Windows 10: Per MS December update: "Automatically back up your precious folders"?

Discus and support Per MS December update: "Automatically back up your precious folders"? in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Per MS December update feature listing... Keep your Documents, Pictures, and Desktop folders automatically backed up with OneDrive so they're protected... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by markg2, Dec 13, 2019.

1. markg2 Win User

Per MS December update: "Automatically back up your precious folders"?

Per MS December update feature listing...
    Keep your Documents, Pictures, and Desktop folders automatically backed up with OneDrive so they're protected even if you lose your PC. On the right side of the taskbar, select OneDrive > More > Settings . On the AutoSave tab, select Update folders and specify which folders you'd like to automatically sync.
    First, practically since the origin of Onedrive (when MS called it something else) I've backed up all my important local directories (in addition to other methods). I've yet to understand what's different from my current method and MS 'protected' backup that's been available for some time but is listed with the current update features?

Second, since MS has restricted these protected directories to those that MS initially installs with the OS versus those that a user adds, I've found protected directories (for me at least) useless?

What is it about all this Onedrive Protected 'feature' fuss that I'm missing?

Mark

:)

markg2, Dec 13, 2019

2. Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Dec 13, 2019
  3. jbunch07 Win User
    Vista Automatic Updating Error

Resolution Suggestion:

# To resolve this problem, make sure that BITS and the Automatic Updates service are started..

A simple solution but one that works in most circumstances!

1. Click Start, click Run, type services.msc, and then click OK.

2. In the list of services, right-click Automatic Updates, and then click Properties.

3. In the Startup type list, click Automatic, and then click Apply.

4. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

5. Right-click Background Intelligent Transfer Service, and then click Properties.

6. In the Startup type list, click Manual, and then click Apply.

7. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

http://www.updatexp.com/0x80070422.html- source *Smile Per MS December update: "Automatically back up your precious folders"? :) hope that helps.

jbunch07, Dec 13, 2019
  4. Per MS December update: "Automatically back up your precious folders"?

Cumulative December update

I tried to download and install the December Cumulative Update from the website you had listed and did not have any luck. I received error messages stating that it would not install and it still has not come through windows update. Do you have any other
    suggestions?

TanyaPeterson412, Dec 13, 2019
Thema:

Per MS December update: "Automatically back up your precious folders"?

1. Per MS December update: "Automatically back up your precious folders"? - Similar Threads - Per December update

2. Automatically backing up folders on D: drive to OneDrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Automatically backing up folders on D: drive to OneDrive: I'm sorry, but OneDrive is NOT intuitive or friendly. I've searched the web for answers to this question but so far, nothing has been helpful. Microsoft REALLY isn't helpful with anything involving drives other than C:. Many people have additional drives to store data and...
  3. Automatically backing up folders on D: drive to OneDrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Automatically backing up folders on D: drive to OneDrive: I'm sorry, but OneDrive is NOT intuitive or friendly. I've searched the web for answers to this question but so far, nothing has been helpful. Microsoft REALLY isn't helpful with anything involving drives other than C:. Many people have additional drives to store data and...
  4. December update

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    December update: I downloaded the December updates to my computer and the printer is now making everthing very small from some programs, such as mail, firefox, etc. Any suggestions? Thanks Jackie R Falls *** Email address is removed for privacy ***...
  5. MS AUTOMATIC UPDATES

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    MS AUTOMATIC UPDATES: It should be illegal for MS to just take over my computer whenever they want to just because I have a Windows 10 operating system. They should send me an email to request an update or allow me to turn it off if I don't want it when they want it. I cannot wait 3-4 hours...
  6. Backing up the OneDrive folder...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Backing up the OneDrive folder...: Hello guys, I am trying to create a local backup for my OneDrive folder on my external hard drive. Here is the problem: My OneDrive folder is about 800 GB in size, but most of them are only placeholder files on my device online-only files for which a placeholder has been...
  7. Back-up not accepting folders

Back-up not accepting folders: When I try to add folders to auto back-up, I go Add folder, then I get the spin circle, then it stays as it was before. The folder is not added to the list. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/back-up-not-accepting-folders/f38881e7-25a5-4f64-bba9-7554286c4e58
  8. Files not backing up but folders are.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files not backing up but folders are.: OneDrive seems to be working correctly but in my picture directory, the folders are there but all of them are empty. Pictures are still in the folders on the local computer. How can I make OneDrive attempt to sync again? It syncs without errors but not updating the folders....
  9. Windows 1809 update not showing up in December

Windows 1809 update not showing up in December: Clicking "Check for updates" does not result in the 1809 update being detected on my computer. I am currently on 1803. What should I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-1809-update-not-showing-up-in-december/f7e7e858-e6d6-4d65-b299-329d9c91d1d4
  10. Windows 10 not automatically backing up

Windows 10 not automatically backing up: Hey Guys, I'm running Windows 10 on my HP Computer and I can't get it to do an automatic backup to my external hard drive for the life of me. I've spent at least 4 hours in total on the phone with support who can't seem to figure it out either. We've tried...