Windows 10: Perform bulk isolation for endpoints managed by Windows Defender for Endpoint

Discus and support Perform bulk isolation for endpoints managed by Windows Defender for Endpoint in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi Everyone, I have been recently studying the implementation of Defender for Endpoint API to perform bulk isolation/release for endpoints. This... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by MoShahin, May 27, 2022.

1. MoShahin Win User

Perform bulk isolation for endpoints managed by Windows Defender for Endpoint

Hi Everyone, I have been recently studying the implementation of Defender for Endpoint API to perform bulk isolation/release for endpoints. This documentation https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/security/defender-endpoint/isolate-machine?view=o365-worldwide states a limitation of 100 calls/minute and 1500 calls/hour. So I have to think of another way to overcome this. API structure uses endpoint ID as follows: POST https://api.securitycenter.microsoft.com/api/machines/{id}/isolateOne of the things I thought of is that if I can run this API and fill in a 'Device Group' ID instead o

:)

MoShahin, May 27, 2022

2. SIEM Integration With Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the concern as you want to know whether
    it’s possible to forward antivirus logs in Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager to a SIEM.

In this case we would suggest you to refer these articles:

Configure
    Endpoint Protection

Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager documentation

However, for concern/queries related to Microsoft Endpoint Configuration, let me help to point you in the right direction. I would suggest you to post your query in
    TechNet Forums where you will find professionals
    with expertise on Microsoft Endpoint Configuration
    and that would be the appropriate forum

Regards,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, May 27, 2022
  3. Symantec Endpoint?

I had Windows 7 and used Symantec Endpoint and worked great, now that I upgraded to Windows 10, I am being told that the Endpoint does not work with Windows 10, and that I Microsoft Defender is turned off and it will not let me turn it on. If I delete
    teh files for Endpoint, will it allow Defender to come on? What if I just add teh new edition of Symantec Endpoint that says it works on Windows 10? I feel much safer using teh Endpoint then any other virus protection. Have been on computers since 1974 and
    used many different ones and had troubles with all of them until about 2000 when i started with Endpoint and have not had a single virus, hack, or anything get thru.

JerryBazar, May 27, 2022
  4. Brink Win User

Microsoft Defender for Endpoint on iOS is now generally available

Source: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/...e/ba-p/1962420

Download: Microsoft Defender ATP on the App Store

Brink, May 27, 2022
Thema:

1. Perform bulk isolation for endpoints managed by Windows Defender for Endpoint - Similar Threads - Perform bulk isolation

2. Defender for Endpoint - Best Practices

in Windows 10 Customization
    Defender for Endpoint - Best Practices: Hi,Where can I find a list of best practice settings for Defender for Endpoint agent settings as defined by Group Policy?I am currently reviewing the settings my org uses, and would also like to know if I have missed any settings too.Best regards,Dan...
  3. Microsoft Defender for endpoint and manager

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Defender for endpoint and manager: Hello,I'm currently testing Defender as our AV solution to replace a 3rd party one. I have the connection to Intune setup and I've onboarded my test devices.I've also created an AV policy including a daily full scan at 10am.It's now almost 5pm, in the Defender portal my...
  4. Endpoint Manager and MsMpEng

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Endpoint Manager and MsMpEng: Hi Folks,I've been banging my head against a brick wall for a few days. I've connected up 17 devices to Endpoint Manager All Windows 10 Pro, 21H2 with updates5 of those devices so far have been identified as running slowly.Symptoms are highly varied, the first thing I noticed...
  5. Endpoint Manager and MsMpEng

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Endpoint Manager and MsMpEng: Hi Folks,I've been banging my head against a brick wall for a few days. I've connected up 17 devices to Endpoint Manager All Windows 10 Pro, 21H2 with updates5 of those devices so far have been identified as running slowly.Symptoms are highly varied, the first thing I noticed...
  6. Endpoint Manager and MsMpEng

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Microsoft Defender for Endpoint

Microsoft Defender for Endpoint: Hi Reader, Does Microsoft Defender for endpoint have application whitelisting functionality? Any recommended implementation article would be appreciated.Thank you....
  8. Microsoft Defender for Endpoint

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Defender for Endpoint: Hi Reader, Does Microsoft Defender for endpoint have application whitelisting functionality? Any recommended implementation article would be appreciated.Thank you....
  9. Microsoft Defender for Endpoint

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  10. microsoft defender for endpoint

microsoft defender for endpoint: Hi fam, please help Microsoft Defender for Endpoint does not show alerts at all. please help what might be the problem. * Moved from Health & Band https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/microsoft-defender-for-endpoint/1dfa5bbd-396a-4cb9-9f2d-d55ae4c1cf2c