Windows 10: perform new Windows reset after previous reset created problems?

Discus and support perform new Windows reset after previous reset created problems? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Is this possible to do? My computer has gone completely haywire since a reset of the system of 1/31/2020...can I do a new reset to try to fix it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by klaro 1590, Feb 4, 2021.

1. perform new Windows reset after previous reset created problems?

Is this possible to do? My computer has gone completely haywire since a reset of the system of 1/31/2020...can I do a new reset to try to fix it before I attempt a Clean Install?

In the condition it is now in I'm having difficulty trying the suggestions I receive from the excellent support.microsoft.com responses I get. Even that icon keeps disappearing from my PC, as well as many others. At the moment I only need to get windows running so I'm able to take the actions necessary to fix problems.

I'm awaiting delivery of a 8-12GB flash drive in order to perform a Clean install.

Meantime I'm hoping to be able to fix anything to keep it working until the Clean Install.

Since the reset a huge problem is the windows opening in various sizes from overfilling the screen to text being either too large or too small and is fuzzy. None of Ease of Access, display, resolution settings were changed by me. ALL SUGGESTIONS APPRECIATED!

I use: HP desktop - Win. 10 v. 2004 bld. 19041.685 - edge chrome 88.0.705.56

:)

klaro 1590, Feb 4, 2021
  2. Reecek Win User

Reset Problem

Solved - Turned out to be a PCI Analyzer card that I had installed from the previous machine, probably can't handle the higher bus speeds, reset and ram problems gone!
    Thanks All.

Reecek, Feb 4, 2021
  3. newfellow Win User
    How to reset whole netsh? (Windows 7)

Was wondering has the commands changed somehow since on Windows XP and on Windows Vista 'NETSH INT RESET ALL' cleaned entire netsh up from top to bottom.

Now on Windows 7 this same command says no go and only way I can see it is by building .cmd/.bat which does something like:

Code: netsh winsock reset all netsh int 6to4 reset all netsh int ipv4 reset all netsh int ipv6 reset all netsh int httpstunnel reset all netsh int isatap reset all netsh int portproxy reset all netsh int tcp reset all netsh int teredo reset all[/quote] now the king of the hill of bugs is this doesn't actually do even it's job even after reboot. values setup to are not reset to defaults. (I know I could add more entire list of entries there is, but looking for clean delete/wipe settings & default everything not to dump entire list of resets.)

So, anyone got a plan B?

newfellow, Feb 4, 2021
  4. P4-630 Win User

perform new Windows reset after previous reset created problems?

How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-do-forget-windows-password#1TC=windows-8

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, Feb 4, 2021
Thema:

perform new Windows reset after previous reset created problems?

1. perform new Windows reset after previous reset created problems? - Similar Threads - perform reset previous

2. After reset problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After reset problem: I cannot see my mouse pointer after windows 10 reset on the continue with selected language screen!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-reset-problem/0c71e008-fe42-4f15-888f-d0608d021cc2
  3. After reset problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After reset problem: I cannot see my mouse pointer after windows 10 reset on the continue with selected language screen!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-reset-problem/0c71e008-fe42-4f15-888f-d0608d021cc2
  4. After reset problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Worse performance after factory reset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Worse performance after factory reset: Hi everyone, how are you? Basically I have done a factory reset for my pc did the keep personal files option due to some weird performance decrease in games over the past months but when it booted up after the reset was over, the windows performance got worse even though the...
  6. Poor performance after pc reset

Poor performance after pc reset: Reset my pc and now apps and games freeze or run at extremely low frames, and videos will freeze but audio will continue. Apps and games don't consume much resource so that's not it, drivers are up to date....
  7. Problems after reset

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problems after reset: Just did a windows 10 reset and now the wireless mouse wont work. The mouse device doesn’t even show up in device manager. Neither does bluetooth. Suggestions? This is a Dell desktop submitted by /u/jwbtyt14 [link] [comments]...
  8. Problem after Reset

Problem after Reset: I had just reset my computer, in the computer setup phase after I enter my region and language. The whole computer would load for awhile then restart taking me back to the region and language setup. This has been happening for a few days now. Please help!...
  9. Not reset to previous version

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Not reset to previous version: I am update window 10 but in update complete only 50%. Then pc is off. Then again pc is restart then show the command to window will reset to previous version.... but it not convert to previous version.. now always show blue screen restart command... how i convert to...
  10. Performance Decrease after Factory Reset

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Performance Decrease after Factory Reset: Recently my SSD that my OS was located on became too full, and I decided to do a factory reset of my computer. Before the reset my BIOS time was always less than 10 seconds, and averaged around 5. After this reset however, my BIOS is 105 seconds, my frames have begun to drop...