Windows 10: Performance and System Failure

Discus and support Performance and System Failure in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I am unable to open Microsoft Edge, Microsoft shop. Neither am I able to open settings. Can Someone Help Me Please??... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by charmaineSJ, Feb 13, 2020.

1. Performance and System Failure

I am unable to open Microsoft Edge, Microsoft shop. Neither am I able to open settings. Can Someone Help Me Please??

:)

charmaineSJ, Feb 13, 2020
  2. Darshan J Win User

Performance and System Failures

Hi Alexis,

Provide us the below information to assist you better.

• Have you installed all the pending updates on your system?
    • Do you have any high end software program installed on your computer?
    • Do you have any antivirus program installed on your computer?

As an initial step I would suggest you to install all the pending updates on your system and also uninstall any program which is not used any more on your computer.

Method 1: Disable security software on the system.

Disable Antivirus and security-related products, if you have any Antivirus installed for (Free) uninstall it, if not then disable the Antivirus, try again to update and check if issue is resolved.

Disclaimer: Antivirus software helps protecting your computer against viruses and other security threats. In most cases, you shouldn't disable your antivirus software. If you
    have to temporarily disable it to install other software and\or troubleshoot any pertinent issue, you should re-enable it as soon as you're done. If you are connected to the Internet or a network while your antivirus software is disabled, your computer is
    vulnerable to malware attacks

Method 2: Run System Maintenance troubleshooter

Please follow the steps to run System Maintenance troubleshooter on the computer:

• Type “Control Panel” on the search box.
    • Click on Troubleshooting.
    • Click on View all option on the left side of the Windows.
    • Click on System Maintenance option.
    • Click on Next and follow the onscreen instructions to troubleshoot the issue. Check if it has improved the performance.
    Also refer to the below post and articles check if it helps.

How to fix 100% disk usage in Windows 10

Fixing 100% disk usage in Windows 10 with Chrome and Skype running

Windows performance recorder

Windows performance recorder

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance.

Darshan J, Feb 13, 2020
  3. Failure to restore system using a system restore point

Hi Alpe,

There are several ways to perform a system restore, such as through Control Panel, using a recovery drive, or using an installation media. For us to add clarification, we would like to know the following:

• Why do you need to perform a system restore? Have you encountered any system failures?
    • Have you encountered any error messages when performing a system restore?

In the meantime, you can use this article as your reference in performing a system restore:

Recovery options in Windows 10
    . Click each drop down to view the steps.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Janeane Cru, Feb 13, 2020
  4. Performance and System Failure

System restore failure windows 10

Hi,

As you are facing issues with the “failure of the computer to shut down” I suggest you perform the below methods and check if it helps.

I suggest you to try running the Power Troubleshooter to check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Run the Power troubleshooter on the system.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Power troubleshooter
    Further you can try creating a new power plan according to your preference. Refer the link below for more details on Power Plans.

Power Plans: frequently asked questions

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/power-plans-faq#1TC=windows-8

(Steps in the article, applies to Windows 10).

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Feb 13, 2020
Thema:

Performance and System Failure

1. Performance and System Failure - Similar Threads - Performance System Failure

2. System performance failure

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System performance failure: I don’t know what’s wrong with my pc .if I want to Login to anything on my pc eg Microsoft it won’t type in a by thing ,I can’t put in my login details . Even when I logged into my WhatsApp on pc I can’t chat neither can I search on the menu but if I go into notepad I can...
  3. System performance failure

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System performance failure: I don’t know what’s wrong with my pc .if I want to Login to anything on my pc eg Microsoft it won’t type in a by thing ,I can’t put in my login details . Even when I logged into my WhatsApp on pc I can’t chat neither can I search on the menu but if I go into notepad I can...
  4. Performance and system failures

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Performance and system failures: Im using the ntdll.dll file from Windows 11 Dev Channel build 23521 from 2023-08-10.Apparently this file is only valid to 2023-09-15T18:00 and fails to launch VirtualBox.What can I do to remedy this?...
  5. Performance and system failures

Performance and system failures: Im using the ntdll.dll file from Windows 11 Dev Channel build 23521 from 2023-08-10.Apparently this file is only valid to 2023-09-15T18:00 and fails to launch VirtualBox.What can I do to remedy this?...
  6. System failure to perform

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System failure to perform: After updating my system to windows 11, my system got too slow also it is showing the disk as 100% utilized due to which I am unable to perform the tasks. What could be the possible reasons for the same? And what is the solution to correct this problem?...
  7. System failure to perform

System failure to perform: After updating my system to windows 11, my system got too slow also it is showing the disk as 100% utilized due to which I am unable to perform the tasks. What could be the possible reasons for the same? And what is the solution to correct this problem?...
  8. Performance and system failure

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Performance and system failure: I restarted my laptop and when it powered back on and went through the boot screen I just got a black screen with a loading cursor. I looked all over YouTube and nothing helped...
  9. Performance and System Failures

Performance and System Failures: Hello Sir, i am currently working as an intern at Ridhiman Alloys one of the largest manufacturer,dealers and exporters in production of valves,Sheets and coils and I would like to bring to your notice that in month of March 2019 i have buy 3 Windows phones from one of your...
  10. Windows 10 start up, performance and system failure

Windows 10 start up, performance and system failure: Hi All, Hope you can help. Have followed a number of possibilities within these forums hoping to solve my problem. The most accurate yet goes back to December 5, 2017 and the information given by DaveM121. I am having the same problem as Amyoberlies - unfortunately when I...