Windows 10: People/Social App icon did not showing and app name is "ms-resource:AppListName" in Start Menu

Discus and support People/Social App icon did not showing and app name is "ms-resource:AppListName" in Start Menu in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Why my app name in start menu is "ms-resource:AppListName" in start menu? i have been trying to restart app from settings, but did not work. [ATTACH]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MuhammadHasan Firdaus, Feb 21, 2021.

1. People/Social App icon did not showing and app name is "ms-resource:AppListName" in Start Menu

Why my app name in start menu is "ms-resource:AppListName" in start menu? i have been trying to restart app from settings, but did not work.

People/Social App icon did not showing and app name is "ms-resource:AppListName" in Start Menu 3881e58d-da54-4bbb-8dff-62df3aaf1713?upload=true.png

:)

MuhammadHasan Firdaus, Feb 21, 2021
  2. hachiroku Win User

MS People app appearing as ms-resource:AppListName in Start Menu

People/Social App icon did not showing and app name is "ms-resource:AppListName" in Start Menu [​IMG]

People/Social App icon did not showing and app name is "ms-resource:AppListName" in Start Menu [​IMG]

Been having this for a while I think, I don't use the people app (nor do I use the Start menu that much else, to be honest, I use a keystroke launcher) just an OCD thing to fix really, if its possible. I've already tried updating all apps from the MS Store.

winver is 19042.789 Enterprise x64

hachiroku, Feb 21, 2021
  3. John DeV Win User
    My people app changed its name to ms resource - applistname Plz help .

Hello TManmadha,

I'm John an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user like you. I'll be happy to assist you today. I understand you have a problem with People app changed its name to ms resource - applistname. When was the last time it was working properly? What is your current
    windows version and edition? Press Start then search Settings, select System then About.

Kindly try the methods below if it helps.

*Run the troubleshooter:

Select the Start button, and then select Settings > Update & Security > Troubleshoot, and then from the list select Windows Store apps > Run the troubleshooter.

**Reset the Microsoft Store cache

Press the Windows Logo Key + R to open the Run dialog box, type wsreset.exe, and then select OK.

Note:

A blank Command Prompt window will open, and after about ten seconds the window will close and Microsoft Store will open automatically.

**Reinstall People app via PowerShell.

Press Windows key+X then select Powershell(Admin)

Copy and paste the command below to uninstall

get-appxpackage *microsoft.people* | remove-appxpackage

After that, Proceed to reinstall People app

copy paste the following then hit Enter:

Get-AppXPackage *microsoft.people* -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Restart your PC

Sincerely

Independent Advisor

John DeV, Feb 21, 2021
  4. hachiroku Win User

People/Social App icon did not showing and app name is "ms-resource:AppListName" in Start Menu

MS People app appearing as ms-resource:AppListName in Start Menu

Thanks! but that guide assumes another app. MS People app is still offered in the Store. The solution doesn't work in my particular case.

- - - Updated - - -

Okay I did some digging around... apparently the Microsoft People app is gone and now you can access it from the Calendar app.

What I did was, remove the package with Powershell, which removed ms-resource:AppListName from the Start Menu.

I then tried to reinstall the Microsoft People app, both from Powershell and the Store, which was successful in both cases but didn't create any Microsoft People shortcut in the Start Menu (nor did it re-create the ms-resource:AppListName shortcut).

Also tried re-registering all app entries with Powershell but it also didn't create any shortcut to the MS People app. So I guess it's gone, at least on 19042.789.

Dunno if anyone can confirm this.

hachiroku, Feb 21, 2021
Thema:

People/Social App icon did not showing and app name is "ms-resource:AppListName" in Start Menu

1. People/Social App icon did not showing and app name is "ms-resource:AppListName" in Start Menu - Similar Threads - Social App icon

2. People app icon not showing in Start menu but shows in Taskbar. Any fix?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    People app icon not showing in Start menu but shows in Taskbar. Any fix?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/OkAstronomer123 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/x0t6aq/people_app_icon_not_showing_in_start_menu_but/
  3. Why ms-resource: AppListName is showing on my Start menu?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why ms-resource: AppListName is showing on my Start menu?: I just got my new laptop with windows 10 set up 2 days ago..... and this issue appeared.... is this normal anyway? and how can I fix it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-ms-resource-applistname-is-showing-on-my-start/548e87f6-07a5-457d-9cb9-daf7ffbfe3c2
  4. people icon not showing up in the start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    people icon not showing up in the start menu: The people icon is not showing up in the start menu. The people app is installed but the icon is not showing up in the start menu. How to get it to appear in the start menu?[ATTACH]...
  5. People App not showing in the start menu though it is installed

People App not showing in the start menu though it is installed: I deleted the people app using the poweshell. After reinstalling it from Windows Store the app is not showing in the start menu. How to bring this app in the start menu app list?...
  6. MS People app appearing as ms-resource:AppListName in Start Menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MS People app appearing as ms-resource:AppListName in Start Menu: [img] [img] Been having this for a while I think, I don't use the people app (nor do I use the Start menu that much else, to be honest, I use a keystroke launcher) just an OCD thing to fix really, if its possible. I've already tried updating all apps from the MS Store....
  7. My people app changed its name to ms resource - applistname Plz help .

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My people app changed its name to ms resource - applistname Plz help .: I do the methods: First i unistall it, by using iobit uninstaller then, I install again by using ms store now the app is not available in start menu plz help...
  8. Start Menu icons showing the file path instead of the app name

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Start Menu icons showing the file path instead of the app name: I just recently enabled virtualization on my Windows 10 so I could use BlueStacks, and ever since then none of my Microsoft apps work. For example, whenever I try to run Word Document, Microsoft Office starts running, and it says “Updating Office, please wait a moment.”...
  9. Random app named "ms-resource:appDisplayName" showing up on start menu

Random app named "ms-resource:appDisplayName" showing up on start menu: So I had a couple of updates that were installed this weekend and I noticed this random "other" section in my start menu all the way at the bottom. It only has one "app" in the list and it's named "ms-resource:appDisplayName" I tried to pull it up in the app store by...
  10. Icons for many apps not showing in Start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Icons for many apps not showing in Start menu: As per the image below - why are many of my apps not showing their icons? There's not options to change them and I've tried pinning the original .exe and shortcuts to the app but there is no difference. Any clues? [img] 10775