Windows 10: Per-monitor sleep settings

Discus and support Per-monitor sleep settings in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I use an HDMI connection for both a screen and audio, so when the screen goes to sleep I lose sound. Is there a way to configure a particular... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Dans6, Mar 22, 2019.

1. Dans6 Win User

Per-monitor sleep settings

I use an HDMI connection for both a screen and audio, so when the screen goes to sleep I lose sound. Is there a way to configure a particular monitor/HDMI connection to never sleep? I want to keep power saving settings on my display, but not lose sound when it goes to standby.

Thanks!

:)

Dans6, Mar 22, 2019

2. Display and sleep settings

Hi,

In order to help you with the issue about the display and sleep settings, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you tried the troubleshooting steps suggested by MVP Andre Da Costa? If you did, what were the results?
    • For us to avoid redundancy of the troubleshooting process, what were the other steps you have done to resolve the issue?

We look forward to your next post.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, Mar 22, 2019
  3. DonFaso38 Win User
    Monitor Defies Sleep Setting

I have followed every suggested setting posted regarding monitors going to sleep even though the setting for monitor sleep is set to "Never". A Microsoft agent told me I would have to reset Windows 10 to get it to work properly. I did that and spent 2
    days reinstalling all of my programs, but the monitor still fall asleep against the "Never" setting. I've run the Power Troubleshooter and it tells me my timer setting are too long and then proceeds to change them for me. (That's something I don't appreciate,
    I am capable to make my own decisions on those settings.)

In any event, has Microsoft created a hidden setting somewhere that keeps switching my "Never" setting back to "15 minutes"? I'm about to dump Windows 10 and return to Windows 7. I am at the point with this that I almost wish I had never upgraded. Maybe
    that's why it's free, it is acting like a beta.

Does anyone have any other suggestions on how to get the settings for monitor sleep to stick?

Thanks and sorry about the rant.

DonFaso38, Mar 22, 2019
  4. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Mar 22, 2019
Thema:

1. Per-monitor sleep settings - Similar Threads - Per monitor sleep

2. Monitor is set to sleep, but will not sleep.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor is set to sleep, but will not sleep.: I feel like I've tried everything I've seen online for ways to fix this and nothing has worked. Randomly a few days ago it was working as intended, but now it is back to not operating correctly. I have no idea what to do.......
  3. Monitor is set to sleep, but will not sleep.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitor is set to sleep, but will not sleep.: I feel like I've tried everything I've seen online for ways to fix this and nothing has worked. Randomly a few days ago it was working as intended, but now it is back to not operating correctly. I have no idea what to do.......
  4. I can't set wallpapers per monitor.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't set wallpapers per monitor.: Hello, I've been trying to set wallpaper per monitor however selecting set for monitor one sets for both and set for monitor two sets for none. I am on windows 11. Just wanting to know whether anyone else has been getting this bug or how I can report it....
  5. I can't set wallpapers per monitor.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't set wallpapers per monitor.: Hello, I've been trying to set wallpaper per monitor however selecting set for monitor one sets for both and set for monitor two sets for none. I am on windows 11. Just wanting to know whether anyone else has been getting this bug or how I can report it....
  6. Is it possible to set custom scaling per monitor?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible to set custom scaling per monitor?: I have dual monitors and one of them is high DPI so I would like to set it to 125% or 150% scaling. I'm able to set it in the regular Display settings menu, but I found that when I do it this way, text in Explorer looks very blurry. The only workaround I found for this was...
  7. Optional Display Sleep Per Monitor

Optional Display Sleep Per Monitor: [ATTACH] this should be very straight forward but is seemingly impossible. I have 2 standard monitors and a TV all plugged in to one box, I want to be able to play media on the TV while the two monitors adhere to the standard display time out settings and turn themselves...
  8. Per monitor sleep setting

Per monitor sleep setting: Is there a way to configure sleep settings per monitor. One monitor is my actual monitor, the extended 'monitor' is an hdmi cable to my receiver for sound only. When my display goes to sleep, the sound cuts out too (so no Spotify in the background for instance). Would be...
  9. Monitors will not turn off per power settings

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Monitors will not turn off per power settings: My monitors do not enter power save, per my power settings. I've run troubleshooter, reset to default, changed settings, updated drivers, checked reliability monitor, unplugged all usb device, issue persists. Can anyone help with this?...
  10. Can't Set Different Wallpapers Per Monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't Set Different Wallpapers Per Monitor: Hello TenForums, I've got a b*tchin' multi monitor setup, and I had it set up to pull different wallpapers from my 3 gigs of dank papes. Each screen had a different wallpaper, and one would change every 30 minutes. Besides the fact that, if you number the monitors 1,2,3 left...