Windows 10: People Contacts

Discus and support People Contacts in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; When I open People in Win 10, several of my contacts are missing. I still have Win Live Mail 2012. I have to copy the missing contacts from Win Live... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by nolen01, Mar 11, 2017.

1. nolen01 Win User

People Contacts

When I open People in Win 10, several of my contacts are missing. I still have Win Live Mail 2012. I have to copy the missing contacts from Win Live mail to People. Does any one know why some of my contacts are missing in People? I tried to import my contacts from Win Live Mail and ended up with triple contacts for every contact.

:)

nolen01, Mar 11, 2017
  2. musica31 Win User

People (Contacts)

If there's a "ME" contact under People, it means that an MS account is setup on the phone. If your mother owns the phone, is the MS account setup on her phone yours?

Verify that there's an account setup by going to Settings > email+accounts > Microsoft account. If she wants to get rid of it, resetting the device is the option. You have to create a backup copy of the files as these will be deleted in the process of resetting.
    Go to Settings > about > reset your phone.

Be reminded though that not having an MS account on the phone will hinder you from using MS services. See the below link to find out what are these.

http://www.windowsphone.com/en-ph/how-to/wp8/accounts-and-billing/what-is-a-microsoft-account

Let us know your thoughts and what you or your mother prefer to do.

musica31, Mar 11, 2017
  3. hsnam Win User
    People (Contacts)

Hi all

Is there any way to get rid of ME at the top in the people menu, above my contacts? I understand this is to do with the phone owners account for the phone.

My mother has a 1020 and this irritates her and she irritates me, so I have to try and get rid of the irritation :smileyhappy:

Thanks

hsnam, Mar 11, 2017
  4. People Contacts

Hi nolen

While I don't know your exact set up I'm going to suggest that some of your contacts within Windows Live mail are stored locally and are not within your Web account. (outlook.com, Hotmail, gmail).

I've seen some craziness when importing and I'm not sure where you are doing importing. I would import using you Web account through browser. Then depending on supplier for Outlook.com (includes Hotmail, MSN, Live) click on Manage, then cleanup contacts. In gmail open Contacts and it should immediately prompt you to deal with duplicates. I use gmail when I have a client with really messy address books located every where. Haven't used MS's cleanup contacts in a while

I would also make backups of all address books just in case. (Exports)

Ken

Caledon Ken, Mar 11, 2017
Thema:

People Contacts

1. People Contacts - Similar Threads - Contacts

2. computer with windows 10 loses contact with hard drive when in idle mode?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    computer with windows 10 loses contact with hard drive when in idle mode?: On several occasions, when the computer is in idle mode it suddenly cannot find the hard drive. After a reboot everything seems fine? Any ideas?...
  3. Removing Xbox contacts from People app ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Removing Xbox contacts from People app ?: I have imported my google account contacts in the People app after that when I opened the app again I saw that some of my Xbox friends were showing up I had the same problem even on my previous Windows 10 installation and I have it again. When I try to delete a Xbox contact...
  4. Help sending email from a "Contact" link at a website

in Windows 10 Customization
    Help sending email from a "Contact" link at a website: I use several email programs but this is not about sending email from any of them. I need help at a website which has a "Contact" button but when I click it I get is a blank blue page asking me to "Choose Which Account to Send The Email From" and a box saying "Cancel". I am...
  5. FSX: how can I get into contact again with the airport tower after loading again a saved...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    FSX: how can I get into contact again with the airport tower after loading again a saved...: After landing on Kristiansund airport in Norway, directed into a parking position, engine cut-off and saving the flight. Next day loading the flight , starting again in the parked position, opening the ATC window in order to contact tower for taxiing, I saw only one entry...
  6. DeviceFreeze-0056 Device has been disabled. Please contact system administrator to unlock

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    DeviceFreeze-0056 Device has been disabled. Please contact system administrator to unlock: My MS Surface Laptop 3 randomly locked up and displays a message that reads “DeviceFreeze-0056 Device has been disabled. Please contact system administrator to unlock.” I’ve tried to restart the computer in safe mode but it gets stuck in a loop where it won’t let me selct...
  7. Import contacts from Live Mail to Mail on Windows 10

Import contacts from Live Mail to Mail on Windows 10: I have my contacts from Live Mail in a cvs file...how do I import them into my new computer with Mail on Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/import-contacts-from-live-mail-to-mail-on-windows/2edaa469-79ac-4cf7-84d8-99d65a999e77
  8. How to hide Outlook.com contacts from showing in Windows Search?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to hide Outlook.com contacts from showing in Windows Search?: As title says, is there a way to stop Windows Search from combing through or searching my contacts from Outlook.com? I just want to search files. submitted by /u/Warm-Sheepherder-597 [link] [comments]...
  9. Can I import emails, fgolders and contacts from Eudora to Windows Mail? NOT WINDOWS LIVE MAIL

Can I import emails, fgolders and contacts from Eudora to Windows Mail? NOT WINDOWS LIVE MAIL: I have used Eudora 7 for over 20 years and found it to be the easiest program for all emails. I tried Thunderbird but have trouble importing mailboxes and contacts and it doesn't keep attachments in a separate folder.. Can those items be imported into Windows Mail not...
  10. Syncing contacts info with google and outlook

Syncing contacts info with google and outlook: My gmail and outlook email and calendars sync ok. And on my phone the contacts email addresses show if I want to compose an email in Outlook. However, the gmail contact information will not show up in my contacts folder in Outlook on my Windows 10 computer.....