Windows 10: Per game installation drive

Discus and support Per game installation drive in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi. Is it possible to install some games on a drive and others on a second SSD? My son has an Asus laptop with 512GB SSD and planning to add... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by jomava, Mar 6, 2021.

1. jomava Win User

Per game installation drive

Hi.

Is it possible to install some games on a drive and others on a second SSD?

My son has an Asus laptop with 512GB SSD and planning to add another 512GB SSD

I know replacing the original one with a 1TB would be easier, but costs are higher.

Thanks.

:)

jomava, Mar 6, 2021

2. installing a game

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.
    We regret the inconvenience caused to you.

Please try the steps given below and check if the issue persists:

Step 1:

I suggest you to right click on the game and try to run as administrator and check.

Step 2: if that doesn't help I suggest you to install game in compatibility mode and check:

Follow the steps below on how to install game in compatibility mode:

1. Download the game from the manufacturer’s website and save it on your local disk.

2. Right click on the setup file of the game and select “Properties”.

3. Select “Compatibility” Tab.

4. Place a check mark next to “Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.

5. Let the game install and then check the functionality.

Hope this helps.

Thank you.

Venkatesh1709, Mar 6, 2021
  3. little cat, Mar 6, 2021
  4. Per game installation drive

Installing to a second Drive. D: or external (Non Boot up Drives)

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern as you are looking for an option to move the game location from the C drive to the Drive D, which is an external drive.

In this scenario, we would suggest you to perform these steps and check if that resolves your issue on both laptop and Desktop.

1. As usual install the game on the PC’s in
      C Drive.
    2. Insert the external
      D drive
      to the PC.
    3. Press Windows + I key from the keyboard to launch
      Settings.
    4. Select Apps and click on
      Apps & features
      from the left pane.
    5. Search for the installed game from the list on the right pane.
    6. Single click on the game and select
      Move.
    7. Select the D drive under
      Choose a drive
      where you want to move the game.
    8. Restart the PC with the external drive connected and then launch the game.

We await your response.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Mar 6, 2021
Thema:

Per game installation drive

1. Per game installation drive - Similar Threads - Per game installation

2. EPIC games installer invalid drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    EPIC games installer invalid drive?: I’ve been trying to download my EpicGames Launcher onto my PC, but I keep getting the “invalid drive D:\” pop up. It won’t let me uninstall the app, I’ve considered maybe it was due to being on an external hard five so I plugged that in, and to no avail, it showed the same...
  3. Can't install game on extended drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't install game on extended drive?: I am trying to download Fallout 76 on my extended storage Seagate device. It will not appear on my available storage devices. I have already tried changing it to my default download location. I read on similar question forum that the problem is that the drive has a...
  4. Can't install game on extended drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't install game on extended drive?: I am trying to download Fallout 76 on my extended storage Seagate device. It will not appear on my available storage devices. I have already tried changing it to my default download location. I read on similar question forum that the problem is that the drive has a...
  5. Per-drive default apps by file type?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Per-drive default apps by file type?: Is there a way I can set for example, mp4 to open with VLC on my main drive and open with Movies and TV when opening a video from my hard drive? submitted by /u/Spxders [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/urs735/perdrive_default_apps_by_file_type/
  6. Unable to install game to D drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to install game to D drive: I just bought Forza 5 and do not have enough space on my C drive for the game. This is a family PC and there are several other accounts on it. I've already set my default to the D drive but when I try to install it it says there is not enough space and does not give me an...
  7. maximum gaming time per day

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    maximum gaming time per day: I wish to limit the maximun gaming time on each PC in my family, during a 24 hrs. time period, for instance a max. of 25 minutes a day and no more, no matter whether in the morning or during the evenings hours. Any suggestion? PC operating system: windows 10....
  8. Installing a specific game to a specific drive

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Installing a specific game to a specific drive: Short version: MS Store installs to and launches from C: HDD, I want it to do all that from my E: SSD. Longer version: I recently bought The Outer Worlds on the MS Store. It automatically downloaded to my C: HDD, but I wanted it on my E: SSD. After attempting to move the...
  9. Permanent Drive Letter Per Individual Drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Permanent Drive Letter Per Individual Drive: I have a 'number' of USB/flash/stick/thumb drives, and a 'number' of External Hard Drives (EHD) connected via USB ports which I use with my Dell XPS 8700 desktop. Is it possible to lock (not changeable) a particular drive letter with each specific drive? For example, I have...
  10. installing PC games on different drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    installing PC games on different drive: I have Windows 7 pro installed and then upgraded to windows 10 with latest updates etc for it. it is installed on C drive like normal. i have another hard drive G that i use to install bunch of PC games ranging from new to old. I noticed that when some of the pc games want to...