Windows 10: people recognition not working on photo app

Discus and support people recognition not working on photo app in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; people recognition not working on photo app... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by gaodell, Jun 18, 2020.

1. gaodell Win User

people recognition not working on photo app

:)

gaodell, Jun 18, 2020
  2. Ank59 Win User

Windows 10 Photos app face recognition problems

It seems your suggestion works. Photos is still indexing but has already detected much more persons as well as more photos for the various persons. Thank you so much.

Ank59, Jun 18, 2020
  3. Ank59 Win User
    Windows 10 Photos app face recognition problems

Many thanks for your suggestion! Will try sometime soon when I have more time and let you know if it works.

Ank59, Jun 18, 2020
  4. people recognition not working on photo app

Photos App - "People" facial recognition not complete

Love the Facial Recognition capabilities in the PHOTOS app. However, many, many photos of people are just not being included at all in either the correct People category or even in an "ADD" category. I had been a long time user of the Windows Live Photo
    Gallery app and its Facial Recognition worked much better and was certainly complete in that it ALWAYS identified a face to recognize and categorize. So, what the heck is going on here??? Can someone please explain what, if any, are the limitations within
    the new Photos/People functionality????? Is it perhaps because I have more than a certain number of photos? Is it because the app just sucks?? Please help.

scottfactor, Jun 18, 2020
Thema:

1. people recognition not working on photo app - Similar Threads - recognition working photo

2. Photos app not recognizing people

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photos app not recognizing people: I've been trying the new photos people face recognition app and it seems quite inconsistent/ One time it works OK and now it doesn't work at all. I've had it running for several days and its not collected a single face. I've tried turning it on and off, uninstalling and...
  3. Photos app facial recognition

Photos app facial recognition: Hi, when I activate facial grouping in the photos app on windows 10, does it do it locally or does it upload the photos to the cloud? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photos-app-facial-recognition/ef1bf8f7-7fe6-452e-8c37-650a9420c1c7
  4. "People" feature of Photos app

"People" feature of Photos app: The "People" feature in the Photos app is only showing photos up to February 2018. How do I get that "People" feature to add photos taken after that date? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/people-feature-of-photos-app/f96cef5d-d822-42b0-ba76-3b303590c500
  5. People recognition Microsoft Photos Apps Windows 10

People recognition Microsoft Photos Apps Windows 10: i have completed a clean install of Windows 10 version 1903 Home on my Dell laptop and have Microsoft Photos 2019.19051.16210.0 installed but it only recognized a few people on initial scan and will not add new people after adding new photos to the computer. Is this a bug?...
  6. Facial Recognition in Photos App

Facial Recognition in Photos App: In the Photos App within Microsoft 365 subscription, why do I have to Accept the facial recognition? I chose decline but it will not allow me to get to my photos. All I want is to get to my photos and right now the system won't allow it....
  7. Windows Photos People Recognition stopped working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Photos People Recognition stopped working: This app worked perfectly well up to some unknown moment. Now it cannot detect people and images. I use Photos version: 2019.19031.17710.0 and Windows 10, version 1809...
  8. Face recognition not working properly in the windows photos app.

Face recognition not working properly in the windows photos app.: The windows photos app has sorted some of my photos using face recognition but most of them are still unsorted. This feature is very useful and I want it to sort all of my photos this way. Every answer is appreciated....
  9. Windows Photos People Recognition "Stuck"

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows Photos People Recognition "Stuck": I' ve been trying to self-solve this issue for a little while now. Photos is detecting faces/people in my images and then stops doing so. Through repeated repairs and deletions (app/databases/files) I have determined that the detection stop at a specific date (they only go...
  10. Photo App people tagging

Photo App people tagging: I have installed a new hard drive with a clean install of Windows 10 Home, Version 1809. I was hoping the photo app would re-scan my photos and tag them, but it seems to have halted with less than twenty photos tagged. The app does show all photos in my Pictures folder....