Windows 10: People having trouble accessing Facebook family of apps

Discus and support People having trouble accessing Facebook family of apps in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; We know some people are having trouble accessing the Facebook family of apps. We’re working to resolve the issue as soon as possible. Tweet —... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Nov 20, 2018.

1. Brink Win User

People having trouble accessing Facebook family of apps

We know some people are having trouble accessing the Facebook family of apps. We’re working to resolve the issue as soon as possible.

Tweet

— Twitter API (@user) View on Twiiter

:)

Brink, Nov 20, 2018
  2. Winuser Win User

Facebook app for Windows 10 keeps crashing

Glad to hear that uninstalling and reinstalling the app worked. I always access Facebook through my browser.

Winuser, Nov 25, 2018
  3. srino Win User
    Facebook App and the people app

Ananya,

I had experienced this same thing. I had to uninstall the Facebook app (the one developed by Facebook) because my Facebook app would crash on startup 95% of the time and my contacts also appears in duplicate or more. So I began using the mobile website.
    That site worked, but it lacked a lot of the functionality of the genuine app. My Lumia 650 has 1 GB of RAM and the app calls for 2. I attributed this to why I was having troubles. I recently tried downloading the Facebook app again, this time saving the app
    to my device instead of the SD card. Now, the app works, my contacts are as they should be (after filtering them showing Facebook contacts) and the contact pictures even appear in the People app on my home screen. All I did was:

• Uninstall the Facebook app.
    • Change where new apps are saved in ' Settings > System> Storage' so that new apps are saved to 'This Device.'
    • Download the app and connect Facebook with Windows in the Facebook settings. (Contact and Calendar Sync)
    • Go to Contacts and filter using Facebook. It may take a little time for Facebook to show up under your contacts, but once chosen, the apps should hopefully appear as intended. And also in your contacts app.
    This is exactly what I did and the Facebook app has not crashed once since. Good luck!

srino, Nov 25, 2018
  4. dscanlon Win User

Issue with People app

I'm running a clean install of Win 10, less than a week old, and I'm seeing some odd behaviour with the People app.

When I'm in Mail, I can see a contact's details by clicking on the "Open Contact" option from within the message. This opens the People app. So far so good.

However, this seems to be the only way I can access People. There's no obvious way to access it otherwise from mail, it's not listed in "All apps": also, when the People app is open, it has no icon in the taskbar - just an empty space where the icon should be (I can grab this anti-icon and move it around the taskbar).

Any suggestions welcome...

dscanlon, Nov 25, 2018
Thema:

1. People having trouble accessing Facebook family of apps - Similar Threads - having trouble accessing

2. Having trouble to top up in family account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Having trouble to top up in family account: Hi, I am seeing below error.Contact us at Microsoft support We’re having trouble processing your payment and we’d like to get it sorted out. Get more info Contact us at Microsoft support We’re having trouble processing your payment and we’d like to get it sorted out....
  3. Having trouble to top up in family account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Having trouble to top up in family account: Hi, I am seeing below error.Contact us at Microsoft support We’re having trouble processing your payment and we’d like to get it sorted out. Get more info Contact us at Microsoft support We’re having trouble processing your payment and we’d like to get it sorted out....
  4. Having Trouble on accessing the game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Having Trouble on accessing the game: Please help to fix this error. During my playing the power cuts off then when i try to login again to play this is what happens, it is prompt "Microsoft Visual C++ runtime library" "Runtime Error"Actions taken:* Reinstall Microsoft Visual C++* Reinstall the game...
  5. Having Trouble on accessing the game

Having Trouble on accessing the game: Please help to fix this error. During my playing the power cuts off then when i try to login again to play this is what happens, it is prompt "Microsoft Visual C++ runtime library" "Runtime Error"Actions taken:* Reinstall Microsoft Visual C++* Reinstall the game...
  6. Family Safety - having trouble adding a member

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family Safety - having trouble adding a member: When inviting my son to join my Family Safety group, he clicked the "accept now" button and this then signed him through to his own Microsoft account, where he could enter his password and accept. But when he tried to accept, it then just gave raise to a message which said:...
  7. Family Safety - having trouble adding a member

Family Safety - having trouble adding a member: When inviting my son to join my Family Safety group, he clicked the "accept now" button and this then signed him through to his own Microsoft account, where he could enter his password and accept. But when he tried to accept, it then just gave raise to a message which said:...
  8. Family Safety - having trouble adding a member

in User Accounts and Family Safety
  9. Having trouble with family sharing on Xbox for PC

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Having trouble with family sharing on Xbox for PC: I’m using family sharing with game pass, but I can’t access games with game pass on the account being shared to. Is this normal for PC, or is it fixable? Game Pass with family sharing works fine on Xbox One. submitted by /u/backroomsexplored [link] [comments]...
  10. Photo App People tagging for family growing up

Photo App People tagging for family growing up: I have more than 5000 photos of my family and want to create an album for each of my adult kids using Microsoft Photo App. It only tags faces on about 10% of the photos of them as adults, and none of them as kids growing up. I can't go through them one by one since this...