Windows 10: People tags in Microsoft Photo app from Store

Discus and support People tags in Microsoft Photo app from Store in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; If I tag people in the Microsoft Photo app from Store. the tags are computer specific. They don't get written into the files EXIF data. So if you use... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by joeschti, Nov 16, 2018.

1. joeschti Win User

People tags in Microsoft Photo app from Store

If I tag people in the Microsoft Photo app from Store. the tags are computer specific.

They don't get written into the files EXIF data. So if you use that same photo on other devices (or just put it on onedrive and use it on mutliple pc's), all the tags are lost.

How can we write the People Tags inside the files?

regards, mat

:)

joeschti, Nov 16, 2018
  2. robinpe Win User

Missing apps: Store, People, Photos, Games & Camera on upgrading to 10

Thanks for replying spunk. That's the 'alphabetical' list I was referring to, none of these apps are in that 'All apps' list. Any more suggestions?

robinpe, Nov 16, 2018
  3. Tagging People in Windows 10 Photos app

Is it possible to tag people in photos using Microsoft Photos on Windows 10 platform? (I know you can tag generic info to the photo, but can you tag specific people?)

AND, if not, is there an app that will do this?

I loved the old MS Photo Gallery and am sad that Photos does not appear to work the same way.

MarieEchols, Nov 16, 2018
  4. People tags in Microsoft Photo app from Store

tag people in photos app

There is no direct way to do it in Photos, but you could open the photo in its original location on the hard disk, right click, choose Properties > Details tab then add tags there.

What you see face tagging Photos is auto generated. You should submit suggestions to make it possible to so manually. Press Windows key + F to open the Feedback app.

Andre Da Costa, Nov 16, 2018
Thema:

People tags in Microsoft Photo app from Store

1. People tags in Microsoft Photo app from Store - Similar Threads - tags Microsoft Photo

2. Export People tags from Windows 10 Photos app

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Export People tags from Windows 10 Photos app: I put a few hours of work into this, hopefully its helpful to others. I wanted to be able to create a query against the Photos database to output the People it identified through face recognition and the names I assigned to those recognition groups. I could then use this as...
  3. Tagging people with the photos app for windows 10.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Tagging people with the photos app for windows 10.: Is there any way to get help with people tagging in Photos. Many suggestions to click on the top right on a photo and then on the face you want to tag. NOTHING HAPPENS. I think I have everything turned on. I have a couple hundred people shown on my people tab. Most...
  4. Tagging people option in Photo App

Tagging people option in Photo App: I just purchased a new computer and just started to tag people from the over 270,000+ photos I have. Since I take a lot of photos there are certainly people I am not worried about tagging. Is there a way to ignore them so the app does not keep showing me these people? You...
  5. Tagging people in photos

Tagging people in photos: I note most of the comments around this topic do not give a resolution - they are around 12 months old - has Windows not yet addressed this? Still can't tag people faces by name and search for just pictures with them in it?...
  6. People tagging in Photo Preview app

People tagging in Photo Preview app: I'm using the preview Photos app and there's an option to view by People. Photos has identified about a dozen people and collated some photos of them so all I have to do is identify them and then I can easily find them again. I've two questions: 1 - when I run the app on...
  7. MS Photos, People Tags

MS Photos, People Tags: I have been using the MS Photos app for a long time and I had not seen this issue.......but now after a clean install because of a computer crash the "People" Tab did not show the "Start Tagging" button when I first opened it and I only show a few people that have been...
  8. MS Photos, People Tags

in Windows 10 Support
    MS Photos, People Tags: I have been using the MS Photos app for a long time and I had not seen this issue.......but now after a clean install because of a computer crash the "People" Tab did not show the "Start Tagging" button when I first opened it and I only show a few people that have been...
  9. Photo App people tagging

Photo App people tagging: I have installed a new hard drive with a clean install of Windows 10 Home, Version 1809. I was hoping the photo app would re-scan my photos and tag them, but it seems to have halted with less than twenty photos tagged. The app does show all photos in my Pictures folder....
  10. Tagging people in photos

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Tagging people in photos: I am running Windows 10 and want to tag all the people in my photos from an external hard drive. A few mug shots have shown up and I have renamed them as appropriate, however this is only a few of the hundreds of faces I have in the photos. I have linked the folders but...