Windows 10: People in Windows 10

Discus and support People in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; How to import contacts from Outlook to the People? 12184 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by tomsim, Aug 2, 2015.

1. tomsim Win User

People in Windows 10

How to import contacts from Outlook to the People?

:)

tomsim, Aug 2, 2015

2. Windows 10 upgrade - data loss

I have the same problem. I had two users set up with Windows and after upgrading I have one user, which was the one that I did not use. Now I cannot figure a way to regain access to my other user account or to an admin account. I hope Microsoft posts
    a fix soon.

lost in windows 10, Aug 2, 2015
  3. Windows 10 Unexpected shutdown on start up

OK, so i figured it out myself

Found the logfile in "C:\Windows\Minidump".

You need the Windows Development Kit to open it and a bit of googling to understand it.

Found out that a Daemon driver caused an error. Removed Daemon but this didn't solve it. (ps: Daemon itself worked normally).

I let hibernate my computer again and found another error with sptd2.sys: SCSI Pass Through Direct layer

More google and ended up on the duplexsecure site. Downloaded the W10 version and voila: problem fixed.

For the Windows support team: It would be really helpfull if you could pass problems to a more skilled helpdesk who can do more than proposing the standard solutions in case those won't work.

Cheers

windows-10, Aug 2, 2015
  4. People in Windows 10

Hi
    To add an account in People
    Click the three little dots near the top left, and then select settings
    From Settings there is an option to add an account

paulsalter, Aug 2, 2015
  5. tomsim Win User
    OK, my Outlook account is added but only the first entry from my contacts is in People even when I click "all"

tomsim, Aug 2, 2015
  6. have a look in outlook.com and see if they are showing there

you might need to import them there first, then they will sync down to the people app

where did you previously have them stored?

paulsalter, Aug 2, 2015
  7. tomsim Win User
    I have Outlook 2013. My contacts are in Address Book

tomsim, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

People in Windows 10