Windows 10: Performance and other power plans missing from my Power Panel.

Discus and support Performance and other power plans missing from my Power Panel. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Sorry if I'm posting this in the wrong category, not sure where else I could post it. The issue is a few months ago all my power plans (including my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Ryuji, Feb 16, 2021.

1. Ryuji Win User

Performance and other power plans missing from my Power Panel.

Sorry if I'm posting this in the wrong category, not sure where else I could post it.

The issue is a few months ago all my power plans (including my custom ones) disappeared, the only one remaining is balanced. I'm running on a low end machine and want to use the High Performance plan to get maximum performance in a certain game, as well as improve my laptop's multitasking ability.
    I had the High Performance plan on just a few months ago and it suddenly removed itself from the power plan options, as well as plans such as power saver.
    Not too sure how to fix this, I've watched a few tutorials that use PowerShell as well as registry edits, and none of those seem to work. The other thing that I've seen on the internet is my power options being blocked by the OEM, meaning my laptop only has 1 plan it's capable of using, but I was able to use the other plans before, so I don't think this is the case.

I'm looking for a permanent fix for this to get my power plans back.

Thanks in advance.

Specs of my laptop:
    - HP Envy 13 (model)
    -8 GB RAM
    -i5-10210U (CPU)
    -GPU: Intel UHD 620
    Running on Windows 10 (OS Build 19041.804)

:)

Ryuji, Feb 16, 2021
  2. John Fer Win User

Power plan?

Upon checking, it seems that there's nothing wrong with your system. It is usual that you have to double-click your mouse before your monitor wakes up.

For the meantime, we suggest changing the power plan by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + S.
    • Type in Power Settings.
    • On the pop-up window, choose Additional power settings.
    • Select High performance.

After changing the power plan, we suggest that you monitor the changes made and check if that will work for you.

Get back to us if you need further help.

John Fer, Feb 16, 2021
  3. High performance Power plan missing.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the concern as you are unable to create a new power plan with high performance.

In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below:

• What is the Version and Build of Windows 10 installed? (Type
      winver in Windows search/Run command)
    • Is the PC connected to a domain/organization network?

Meanwhile, we would suggest you to perform these steps to restore the default power plans on the PC.

1. Click on Start menu and type
      CMD, right click on CMD and select Run as Administrator.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter:
      powercfg –restoredefaultschemes

3. Once the process is complete, then restart the PC and check

If the issue persists, then perform these registry changes and check..

Note:
    Important this section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection,
    back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs.

Follow the steps to take backup of registry

1. Open the Run dialog box by pressing the Windows key and the R key together.
    2. Type Regedit and hit the Enter key.
    3. When the Registry Editor opens, navigate to the following location:
      HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power
    4. In the right pane, double click on the DWORD entry named CsEnabledand
      set it to 0.
    5. Click Ok and restart the PC to check.

Let us know the results. We will certainly assist you further.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Feb 16, 2021
  4. Performance and other power plans missing from my Power Panel.

Power Plans missing

FIX for -- Disk usage 100% & Missing High Performance plan - Fixed

After trying to get to the power settings through Control Panel, Cortana and random other routes to power settings. Would only list Balanced Power Option. Did some more googling found this on another website, it worked. Why this worked and the other routes
    didn't?? I have no idea, but this gave me the fix to the problem. Hope it helps out!

Open Run --- (Window Button + R)

Copy and paste this powercfg.cpl

When the window opens look to the left column.

Click "Create a power plan"

You'll now see
    three
    options instead of just the one.

-Balanced

-Power Saving

-High Performance

Click the bubble for
    High Performance

Click Next

Select
    My Custom Plan 1

FIXED!

Open Task Manager.. Disk is now 2% etc

Krispy_Bentley, Feb 16, 2021
Thema:

Performance and other power plans missing from my Power Panel.

1. Performance and other power plans missing from my Power Panel. - Similar Threads - Performance power plans

2. Missing power plans

in Windows 10 Customization
    Missing power plans: Hello, for some reason i am missing power plans, i tried to add them in manually by using some powercfg script but that didnt work and nothing changedheres the list of things ive tried:PowerCFG script thingyCMDRegeditAnd create a power planIs there any solution to this? I use...
  3. Missing power plans

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing power plans: Hello, for some reason i am missing power plans, i tried to add them in manually by using some powercfg script but that didnt work and nothing changedheres the list of things ive tried:PowerCFG script thingyCMDRegeditAnd create a power planIs there any solution to this? I use...
  4. Other power plans are missing Theres only "balanced" power plan

in Windows 10 Customization
    Other power plans are missing Theres only "balanced" power plan: Other power plans are missing on me. I saw some videos on the YouTube about that but none of them worked! I saw it worked on some people but at me instead of getting other power plans, I have 4 balanced power plans. I tried that thing where you copy and paste other power...
  5. Other power plans are missing Theres only "balanced" power plan

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Other power plans are missing Theres only "balanced" power plan: Other power plans are missing on me. I saw some videos on the YouTube about that but none of them worked! I saw it worked on some people but at me instead of getting other power plans, I have 4 balanced power plans. I tried that thing where you copy and paste other power...
  6. Other power plans are missing Theres only "balanced" power plan

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. power plan missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    power plan missing: Why I have Balanced power plan only ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/power-plan-missing/4557134e-3aea-4068-9a1a-146e38eb4e8d
  8. High performance power plan missing

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    High performance power plan missing: Hi, so it seems like high performnace power plan is missing in my new pc. I've tried a lot of methods, but they didn't work.PS: I already made a post about this, but no one replied....
  9. High performance Power plan missing.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    High performance Power plan missing.: Hi, i have a surface laptop and i cant change my performance in power options in control panel, it would just show balanced for me, and when i press create a new power plan i cant see high performance, it only shows balance, i need a way to get high performance can anyone...
  10. High Performance Power Plan and Ultimate Performance Power Plan.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    High Performance Power Plan and Ultimate Performance Power Plan.: What is the real difference between the High Performance Power Plan and Ultimate Performance Power Plan? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/high-performance-power-plan-and-ultimate/6625509a-a16e-4c61-a36f-a7c9a5d7ce5c