Windows 10: Performance and annoyances after Win updates

Discus and support Performance and annoyances after Win updates in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi, It"s no longer news, but the latest Windows updates have played havoc with many a computer: files no longer sticking to pre-established... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by haku, Dec 10, 2018.

1. haku Win User

Performance and annoyances after Win updates

Hi,
    It"s no longer news, but the latest Windows updates have played havoc with many a computer: files no longer sticking to pre-established applications but reverting to Microsoft own apps (Edge vs. Adobe or current graphic files opening on MS's clunky Paint 3D being flagrant cases in point), whatever one tweaks in setting.
    Not to mention simple apps like Solitaire disappearing without an explanation, or even MS's own mini apps like their Calculator no longer accessible. Dreadful annoyances one can live with, however irritating and inexplicable they may be.

The latest aggravation is the worse to date: when opening a window, it refreshes constantly or at least at opening it, at a snail's pace. Worse: often all formatting of certain windows is lost: they revert to a standard size, instead of - say - icons, one gets lists, no longer in the pre-ordained order, but simply ordered by name - in other words, chaos and time loss.

As said, I can live with many of the other annoyances, but not with that latest occurrence. How can I correct this? Is there a tweak somewhere?

Thanks for trying to find a solution to this real problem.

:)

2. Win 10 performance

Hi Leiv,

We appreciate your time and effort to get back to us.

As you have tried to Reset/system restore/clean boot, I suggest you to try the steps suggested in the previous post to repair your computer using the Windows 10 Installation media.

Kindly get back to us with the updates after performing the suggested steps in the previous post. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Dec 10, 2018
  3. Mayra Aqu Win User
    Updates slowing computer performance

Hi,

Listed below are possible causes why Windows is running slow:

• Too many application installed.
    • Virus and malware.
    • Corrupted system files.
    • Outdated drivers.

For us to assist you with the concern, we suggest following the steps on this
    article

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Mayra Aqu, Dec 10, 2018
  4. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Performance and annoyances after Win updates :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Dec 10, 2018
Thema:

1. Performance and annoyances after Win updates - Similar Threads - Performance annoyances updates

2. The annoying upgrade to Win 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The annoying upgrade to Win 11: Is Microsoft TRYING to annoy...
  3. The annoying upgrade to Win 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The annoying upgrade to Win 11: Is Microsoft TRYING to annoy...
  4. Win 10 annoyance.

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 annoyance.: My OS: MS Windows 10 ver. 1909 ----------------------------------------------- One of the most annoying things (there are many, too numerous to count... LOL) about W10 occurs only occasionally, but often enough to be extremely annoying & disturbing to me. It happened again,...
  5. Win 8 To Win 10 Update Broke Gaming Performance

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Win 8 To Win 10 Update Broke Gaming Performance: [ATTACH] Hi, recently my brother wanted his laptop to be upgraded to windows 10 because a lot of apps didn't support windows 8. Couple of minutes later he told me that a game (Roblox) was running on low fps (1-5 fps). He said It wasn't like this on windows 8. I've made...
  6. Win 8 To Win 10 Update Broke Gaming Performance

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win 8 To Win 10 Update Broke Gaming Performance: Hi, recently my brother wanted his laptop to be upgraded to windows 10 because a lot of apps didn't support windows 8. Couple of minutes later he told me that a game Roblox was running on low fps 1-5 fps. He said It wasn't like this on windows 8. I've made sure all drivers...
  7. Annoying update sounds after joining Parler

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Annoying update sounds after joining Parler: Greetings: I tried Parler and MeWe not long ago and now have a misbehaving mouse. When I get updates, seemingly from nowhere, my mouse pointer will disappear and/or move elsewhere than where it was. It got so bad I deleted both accounts. I STILL HAVE THE PROBLEMS! I...
  8. Annoying updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Annoying updates: Microsoft, please make it so in Windows 10 it asks before it updates, I sometimes have to quickly go on my computer, I turn it on and it installs an update out of nowhere without my permission, please fix this....
  9. Games performance after Win updates.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Games performance after Win updates.: Hey, This problem started to appear for me after the creators updates a few month ago. Any game that I used to run on windowed or borderless windowed mode started to have this sort of flickering that you`ll see in the images. The only fix that I`ve then was to use...
  10. Win 10 Pro update annoyance

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win 10 Pro update annoyance: I was just watching movie via xtreamer media player when picture freezes,well my PC has restarted after new update. So annoyed with this shit.Now watching movies in peace isn't possible anymore. 23811