Windows 10: Perfmon reports hard drive failure. I have questions.

Discus and support Perfmon reports hard drive failure. I have questions. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; This was a new drive a month ago. I got it to install Windows 10 because my old system drive was too small. I thought things were going fine until a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Gorham, Feb 15, 2020.

1. Gorham Win User

Perfmon reports hard drive failure. I have questions.

This was a new drive a month ago. I got it to install Windows 10 because my old system drive was too small. I thought things were going fine until a few days ago when I began to have occasional boot failures. Then CrystalDiskInfo came up with an error on my "C" drive. So I ran Dell Diagnostics. Or tried to. It said my hard drive is failing and I should replace it. I'm not sure whether they think the hard drive in question is the one that came with the system. No matter. It's not theirs to deal with. So now I've run Perfmon and have a lengthy report I don't know what to do with.

I have several questions. First, is there any way to find out if other stuff is also wrong with my system?

Second, how to I get Win10 from the faulty drive to a new one?

Third, how do I handle the license for same?

Finally, is there anything I can find out - or do something about - using the Event Log Viewer? Is there any data in these reports that would help someone help me? I have the CrystalDiskInfo report; the Performance Monitor report and can print anything from the Event Log (but I have no idea what would be helpful).

I really thought I'd be posting my success story. I'm actually pretty happy with Windows 10 which I have set up remarkably like its predecessor.

I'll appreciate any insights or help from here. Thanks so much.

-G.

Huh. I thought that by filling out my particulars for my profile they'd show up here. Guess now. So...

Computer type: PC/Desktop
    System Manufacturer/Model Number: Dell OptiPlex 5050 64-bit
    CPU: Intel Core i7-6700 @ 3.40GHz
    Memory: 8.00 GB
    Graphics Card(s): Intel HD Graphics 530
    Browser: Firefox 72.0.2
    Antivirus: ESET Nod 32
    Anti-malware: Malwarebytes Premium

:)

Gorham, Feb 15, 2020
  2. Dadof 5 Win User

perfmon /report fails to produce report after timeout error

Sorry to hear that. If you open the command prompt and simply type PERFMON and then when there performance monitor window opens look under Reports do you see any reports listed there at all? Sometimes it will say it timed out but it actually completed
    the report and failed to recognize the report completion hence the time-out

Dadof 5, Feb 15, 2020
  3. perfmon /report fails to produce report after timeout error

yes, I tried running perfmon /report as admin

to be clear, perfmon runs okay.

perfmon /report is a command line option that is supposed to generate a diagnostic report

"perfmon /report" is what I type in the run box and that runs but generates an error message after it spends 60 seconds gathering performance data. The error message is:

Perfmon reports hard drive failure. I have questions. cff68948-f446-4234-a63d-9eb65fcf127a?upload=true.jpg

RickNarveson, Feb 15, 2020
  4. Perfmon reports hard drive failure. I have questions.

Seagate External Hard Drive

Hi Barbara,

Hardware failure or corruption within your system files are some of the possible reasons why you are experiencing an issue with accessing your external hard drive. For us to provide an accurate solution, we would need you to answer the following questions:

• Which build, version and edition of Windows 10?
    • Are you experiencing the same issue when you are trying to access the external hard drive using another PC?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest running the automated troubleshooter for hardware. Follow these steps to do so:

• Open the Control Panel.
    • Using the search box at the upper right corner of the window, type troubleshooting.
    • From the search results, click on Troubleshooting.
    • Click on Hardware and Sound and then choose Hardware and Devices.
    • Once done, restart your computer and then check if the same issue persists.

We are looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, Feb 15, 2020
Thema:

Perfmon reports hard drive failure. I have questions.

1. Perfmon reports hard drive failure. I have questions. - Similar Threads - Perfmon reports hard

2. Perfmon /report running infinitely

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Perfmon /report running infinitely: the title says it, ive already tried sfc /scannow and DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth and it didnt fix the issue, can anyone help me complete this scan?...
  3. perfmon /report bug

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    perfmon /report bug: Anyone know if Microsoft is aware of perfmon /report never completing? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/perfmon-report-bug/3543d1ac-f5a2-4ae6-a4b3-3c3d8ecff1d6
  4. Hard Drive failure

Hard Drive failure: Hello everyone, I have Lenovo L13 Yoga and it's fairly new. I recently had a disk failure error in my device and prompted me to scan the hard drive. The scan runs for quite a few hours but as I had to start my work, I forced restarted the device. The device looks...
  5. perfmon /report no longer works 2004 19041.423

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    perfmon /report no longer works 2004 19041.423: Generate System Diagnostics Report in Windows 10 no longer working in 2004. I have 19041.423 which was Clean Installed on 7/31. When I run perfmon /report from a Run box I get the window that says Collecting data for 60 seconds, but it never terminates. Has anyone else tried...
  6. perfmon /report

perfmon /report: High average interrupts / processor. This machine has 4 processors and 5 network cards. Total Interrupts/sec on the machine is 33808. The average interrupts per processor per sec is 8452...
  7. Hard drive failure

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hard drive failure: hello, I've had this computer for about ten years now. Recently I've had it shutting down on me randomly. I thought it was the power supply so I replaced it. Apparently it wasn't. My only other guess is a hard drive failure. I bought a new pc and a synology nas to move...
  8. Hard drive failure

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hard drive failure: Hi all, Yesterday I came back to my computer and there was a pop up on the screen telling me that there is an update for Itunes available. So I clicked on install, but nothing happened. Then I wanted to close the pop up, but could not. All was frozen. I had to shut down by...
  9. Perfmon /report not working. Timed out.

Perfmon /report not working. Timed out.: New Dell Inspiron w/Windows 10 Home. Tried perfmon /report but received Error. Timed out. Tried sfc /scannow but no errors found. Changed SERVICES settings in "Performance Logs & Alerts" to Automatic from Manual and in "Problem Reports and Solutions Control Panel" to...
  10. Perfmon/report system health report function missing ?

Perfmon/report system health report function missing ?: I just wanted to know if MS removed the system health report feature from performance monitor. If so how do you start a system health report in Windows 10, it seems to differ from Windows 7 where you can find in advanced tools "Generate a system health report" ? Thanks!...