution. Im using this GameStop mic i think its called Realtek. this is a new problem that has never accrued to me or my friends. it is a direct plug in microphone into my pc.

:)

. ѕтσям, Feb 23, 2024
  2. Allan Mej Win User

Having to unplug microphone to hear playback.

Hi Mark,

There are several audio inputs on your PC depending on your motherboard. It is possible that you are plugging your
    microphone in the jack which supports audio in and audio out (same as phone jacks) and is set as your playback device. When this happens, you will not hear the audio out because the audio signal is sent into the microphone. Simply unplug your
    microphone and move it to the microphone jack and you will be able to hear the playback sound.

People can still hear me after i mute and unplug my microphone. 44720e62-c33b-4f4d-b705-c801612e7c5e.png

If you are sure that your microphone is connected to the microphone jack, it is possible that your playback device is being disabled by your microphone. To enable/change your playback device, kindly follow these steps:

• Right-click the Volume icon on the lower-left corner of your screen.
    • Click Playback devices, right-click your speaker (or any preferred playback device), and click Enable.

Note: If you cannot see your preferred playback device, right-click on your current playback device and click
      Show Disabled Devices.

Let us know how things go.

Regards.

Allan Mej, Feb 23, 2024
  3. mahahual Win User
    microphone mutes itself

When i go into properties the mike is muted. When I unmute it works for less than a minute then mutes again. The only suggestion I have found is set as default device which does not solve problem. I have also read it is a virus but I cannot solve with malware or virus scans. It first became a problem just a few weeks ago while skyping. Never had a problem with mike until then.

Troubleshooter finds the microphone muted and fixes, Within a minute the microphone mutes itself again.

mahahual, Feb 23, 2024
  4. People can still hear me after i mute and unplug my microphone.

Windows Explorer is muting microphone

Hi Jozef,

To help you stop your microphone from muting automatically, we suggest that you follow the steps suggested by
    Kalpana Shankarappa on this
    thread
    that talks about the same issue.

Let us know how it goes.

Thank you.

Angela Pun, Feb 23, 2024
Thema:

People can still hear me after i mute and unplug my microphone.

1. People can still hear me after i mute and unplug my microphone. - Similar Threads - still hear mute

2. People can still hear me after i mute and unplug my microphone.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    People can still hear me after i mute and unplug my microphone.: I tried to reset my pc and tried to disable the stereo mix and my friends can still hear me when im muted. i have no idea for any other solution. Im using this GameStop mic i think its called Realtek. this is a new problem that has never accrued to me or my friends. it is a...
  3. people can hear me but i can't hear them

in Windows 10 Gaming
    people can hear me but i can't hear them: no matter what im on, i can't hear people whether it is games or discord or skype, doesn't matter. I use a Xbox one controller as a adapter for my headset as it is only a single jack headset. In game i can hear everything else, just not voices. music and audio works fine. I...
  4. people can hear me but i can't hear them

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    people can hear me but i can't hear them: no matter what im on, i can't hear people whether it is games or discord or skype, doesn't matter. I use a Xbox one controller as a adapter for my headset as it is only a single jack headset. In game i can hear everything else, just not voices. music and audio works fine. I...
  5. Windows 11 - People can hear me speak but can NOT hear my guitar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - People can hear me speak but can NOT hear my guitar: Now that I am using Windows 11, there seems to be a huge issue on both Zoom and Skype. My guitar teacher and I can hear each other speak but neither of us can hear the guitars. I have a feeling that this is a built in issue with Windows 11 that can't be fixed.HELPTHANK YOU...
  6. People can't hear me, but can hear a video i play

in Windows 10 Gaming
    People can't hear me, but can hear a video i play: The problem is exactly as described above, my mic is on and the people in the meeting can not hear me but they can hear the song i am listening to. I tried turning of stereo mix, updated windows a dozen of times, nothing fixed it....
  7. People can't hear me, but can hear a video i play

People can't hear me, but can hear a video i play: The problem is exactly as described above, my mic is on and the people in the meeting can not hear me but they can hear the song i am listening to. I tried turning of stereo mix, updated windows a dozen of times, nothing fixed it....
  8. People can't hear me, but can hear a video i play

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. I can't hear people but they can hear me in games and discord.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't hear people but they can hear me in games and discord.: I played Destiny 2 and my mic was just fine, however, after I downloaded the Xbox Companion app and/or pressed Win+G, my audio for hearing other people in discord and in-game chat stopped working. If anyone, and I mean ANYONE please help has ever had this or heard of this,...
  10. I can't hear people but they can hear me in games and discord.

I can't hear people but they can hear me in games and discord.: I played Destiny 2 and my mic was just fine, however, after I downloaded the Xbox Companion app and/or pressed Win+G, my audio for hearing other people in discord and in-game chat stopped working. If anyone, and I mean ANYONE please help has ever had this or heard of this,...