Windows 10: performace changes depending on user account

Discus and support performace changes depending on user account in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; alright all you guru's... I have a program (an emulator called xebra) that under my account which is admin, runs like crap!! Somewhere around 1/2 speed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by medievil, May 15, 2017.

1. medievil Win User

performace changes depending on user account

alright all you guru's... I have a program (an emulator called xebra) that under my account which is admin, runs like crap!! Somewhere around 1/2 speed but randomly will speed up for a 1/2 second... I've checked everything I know to check and can't find a reason, but here is the kicker, I log into the built in admin account, and the program runs fine, full speed..
    I've checked side by side the running programs in task manager and except for a couple instances of one on my user profile or one on admin, everything is the same

cpu usage isn't high (0%-2% at most when idol) sfc doesn't find anything wrong with system files.
    I've tried running proc explorer and proc monitor neither of which are much help

I really am at a loss...something is screwed up and probably affecting other programs but for th elife of me I can't find it
    And yes I have ran all the virus stuff, malwarebytes, etc...system is clean

:)

medievil, May 15, 2017

2. My audio is really low and changes depending on what I'm listening to

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

I see that you are facing issue with audio in the system.This might be due to corruption of audio drivers.

Please answer the below questions to assist you better,

1. What is the make and model of the system?

2. Had you done any changes in the settings prior to this issue?

Please follow the below methods and check if it helps,

Method 1: Windows Defender

I would suggest you to update and run a full scan of the system using the Windows Defender and check if it helps,

Refer the link for details on How to use Windows Defender.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows/using-defender#1TC=windows-10

Anti Virus Disclaimer
    : Any data files that are infected may only be cleaned by deleting the file entirely, which means there is a potential for data loss.

Method 2: Un-install and Re-install Audio Drivers

• Click on the Start button, and type “Device Manager” on the search bar.
    • Open Device Manager, expand “Audio Output Input”.
    • Find and double-click “Audio Output Input”.
    • Right-click on the sound driver, and click Uninstall.
    • Windows will prompt you to confirm the device’s removal. Click
      OK
      to remove the driver.
    • After the uninstallation is complete, reboot your computer.
    • After you have successfully uninstalled the driver, please go to the computer manufacturer’s website, download the Windows 10 audio driver for your computer and check.
    If the issues still persists then perform a clean boot and check if it helps,

Method 3: Perform a Clean boot on the system.

Perform a clean boot to check if any third party application is causing the issue, as clean boot helps in eliminating software conflicts.

How to troubleshoot problem by performing clean boot in Windows:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

Note:
    Refer "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting" to reset the computer to start as normal after troubleshooting

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, May 15, 2017
  3. kelbels Win User
    My audio is really low and changes depending on what I'm listening to

I recently upgraded to Windows 10 a few weeks ago but I ran into a bad virus and had to do a reset to get back into windows yesterday. Ever since then I noticed that the audio is different with each video I watch/listen to. Plus I have to turn the speakers
    up to around 50% just to hear it. I just did a troubleshoot for playing audio and one of the issues says "Both the windows audio and the windows audio end point builder services must be running, at least one of these services isn't running." I don't know how
    to fix that or if that is the real issue but I'm hoping there is a way and someone will know. I really appreciate it. Thanks

kelbels, May 15, 2017
  4. WOT
    WOT Win User

Same power plan for both users?

5. medievil Win User
    yup..it's a desktop...everything is set to never since I don't have to worry about battery

medievil, May 15, 2017
  6. WOT
    WOT Win User
    OK, but are they using the same power plan as identified by either Balanced, High Performance, and/or Power Saver because some of the processor (default) sub options are quite different for each power plan:

performace changes depending on user account [​IMG]

performace changes depending on user account [​IMG]

7. medievil Win User
    yup
    item to item match

medievil, May 15, 2017
  8. WOT
    WOT Win User

OK, that was my best initial guess. Hopefully someone else will come along with some different ideas.

Good luck,

9. medievil Win User
    yea, it's head scratcher... been using and involved with PC/computers for over 30 years (computer science award freshman year in high school when the trs-80 model 3 and 4 were the thing..lol)....and I have never ran across something so strange as this

medievil, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. performace changes depending on user account - Similar Threads - performace changes depending

2. Change name of user account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Change name of user account: I have an admin user account named "Admin". After I created it, I linked it with my Microsoft account which bears the name of "Shmuel". However, the system still calls the account "Admin". For instance, the path is C:\Users\Admin I want to change the name to "Shmuel", because...
  3. change the user account control?

change the user account control?: Hello dear community, with some programs I get the following message: (see attachment). I would like to know how I can issue this message so that it no longer appears for a certain program, i.e. the selection is automatically marked "yes". For your information: I use...
  4. problem in changing user account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    problem in changing user account: new adminstrator accnt not creating and it shows acesss is denied net user Administrator /active:yes IT NOT WORKS https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-in-changing-user-account/6923313f-6b9a-475d-ae85-2f8073d7edb2
  5. To change the user account type

To change the user account type: when I tried to change the user [ATTACH]account type it wont allowing me to change it. And when iam deleting the files in one user account and it will be also[ATTACH]deleted in another administrator account also....
  6. Performace Focus Technology?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Performace Focus Technology?: The past few months I notice a new feature. Things to know, I have 3 monitors and 2 GPUs. Two monitors are hooked up to one GPU and the last monitor connected to the other GPU. Now when I am playing a game at fullscreen or windowed borderless everything is fine with the...
  7. performace

in Windows 10 Customization
    performace: Right click is not responding on desktop and rest windows is working good. As I right click on desktop, timer icon appears and no response is displayed. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_desk/performace/9d4655b5-2ce2-440a-a6fd-e64773bef7e0
  8. Performace and Upgrade

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Performace and Upgrade: Good evening, I want to upgrade my HP ZBook for optimal performance. I have provided a link for the specs of the computer. Basically, I want this thing to be fast and have good graphics. Everyone, keep in mind that I am new at doing this....
  9. user account change

user account change: Ok, hoping someone can help me. i was in process of adding my kids to the pc so they can log into the school website for the homework. now, somehow, the account i am actually on (which is mine) changed the user log on as my sons, meaning his name now has all the software...
  10. SSD Performace ?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    SSD Performace ?: Have a older computer and just installed a Samsung SSD. The computer only has Sata2 ports so my performance is limited. Here is my benchmark before a new Controller Card,I just installed a Satalll (6gbps) 2-port PCI-Express Controller Card. My benchmarks went down? Did not...