Windows 10: People Contacts

Discus and support People Contacts in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; When I open People in Win 10, several of my contacts are missing. I still have Win Live Mail 2012. I have to copy the missing contacts from Win Live... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by nolen01, Mar 11, 2017.

1. nolen01 Win User

People Contacts

When I open People in Win 10, several of my contacts are missing. I still have Win Live Mail 2012. I have to copy the missing contacts from Win Live mail to People. Does any one know why some of my contacts are missing in People? I tried to import my contacts from Win Live Mail and ended up with triple contacts for every contact.

:)

nolen01, Mar 11, 2017
  2. musica31 Win User

People (Contacts)

If there's a "ME" contact under People, it means that an MS account is setup on the phone. If your mother owns the phone, is the MS account setup on her phone yours?

Verify that there's an account setup by going to Settings > email+accounts > Microsoft account. If she wants to get rid of it, resetting the device is the option. You have to create a backup copy of the files as these will be deleted in the process of resetting.
    Go to Settings > about > reset your phone.

Be reminded though that not having an MS account on the phone will hinder you from using MS services. See the below link to find out what are these.

http://www.windowsphone.com/en-ph/how-to/wp8/accounts-and-billing/what-is-a-microsoft-account

Let us know your thoughts and what you or your mother prefer to do.

musica31, Mar 11, 2017
  3. hsnam Win User
    People (Contacts)

Hi all

Is there any way to get rid of ME at the top in the people menu, above my contacts? I understand this is to do with the phone owners account for the phone.

My mother has a 1020 and this irritates her and she irritates me, so I have to try and get rid of the irritation :smileyhappy:

Thanks

hsnam, Mar 11, 2017
  4. People Contacts

Hi nolen

While I don't know your exact set up I'm going to suggest that some of your contacts within Windows Live mail are stored locally and are not within your Web account. (outlook.com, Hotmail, gmail).

I've seen some craziness when importing and I'm not sure where you are doing importing. I would import using you Web account through browser. Then depending on supplier for Outlook.com (includes Hotmail, MSN, Live) click on Manage, then cleanup contacts. In gmail open Contacts and it should immediately prompt you to deal with duplicates. I use gmail when I have a client with really messy address books located every where. Haven't used MS's cleanup contacts in a while

I would also make backups of all address books just in case. (Exports)

Ken

Caledon Ken, Mar 11, 2017
Thema:

People Contacts

1. People Contacts - Similar Threads - Contacts

2. License Will Expire, Contact Organisation?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    License Will Expire, Contact Organisation?: I bought my computer around late November/Early December of 2020 and I've had no problems regarding windows that couldn't be fixed within a matter of hours. I upgraded my CPU, motherboard, cooler, RAM around 3 years later in December of 2023. But around 3 days ago I opened my...
  3. License Will Expire, Contact Organisation?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    License Will Expire, Contact Organisation?: I bought my computer around late November/Early December of 2020 and I've had no problems regarding windows that couldn't be fixed within a matter of hours. I upgraded my CPU, motherboard, cooler, RAM around 3 years later in December of 2023. But around 3 days ago I opened my...
  4. Why does Settings app crash on toggling Contacts privacy settings?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does Settings app crash on toggling Contacts privacy settings?: Why does Settings app crash on toggling Contacts privacy settings? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-settings-app-crash-on-toggling-contacts/d258e0b4-dfcd-44a5-8751-b995ea645d32
  5. Why does Settings app crash on toggling Contacts privacy settings?

Why does Settings app crash on toggling Contacts privacy settings?: Why does Settings app crash on toggling Contacts privacy settings? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-settings-app-crash-on-toggling-contacts/d258e0b4-dfcd-44a5-8751-b995ea645d32
  6. My website's contact form isn't working. How can I fix it to ensure I receive user messages?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    My website's contact form isn't working. How can I fix it to ensure I receive user messages?: My website's contact form is not functioning correctly, and I'm not receiving messages from users. How can I troubleshoot and fix this issue to ensure that it remains fully functional?This question addresses a common issue faced by website owners: the malfunctioning of a...
  7. Contacting a real person

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Contacting a real person: It's taking an act of God to chat/speak with a live person. Does anyone know how to do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/contacting-a-real-person/b15698c8-c1f5-459c-a285-00a2e902b0de
  8. Contacting a real person

Contacting a real person: It's taking an act of God to chat/speak with a live person. Does anyone know how to do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/contacting-a-real-person/b15698c8-c1f5-459c-a285-00a2e902b0de
  9. Phone Link use more than 1 contacts list?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Phone Link use more than 1 contacts list?: I would imagine pretty much everyone these days has 2 email addresses - one they use for work and another they use for personal stuff. On my phone Android this is not a big deal - I simply have both accounts added in my case, my personal is a regular gmail and my work is a...
  10. Phone Link use more than 1 contacts list?

Phone Link use more than 1 contacts list?: I would imagine pretty much everyone these days has 2 email addresses - one they use for work and another they use for personal stuff. On my phone Android this is not a big deal - I simply have both accounts added in my case, my personal is a regular gmail and my work is a...