Windows 10: PEOPLE setting for photos

Discus and support PEOPLE setting for photos in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have lost access to my photos until I accept the new facial recognition settings. I do NOT WANT microsoft controlling everything on my desktop.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by PatPillsbury, Jul 5, 2019.

1. PEOPLE setting for photos

I have lost access to my photos until I accept the new facial recognition settings.

I do NOT WANT microsoft controlling everything on my desktop.

The popup offers 'decline' but when I click it, the popup comes back up with 'are you sure?' constantly, giving me no access to my photos.

How do I decline and get control of my own computer?

:)

PatPillsbury, Jul 5, 2019
  2. robinpe Win User

Missing apps: Store, People, Photos, Games & Camera on upgrading to 10

Thanks for replying spunk. That's the 'alphabetical' list I was referring to, none of these apps are in that 'All apps' list. Any more suggestions?

robinpe, Jul 5, 2019
  3. kormath Win User
    Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done PEOPLE setting for photos :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Jul 5, 2019
  4. PJLLB Win User

PEOPLE setting for photos

Synching Photos in the People App Across Devices

I tried a forum search for this question but I couldn't find help.

I have an Outlook.com account that I use on two Windows 10 phones, a Windows 10 PC, and two Surface Pros. I use the People App with the same Outlook.com account on these devices. Although the complete list of contacts shows on each of the devices (and the lists appear complete), only some of the embedded photos show on the devices, except for one of the Windows 10 phones (which is where the photos were added). Some of the photos do show on the other devices. Strangely enough, when I use Edge to view People (https://outlook.live.com/people/) all photos show in the contacts listed using the browser.

Does anyone have any advice on how to get all photos to show on the synched devices? I've tried about everything I could find searching.

PJLLB, Jul 5, 2019
Thema:

PEOPLE setting for photos

1. PEOPLE setting for photos - Similar Threads - setting photos

2. ONE DRIVE Remove one members set of group photos on onedrive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ONE DRIVE Remove one members set of group photos on onedrive.: Hi, For some reason my photos that I take for work medical have been uploaded into my family one drive account. I need to remove all of these photos for patient privacy reasons. How can I remove all of these photos at once but leave all of the other family photos in one...
  3. ONE DRIVE Remove one members set of group photos on onedrive.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ONE DRIVE Remove one members set of group photos on onedrive.: Hi, For some reason my photos that I take for work medical have been uploaded into my family one drive account. I need to remove all of these photos for patient privacy reasons. How can I remove all of these photos at once but leave all of the other family photos in one...
  4. How can I display Paper size setting item from my driver in Windows Photo?

How can I display Paper size setting item from my driver in Windows Photo?: When open JPG file in Windows Photo, I found since I shift the printer to the my customed printer, the paper size option disappears. The driver is developed by my team, and those paper size list A4, A5, Letter... is no problem , correcly displayed on any other Apps like MS...
  5. Icon of photos,microsoft store,settings etc not showing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Icon of photos,microsoft store,settings etc not showing: Hey there so recently for 5 days my dad is facing this issue on his windows account that the icons like you search up photos in windows search you can see the icon of photos or like you search up settings you see the settings icon but for some reason on my dads account we...
  6. Icon of photos,microsoft store,settings etc not showing

Icon of photos,microsoft store,settings etc not showing: Hey there so recently for 5 days my dad is facing this issue on his windows account that the icons like you search up photos in windows search you can see the icon of photos or like you search up settings you see the settings icon but for some reason on my dads account we...
  7. Icon of photos,microsoft store,settings etc not showing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. cant open photos app or settings or movie player. they start to load and then switch off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cant open photos app or settings or movie player. they start to load and then switch off: cant open photos app or settings or movie player. they start to load and then switch off https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-open-photos-app-or-settings-or-movie-player/79e170e5-2732-4323-afea-53dfb9af7b78
  9. cant open photos app or settings or movie player. they start to load and then switch off

cant open photos app or settings or movie player. they start to load and then switch off: cant open photos app or settings or movie player. they start to load and then switch off https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-open-photos-app-or-settings-or-movie-player/79e170e5-2732-4323-afea-53dfb9af7b78
  10. How to set windows photo app on my new computer

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to set windows photo app on my new computer: My photos are showing up in media player and I cant get the photo viewer to be set as default. I want to view my photos as in previous windows versions or with the photo app but can't find it on the list and cant download it from the app store.Help!...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. what is this new people setting to see my photos

2. people setting photos

3. photos people setting

4. If you decline to accept people setting in photos on windows can you still access your photos,
  5. what is this new people setting in photoes