Windows 10: People not showing in people app

Discus and support People not showing in people app in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi I have a contact that I cannot find and want to delete. When I type an email address, autofill puts the wrong email address. For example I want... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by PhillipMacdonald Admin, Apr 15, 2020.

1. People not showing in people app

Hi I have a contact that I cannot find and want to delete.

When I type an email address, autofill puts the wrong email address. For example

I want to send an email to abcdef@123, at some stage it autofills to abch@123.

The contact is not in the People App so I can't delete it through there.

How do I delete this email address from my computer completely?

It is a privacy concern I don't want someone to read my emails

:)

PhillipMacdonald Admin, Apr 15, 2020

2. People Bar is not showing up.

Hi,

The missing People Bar could have been disabled when you turn off your computer. To properly diagnose this issue, we would like to know more about the issue by asking the following questions below:

• What is the last action taken before you turn off the computer?
    • What build and version of Windows 10 do you have installed on your computer?
    • Have you attempted to perform any of the troubleshooting steps?

To enable people icon on your taskbar, we suggest that you follow the steps provided below:

• Click on the Start button on Windows 10 and choose Settings.
    • Next, open the Settings app and choose Personalization icon.
    • select Taskbar to open all taskbar settings.
    • Look for People section, turn on Show people on the taskbar to show the People bar from the taskbar.

We look forward to your response and for the results for us to assist you further.

Anthony Gal, Apr 15, 2020
  3. dscanlon Win User
    Issue with People app

I'm running a clean install of Win 10, less than a week old, and I'm seeing some odd behaviour with the People app.

When I'm in Mail, I can see a contact's details by clicking on the "Open Contact" option from within the message. This opens the People app. So far so good.

However, this seems to be the only way I can access People. There's no obvious way to access it otherwise from mail, it's not listed in "All apps": also, when the People app is open, it has no icon in the taskbar - just an empty space where the icon should be (I can grab this anti-icon and move it around the taskbar).

Any suggestions welcome...

dscanlon, Apr 15, 2020
  4. JDPrins41 Win User

People not showing in people app

Contacts not showing in People app on Windows 10 (PC and mobile) and Outlook app (iPad)

All my contacts from my Outlook.com account are not showing in the People app (mobile and PC) and not showing in the Outlook app on my iPad. Until 2 weeks ago they where in the People app (and iPad). I didn't change any settings. I still can see the contacts
    in Outlook 2016 and online in Outlook.com.

I also have an Office 365 account and all the contacts from that account are still visible in the People app.

I already tried these steps:

• I removed my Outlook.com account from my phone and PC and reinstalled it.
    • I checked the filter in the People app (Settings > Filter contact list).
    • Looked at Outlook.com but can't find any settings that are wrong
    I think the problem is in Outlook.com because I can't see the contacts on any device.

Any suggestions.

JDPrins41, Apr 15, 2020
Thema:

People not showing in people app

1. People not showing in people app - Similar Threads - showing app

2. After clean installed windows 10 on Alien 13 R2, there are 23 languages showing in APP &...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After clean installed windows 10 on Alien 13 R2, there are 23 languages showing in APP &...: After clean installed windows 10 and updated on Alien 13 R2, there are many languages showing in APP & Features, I'm wondering how to delete them, they are preinstalled, showing the version 19038.0.1.0. It's just very annoying to see so many useless things there. Thanks!...
  3. The people app in win 10 does not work and shows not installed.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    The people app in win 10 does not work and shows not installed.: How do I reinstall it?Thanks, Rudy https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-people-app-in-win-10-does-not-work-and-shows/efdda341-8f08-4179-9913-1354a87ee807
  4. Microsoft Store apps' icons don't show up on Search

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Store apps' icons don't show up on Search: I am currently facing an issue with windows 10 version 21H1 due to which apps installed via Microsoft Store have their icons replaced by a generic image instead of their unique icons. Apps which I have installed from websites are completely fine. I have tried:Manually...
  5. Windows Mail App not showing background images

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Mail App not showing background images: I am using the Windows Mail app to manage my Gmail emails. Generally it works fine but I've noticed that it sometimes doesn't show some text. Here is the email in the Windows Mail app:And here it is in Gmail and other email appsSo I've worked out that it doesn't show the...
  6. High Memory Usage, but in Task Manager it Doesn't Show the Memory Hogging Apps

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    High Memory Usage, but in Task Manager it Doesn't Show the Memory Hogging Apps: Environment: Windows 10 20H2 64bit Intel Core i5-8250U Nvidia MX150 8 GB RAMIf I use my laptop for memory intesive apps like minecraft for example, it will suffer. But if i use my laptop for normal things it will perform the sameHere is the process tab on task manager I also...
  7. How do I get the monitor to show above all apps and even when I press Win+D?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    How do I get the monitor to show above all apps and even when I press Win+D?: It always goes when I press on other apps or Win+D. Is there another app? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-the-monitor-to-show-above-all-apps/a095d849-0922-4925-97d0-a9c4bfbdba6f
  8. My search box seems to not be working, i can type anything and it doesnt show the apps, i...

in Windows 10 Customization
    My search box seems to not be working, i can type anything and it doesnt show the apps, i...: i can type anything and it doesnt show the apps, i even tried the powershell method but it didnt pls help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-search-box-seems-to-not-be-working-i-can-type/e9f20201-9d38-43ae-ab90-601d9adcde4b
  9. App not opening, gets converted to blank .exe file. Shows 'Open this file with another...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    App not opening, gets converted to blank .exe file. Shows 'Open this file with another...: Hello,I am having problems whit my Windows 10. Whenever I am opening any application such as Microsoft Teams or Edge, It always shows How do you want to open this file?, and under that it shows Edge or Microsoft Teams, so I am not getting that why this error is occurring.And...
  10. The "Your Phone" app on Windows shows SMS messages which are in the “Spam & blocked” folder...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The "Your Phone" app on Windows shows SMS messages which are in the “Spam & blocked” folder...: Hi,The Google Messages app on Android phones automatically detects junk SMS messages and moves them to a “Spam & blocked” folder. The "Your Phone" app on Windows shows a list of all Messages regardless of the folder the message is in. There doesn't seem to be any options to...