Windows 10: PerfMon errors on program start

Discus and support PerfMon errors on program start in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; when I start perfmon i get the following error. Any Clues? Windows 10 home. Dell laptop Inspiron 5758 It's been a while since I ran perfmon, so don't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by warrensmith, Feb 2, 2020.

1. PerfMon errors on program start

when I start perfmon i get the following error. Any Clues? Windows 10 home. Dell laptop Inspiron 5758 It's been a while since I ran perfmon, so don't know when this error my have started. Last time I ran perfmon (months and months ago) it ran fine.

Also, when I try to add the page file counter it does not show up in the list of counters to choose from.

see screen shots below.

PerfMon errors on program start [​IMG]

PerfMon errors on program start [​IMG]

:)

warrensmith, Feb 2, 2020

2. PerfMon - Error Data Collector Set

Hi.

I'm trying to create a New Data Collector Set in PerfMon, and I get the following message "When attempting to create the Data Collector Set the following system error occurred: The system can not find the specified path".

I need to capture data with PerfMon, is there any way to fix this error?

I will be grateful for your support.

Greetings.

Erasmo M.Parque, Feb 2, 2020
  3. perfmon /report

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern, as the PC is facing a high average interrupts/processor. In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

• Was there a major change or an update on your system, prior to which you weren't facing this issue?
    • What is the Windows 10 version and Build installed? (Type winver in Windows search/Run command)
    • What is the make and model of the PC?
    • What are troubleshooting steps that you have performed to resolve this issue?

However, we would suggest you to perform these steps.

Method 1: Update the Display Adapter driver from device manager.

1. Press Windows + X, select Device Manager.
    2. Expand Display Adapter.
    3. Right click on all the listed devices one by one and click on Update Driver.
    4. Please restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

Method 2: Launch PC in Safe mode.

Please refer this
    safe mode
    article and start the PC in safe mode. If the issue persist in safe mode then perform clean boot in safe mode environment, please follow the steps mentioned in this

clean boot
    article. A ‘clean boot’ starts Windows with a minimal set of drivers and startup programs, if the issue doesn’t persist in safe mode, then try clean boot in normal mode, so that you can determine whether a background
    program is interfering and causing this issue.

Clean Boot Disclaimer: A “clean boot” starts Windows with a minimal set of drivers and startup programs, so that you can determine whether a background program is interfering with
    your game or program.

Your computer may temporarily lose some functionality while in a clean boot environment, however that functionality will return when you
    reset the computer to start normally after you have finished your troubleshooting.

Also refer the article on
    Tips to improve PC performance in Windows 10
    and check if that helps.

We await your response.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Feb 2, 2020
  4. PerfMon errors on program start

Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Feb 2, 2020
Thema:

PerfMon errors on program start

1. PerfMon errors on program start - Similar Threads - PerfMon errors program

2. Help needed to resolve Perfmon reporting errors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help needed to resolve Perfmon reporting errors: Hi, much appreciate your advice on what is the wrong from Perfmon's diagnostic report. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/help-needed-to-resolve-perfmon-reporting-errors/df0fba0c-583e-463e-9b61-8b2255eb1271
  3. Help needed to resolve Perfmon reporting errors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help needed to resolve Perfmon reporting errors: Hi, much appreciate your advice on what is the wrong from Perfmon's diagnostic report. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/help-needed-to-resolve-perfmon-reporting-errors/df0fba0c-583e-463e-9b61-8b2255eb1271
  4. Perfmon shows WinSPRLevel=0

Perfmon shows WinSPRLevel=0: Hi, I have a new ASUS TUF Gaming B550M-PLUS Wifi II runing on Windows 11 Pro with Ryzen 5 5600g, 32GB DDR4 3200, 1TB WD M.2 SSD. When I ran Perfmon, below is what I got. Appreciate someone to advise what is wrong here. Many thanks....
  5. perfmon /report bug

perfmon /report bug: Anyone know if Microsoft is aware of perfmon /report never completing? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/perfmon-report-bug/3543d1ac-f5a2-4ae6-a4b3-3c3d8ecff1d6
  6. Is this normal? Perfmon

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is this normal? Perfmon: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/PiperidinDerivat [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lt38lc/is_this_normal_perfmon/
  7. How to show PID in perfmon?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to show PID in perfmon?: I tried this site: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/...ce/ba-p/374561 And it didn't work. I can't tell difference between instances in perfmon, as they have no PID. Thanks for answer. 161709
  8. perfmon /res hangs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    perfmon /res hangs: When i open perfmon /res at hard drive monitoring tab and copy lots of files it hangs. Also after i joined ntp pool at https://www.ntppool.org/en/join.html perfmon /res hangs when i open network tab....
  9. Help with perfmon

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help with perfmon: Question for any performance monitor pros. I have a workstation where %committed bytes increases 27% over 14 hr period. This equates to approx 4.5gb of VM on a 8GB RAM system. Commit limit was at 17.6GB at the time. Nothing is adding up to the 4.5gb increase. I checked priv...
  10. perfmon /report

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    perfmon /report: High average interrupts / processor. This machine has 4 processors and 5 network cards. Total Interrupts/sec on the machine is 33808. The average interrupts per processor per sec is 8452...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cannot find perfmon/report