Windows 10: Performance Decrease after Factory Reset

Discus and support Performance Decrease after Factory Reset in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Recently my SSD that my OS was located on became too full, and I decided to do a factory reset of my computer. Before the reset my BIOS time was always... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by ZackMack, May 6, 2018.

1. ZackMack Win User

Performance Decrease after Factory Reset

Recently my SSD that my OS was located on became too full, and I decided to do a factory reset of my computer. Before the reset my BIOS time was always less than 10 seconds, and averaged around 5. After this reset however, my BIOS is 105 seconds, my frames have begun to drop randomly when playing games, and when I attempt to shut down my computer, the screen powers down but the computer takes over an hour to fully shut off.

My computer is an Alienware 17 Laptop
    i7 6700HQ @ 2.60 GHz
    16 GB 2133 mHz RAM (I don't know if it's DDR3 or DDR4)
    Intel Integrated Graphics 1 GB
    NVIDIA 970M 2GB
    SSD is 128GB with OS
    HDD is 1TB

:)

ZackMack, May 6, 2018
Thema:

Performance Decrease after Factory Reset

1. Performance Decrease after Factory Reset - Similar Threads - Performance Decrease Factory

2. why has my screen brightness decreased after a factory reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why has my screen brightness decreased after a factory reset: I preformed a factory reset on my PC as it was crashing as I gained controlled of my pc the overall brightness seems to have decreased to you know how I could resolve this....
  3. why has my screen brightness decreased after a factory reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why has my screen brightness decreased after a factory reset: I preformed a factory reset on my PC as it was crashing as I gained controlled of my pc the overall brightness seems to have decreased to you know how I could resolve this....
  4. performance decrease after using 'Reset this PC'

in Windows 10 Gaming
    performance decrease after using 'Reset this PC': i5-1135G7, intel iris xe graphics, 16GB of ram I think those are the important stuffmy laptop came with a lot of apps and bloat from its distributor LG and I heard that it would help with performance so I used the 'Reset this PC' feature to get a clean installation of...
  5. performance decrease after using 'Reset this PC'

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    performance decrease after using 'Reset this PC': i5-1135G7, intel iris xe graphics, 16GB of ram I think those are the important stuffmy laptop came with a lot of apps and bloat from its distributor LG and I heard that it would help with performance so I used the 'Reset this PC' feature to get a clean installation of...
  6. performance decrease after using 'Reset this PC'

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Worse performance after factory reset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Worse performance after factory reset: Hi everyone, how are you? Basically I have done a factory reset for my pc did the keep personal files option due to some weird performance decrease in games over the past months but when it booted up after the reset was over, the windows performance got worse even though the...
  8. Performance decrease after BIOS update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Performance decrease after BIOS update: I recently updated Laptop BIOS.After the update, performance has significantly decreased and laptop has basically been rendered useless.Product details: Lenovo S340 14-APIRyzen 38GB RAMEarlier BIOS : AMCN28WWUpdated BIOS : AMCN29WWI cannot roll back to...
  9. Factory Reset/Performance

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Factory Reset/Performance: I've had this laptop for about 3 years, so it has started to lag pretty badly, and I figured that this was happening because it has less than 2 GB of space and it can't update, and I can't free up any more space or at least, figure out how to. So, I tried to factory reset it,...
  10. Computer will not boot after performing a factory reset.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Computer will not boot after performing a factory reset.: Hello: Just recently I performed a factory reset to a family member's computer. After it shut down to boot back once on the computer would give message more or less like: "Your computer shut down unexpectedly, press ok to restart your computer". -pressed ok- the story...