Windows 10: people tagging stalls

Discus and support people tagging stalls in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; The Photo app has stalled in recognizing people in my photos. Just re-installed Windows. So the Photo app is re-initializing, and as it did before, has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by david-e, Jun 30, 2019.

1. david-e Win User

people tagging stalls

The Photo app has stalled in recognizing people in my photos. Just re-installed Windows. So the Photo app is re-initializing, and as it did before, has tagged about 10 people in my photos. The number of photos tagged is about 50 of the several hundred on file.

I have seen this problem flagged in other posts, but have not seen any solution.

:)

david-e, Jun 30, 2019
  2. Naresh_K Win User

People tagging in Photo Preview app

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please note that tagging in Photos app is based on Artificial intelligence (AI) which means once you tag a person it should search for similar faces and tag them in all the Pictures and also create a contact in people’s app. Just make sure that
    you are signed in with your Microsoft account using which you tagged the people earlier. AI should take some time, however the tags should appear if it was signed to your Microsoft account.

So to have a better understanding of the issue, please write back with the following information:

1. Are you signed in using the same Microsoft account on both the devices?
      2. Which version of Windows is installed on your device?
      3. Which version of photos app is installed on your device?

Regards,

Naresh_K, Jun 30, 2019
  3. Clear the 'cache' in file explorer for already used picture tags?

If you set some tags for your *.jpg pictures, the windows 10 file explorer shows them in the "details pane" on the right side.

people tagging stalls [​IMG]

This list can get very long and with some wrong or no longer used entries.
    How can I clear this list / cache / suggestions?

Or how can I stop the file explorer to suggests already used Tags?

WTenNewbie, Jun 30, 2019
  4. david-e Win User

people tagging stalls

Photo App people tagging

Thanks for the suggestion.

My pictures are all on OneDrive which I have also set to always keep on my PC.

I did as you suggested. Deleted the folder, and then re-added it.

The pictures show, but now there are no people tagged. Perhaps it just needs some time. I'll wait for a bit.

david-e, Jun 30, 2019
Thema:

people tagging stalls

1. people tagging stalls - Similar Threads - tagging stalls

2. Microsoft account that tagged as both family administrator and member was already closed...

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft account that tagged as both family administrator and member was already closed...: I was prompted to create a Microsoft account on my laptop but I selected random numbers as my birthday so the system tagged me as a family member. The same email address was also registered as the administrator. I have since closed said account but on my device, I still can't...
  3. Microsoft account that tagged as both family administrator and member was already closed...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft account that tagged as both family administrator and member was already closed...: I was prompted to create a Microsoft account on my laptop but I selected random numbers as my birthday so the system tagged me as a family member. The same email address was also registered as the administrator. I have since closed said account but on my device, I still can't...
  4. Microsoft account that tagged as both family administrator and member was already closed...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Hallo ich habe jetzt mehr mals am Tag ein Stillstand von Windows 10 DPC Watchdog Violation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hallo ich habe jetzt mehr mals am Tag ein Stillstand von Windows 10 DPC Watchdog Violation: Hallo ,ich habe jetzt mehr mals am Tag ein Stillstand von Windows 10 DPC Watchdog Violation https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hallo-ich-habe-jetzt-mehr-mals-am-tag-ein/00dcf218-e977-4232-bfdc-ced6d16e00e6
  6. Hallo ich habe jetzt mehr mals am Tag ein Stillstand von Windows 10 DPC Watchdog Violation

Hallo ich habe jetzt mehr mals am Tag ein Stillstand von Windows 10 DPC Watchdog Violation: Hallo ,ich habe jetzt mehr mals am Tag ein Stillstand von Windows 10 DPC Watchdog Violation https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hallo-ich-habe-jetzt-mehr-mals-am-tag-ein/00dcf218-e977-4232-bfdc-ced6d16e00e6
  7. Hallo ich habe jetzt mehr mals am Tag ein Stillstand von Windows 10 DPC Watchdog Violation

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. How can I add HEIC metadata tags, subject, etc. to my HEIC photos in Windows? I used these...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I add HEIC metadata tags, subject, etc. to my HEIC photos in Windows? I used these...: I use tags, comments, subject, author, and ratings to organize by photos 20K, most of which are from my iPhone. With the HEIC file type which I would prefer to use I cannot add "tags", "subject", or "author" ... so, my whole organization scheme fails. I cannot find any way to...
  9. How can I add HEIC metadata tags, subject, etc. to my HEIC photos in Windows? I used these...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I add HEIC metadata tags, subject, etc. to my HEIC photos in Windows? I used these...: I use tags, comments, subject, author, and ratings to organize by photos 20K, most of which are from my iPhone. With the HEIC file type which I would prefer to use I cannot add "tags", "subject", or "author" ... so, my whole organization scheme fails. I cannot find any way to...
  10. How can I add HEIC metadata tags, subject, etc. to my HEIC photos in Windows? I used these...