Windows 10: PerfLogs folder with date much older than my laptop recently appeared on my C drive.

Discus and support PerfLogs folder with date much older than my laptop recently appeared on my C drive. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi everyone. Today I noticed on my C drive that there is a folder called PerfLogs. The Date of the file is 2019-12-07. I purchased this laptop at the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DirtyHarry666, Jan 15, 2021.

1. PerfLogs folder with date much older than my laptop recently appeared on my C drive.

Hi everyone. Today I noticed on my C drive that there is a folder called PerfLogs. The Date of the file is 2019-12-07. I purchased this laptop at the end of November, so I don't understand the date on the file. Does anyone know what might be going on?

:)

DirtyHarry666, Jan 15, 2021
  2. gs99 Win User

User folders in root C: drive

In my new Windows 10, these folders were generated:

• Intel
    • PerfLogs
    • Program Files
    • Program Files (x86)
    • Users
    • Windows
    Is there a policy of users generating new folders in this root C: drive?

On my old W7 PC I had several folders in C:, providing a shorter path for applications.

E.g. Is there an advantage when new Windows software is installed?

3. LTK
    LTK Win User
    Mysterious c:\mount folder on my SSD

I came looking for information here because I just discovered a C:\Mount folder on my own Intel SSD. It's about one gig in size, and most of that is from copies from files in C:\Windows. Attempting to access any of the files results in "The file cannot be accessed by the system" being displayed. The folder also contains a 'sources' folder, which is the only thing that's not a copy of another C:\ folder.

I haven't used any kind of mounting software in the time before that. Renaming the folder doesn't cause it to be recreated, and doesn't really have any effect.

What's weirder, the folder's 'Date Modified' shows a date in 2009, same date as the PerfLogs folder. I didn't even own this SSD back then, and I'm sure that Mount folder wasn't here a few weeks ago.

Does this provide any more clues to what this might be?

4. PerfLogs folder with date much older than my laptop recently appeared on my C drive.

laptop DVD drive not appearing on windows?

Well my cousin is coming down soon with his laptop to get his DVD drive fixed because on my computers his DVD drive isn't appeared on the list,he can eject his DVD drive but it doesn't appear on windows..anyone know how to fix this?? would entering bios help?? would i be able to format it?

kurosagi01, Jan 15, 2021
Thema:

PerfLogs folder with date much older than my laptop recently appeared on my C drive.

1. PerfLogs folder with date much older than my laptop recently appeared on my C drive. - Similar Threads - PerfLogs folder date

2. What is the PerfLogs folder?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What is the PerfLogs folder?: Hello. I have recently noticed that there is a folder in my C: drive that is called PerfLogs. Does anybody know what is this? When I tried opening it, a popup told me that I couldn't open the folder because I did not have permission to do so, so I don't actually know what it...
  3. What is the PerfLogs folder?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is the PerfLogs folder?: Hello. I have recently noticed that there is a folder in my C: drive that is called PerfLogs. Does anybody know what is this? When I tried opening it, a popup told me that I couldn't open the folder because I did not have permission to do so, so I don't actually know what it...
  4. What is the PerfLogs folder?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. files older than my computer

files older than my computer: so I was absently searching through my files, just really looking out of boredom, when I found "Install.exe", made by Microsoft Corporation. this isn't too weird by itself, if it weren't for the fact that the file predates both my computer and windows 10 the file is from...
  6. files older than my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    files older than my computer: so I was absently searching through my files, just really looking out of boredom, when I found "Install.exe", made by Microsoft Corporation. this isn't too weird by itself, if it weren't for the fact that the file predates both my computer and windows 10 the file is from...
  7. files older than my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Wifi on my laptop is much worse than on my phone/in the past

Wifi on my laptop is much worse than on my phone/in the past: In the past i had a normal internet speed of 2,5mbps(about 220kb/s) via WIFI but i stopped using my laptop for 2 weeks. Now i got only 0.3~mbps(about 40kb/s) on my laptop, and on my phone i got it as in the past(220kb/s) after i ran some tests on speedtest.net I've been...
  9. Older programs appear bolder than they used to...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Older programs appear bolder than they used to...: Hey guys. I need your help. Not long ago, I refreshed my Windows 10 laptop. when installing programs I noticed some of them now seem to have a bolder font than their usual appearance. The used to look like this... [ATTACH] I regret not having a screenshot of Easy Audio...
  10. Random Folders Appearing on the C:\ Drive

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Random Folders Appearing on the C:\ Drive: I have a few Windows 10 systems with clean installs (not upgraded) whose C:\ drives are filling up with random hex named folders; over 50K of them. From what I have read, this could be related to temporary update folders, but they are not being deleted. The folders are named...