Windows 10: "People" feature of Photos app

Discus and support "People" feature of Photos app in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; The "People" feature in the Photos app is only showing photos up to February 2018. How do I get that "People" feature to add photos taken after that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by June and JohnCrisp, Sep 1, 2019.

1. "People" feature of Photos app

The "People" feature in the Photos app is only showing photos up to February 2018. How do I get that "People" feature to add photos taken after that date?

:)

June and JohnCrisp, Sep 1, 2019
  2. robinpe Win User

Missing apps: Store, People, Photos, Games & Camera on upgrading to 10

Thanks for replying spunk. That's the 'alphabetical' list I was referring to, none of these apps are in that 'All apps' list. Any more suggestions?

robinpe, Sep 1, 2019
  3. PJLLB Win User
    Synching Photos in the People App Across Devices

I tried a forum search for this question but I couldn't find help.

I have an Outlook.com account that I use on two Windows 10 phones, a Windows 10 PC, and two Surface Pros. I use the People App with the same Outlook.com account on these devices. Although the complete list of contacts shows on each of the devices (and the lists appear complete), only some of the embedded photos show on the devices, except for one of the Windows 10 phones (which is where the photos were added). Some of the photos do show on the other devices. Strangely enough, when I use Edge to view People (Outlook – free personal email and calendar from Microsoft) all photos show in the contacts listed using the browser.

Does anyone have any advice on how to get all photos to show on the synched devices? I've tried about everything I could find searching.

PJLLB, Sep 1, 2019
  4. kormath Win User

"People" feature of Photos app

Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done "People" feature of Photos app :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Sep 1, 2019
Thema:

"People" feature of Photos app

1. "People" feature of Photos app - Similar Threads - feature Photos app

2. Windows photos NEW Group photos by people feature

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows photos NEW Group photos by people feature: Hello,Where can I turn on the group photos by people feature? The old photos app could do this. The NEW 2022 October version doesn't seem to have it.Nor do I find in on OneDrive online.I loved this feature, to see every pictutre of a person in my libraryWhat I mean, This was...
  3. Windows photos NEW Group photos by people feature

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows photos NEW Group photos by people feature: Hello,Where can I turn on the group photos by people feature? The old photos app could do this. The NEW 2022 October version doesn't seem to have it.Nor do I find in on OneDrive online.I loved this feature, to see every pictutre of a person in my libraryWhat I mean, This was...
  4. WIN 11 Photos App PEOPLE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WIN 11 Photos App PEOPLE: I've been using the PHOTOS App, specifically the PEOPLE segment to identify family member groups of digital photos, and just in case others have struggled with the following topic, I thought I would post my most recent observations:To date, I have not discovered a way of...
  5. WIN 11 Photos App PEOPLE

WIN 11 Photos App PEOPLE: I've been using the PHOTOS App, specifically the PEOPLE segment to identify family member groups of digital photos, and just in case others have struggled with the following topic, I thought I would post my most recent observations:To date, I have not discovered a way of...
  6. Photos app not recognizing people

Photos app not recognizing people: I've been trying the new photos people face recognition app and it seems quite inconsistent/ One time it works OK and now it doesn't work at all. I've had it running for several days and its not collected a single face. I've tried turning it on and off, uninstalling and...
  7. people recognition not working on photo app

people recognition not working on photo app: people recognition not working on photo app https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/people-recognition-not-working-on-photo-app/0fec91a3-4c62-4ffe-990d-cc072373ffe7
  8. People tagging in Photo Preview app

People tagging in Photo Preview app: I'm using the preview Photos app and there's an option to view by People. Photos has identified about a dozen people and collated some photos of them so all I have to do is identify them and then I can easily find them again. I've two questions: 1 - when I run the app on...
  9. Photo App people tagging

Photo App people tagging: I have installed a new hard drive with a clean install of Windows 10 Home, Version 1809. I was hoping the photo app would re-scan my photos and tag them, but it seems to have halted with less than twenty photos tagged. The app does show all photos in my Pictures folder....
  10. Photos app does not sync with People app.

Photos app does not sync with People app.: Ever since the most recent update (10-16-18), I am noticing that the Photo App, particularly the "People" function is all screwed up. I do NOT see images anymore above the names of each person. Plus, some of the people who I had previously Named are now showing up as "Add...