Windows 10: People not syncing with outlook.com

Discus and support People not syncing with outlook.com in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; I wanted to use the people and calendar apps and I'm finding some issues. I've imported and cleaned up all my contacts into outlook.com (actually... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by Rogue0888, Jul 30, 2015.

1. Rogue0888 Win User

People not syncing with outlook.com

I wanted to use the people and calendar apps and I'm finding some issues. I've imported and cleaned up all my contacts into outlook.com (actually live.com, had it awhile) So when I add my gmail calendar I have an option to sync contacts which I see populate the people app and de-populate once I remove. But that option doesn't show for the MS account.

How do I sync the people app on the desktop with outlook.com? Apparently outlook.com also doesn't do the pictures, I guess that comes from desktop only.

any help appreciated.

{update} obviously I'm on windows 10 as of yesterday. I also made changes on my phone which aren't sync at all.

:)

Rogue0888, Jul 30, 2015
  2. GLN(2) Win User

People app not syncing with Outlook.com account contacts

On both my laptop and tablet, my contacts in my Outlook.com are not synced within the People app. How can I fix the People app to sync with my Outlook.com account? Outlook 2016 does sync with my Outlook.com account on my tablet.

GLN(2), Jul 30, 2015
  3. DominicP Win User
    Sync people with outlook contacts

The People app syncs with an Outlook.com account and you can sync Outlook 2010 calendar and contacts with an Outlook.com account.

The master account is the Outlook.com account.

You need to set up an account in Outlook.com - if you do not already have one - then set Outlook 2010 to sync with that account and the People app to link with that account.

See
    Add Outlook.com to Office Outlook

DominicP, Jul 30, 2015
  4. Rogue0888 Win User

So wiping out all links to google account on win 10 and iphone. Then importing into outlook.com almost made this work. My contacts in outlook.com sync down to the win10 people app and iphone (again remember to turn off and back on contacts). Now if I make a change in either people or the iphone it is sync'd across the two. (pictures for example) But that change is not reflected at outlook.com.

Changes to names sync back to outlook.com. Just not the avatar photo for some reason.

This pointed me in the right dir.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/o...a-438f84c2d310

Rogue0888, Jul 30, 2015
Thema:

1. People not syncing with outlook.com - Similar Threads - syncing outlook com

2. People App Syncing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    People App Syncing: I have two computers both running Windows 10 version 1909 with MS Accounts. Computer 1 has a fully populated People App and Computer 2 has a not so fully populated People App. When I make changes, add to or delete an entry to Computer 1 those changes never get transferred to...
  3. Exporting People to Outlook

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Exporting People to Outlook: how do I export Windows 10 Contacts the People app.. to Outlook. Thanks, Lou https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/exporting-people-to-outlook/4793faee-4b3e-4db4-bd39-2b5e79a68c49
  4. Transferring People to Outlook in Win10

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Transferring People to Outlook in Win10: I just installed Office 365 on my Surface Pro 6. I need to transfer all my contacts in People to Outlook. Following the posted tutorial, I opened Outlook.com. It only shows one contact. How do I create a CSV file for my entire contact list of over 200 contacts? Using Win10 v....
  5. Outlook mail people app

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Outlook mail people app: I have a Problem with the people app , my contacts are in outlook .com. But are not the same as the people app in windows 10 mail, won't sync ? using mail windows 10 the people app has contacts I did not enter, or reply to and I am not able to delete them ? these strange...
  6. Syncing People App

Syncing People App: I have used the MS People app on my Desktop and Laptop since early days and I don't remember how I populated them. Over the years, they have different entries and it has never bothered me but now it does. How to I keep them in sync? The machines are on a wireless network...
  7. People App does not sync

People App does not sync: whenever I open the People App, I get all the people but also get a message at the top of the screen that says, "Sync failed on one account." I then click on that message and choose Fix account. I get a message that says, "your account was updated successfully." Yet, when I...
  8. Syncing People App

Syncing People App: I have the People App set up on both my Desktop and Laptop. The desktop app is up to date. Sadly, the laptop app is months if nor a year behind. Is there a way to bring the laptop up to the desktop without examining each entry and modifying it or adding any new entries?...
  9. Outlook People Not in Contacts Folder

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook People Not in Contacts Folder: I exported Windows Live Contacts from Windows 7 computer and imported them into Outlook 2016 on Windows 10. The contacts appear in Outlook People and in Address Book. The Contacts folder in C: >Users>Username>Contacts is empty. I am the only user. Should the contacts...
  10. people app syncing

people app syncing: I synced the mail app with my google account but only 6 of 100s of contacts populated in the people app? Any ideas? 41960