Windows 10: Performance degrades from 100th percentile to 0th within minutes after clean boot

Discus and support Performance degrades from 100th percentile to 0th within minutes after clean boot in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] So I recently bought a laptop for gaming, ASUS ROG GA502. Ryzen 7 3750h, 16GB of ram, 1660Ti, Intel 660p 512GB. Installed a fresh Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ickmund, Dec 20, 2019.

1. Performance degrades from 100th percentile to 0th within minutes after clean boot

Performance degrades from 100th percentile to 0th within minutes after clean boot KNWkbZD6R9Ewub5MCfKIzp0ScETmuSfgeodw3n0vSoE.jpg

So I recently bought a laptop for gaming, ASUS ROG GA502. Ryzen 7 3750h, 16GB of ram, 1660Ti, Intel 660p 512GB.

Installed a fresh Windows 10 Pro, 64-bit, (same link as in sidebar), but had issues almost instantenously. Updated Windows and drivers, ran memory tests, scanned for virus/malware, optimized disk, no improvements.

What weirds me out and have stopped me from returning the unit right out, is that right after boot it works well. A couple of minutes later, without any activity, it is out-right unusable, as in not being able to load something like GMail.

Anything obvious that could cause this behaviour? Below are user benchmarks for right after boot and a few minutes later.

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/22857116

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/22857295

submitted by /u/ickmund
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ickmund, Dec 20, 2019
  2. Toothless Win User

Silent boot failure

List your specs out and tell us each step in cleaning you did.

Toothless, Dec 20, 2019
  3. Can't Perform Clean Boot

I gave it a go but still no joy unfortunately. Whatever I do it still starts as per original screen shot when it's supposed to be in clean boot.

What I noticed was, even after doing your step 3, (checking 'normal startup' on general tab, and enabling all services 'hide all' box unchecked, and all items in start up enabled) then restarting ....when it boots up (supposedly now in normal mode), if I go into config, the general tab is as following screenshot;

fig2

Performance degrades from 100th percentile to 0th within minutes after clean boot [​IMG]

So it seems as if it never actually boots up in 'normal startup' mode to start with, (although at this stage all services in list are ticked and all items in startup are enabled).

But from here, if I go through your procedure from step 1, and just uncheck the 'load startup items' box on general, etc, etc, then when I reboot, it will always be as my original screenshot (with only a small number of services remaining unchecked and the 'hide all' box having unchecked itself). The following screenshot in how it now looks in general tab (so when it's supposed to be in clean boot);

fig3

Performance degrades from 100th percentile to 0th within minutes after clean boot [​IMG]

I'm not sure whats going on in that 'load system services box there. It's all quite confusing.

ouroboros72, Dec 20, 2019
  4. Donna Men Win User

Performance degrades from 100th percentile to 0th within minutes after clean boot

wifi speed degradation in win 10 laptop

Hi Allen,

So we can further isolate the issue, we suggest that you perform a clean boot
    by following the instructions on this link. This link has the step-by-step procedure on how to perform
    clean boot in Windows 10.

Keep us updated with the result.

Donna Men, Dec 20, 2019
Thema:

Performance degrades from 100th percentile to 0th within minutes after clean boot

1. Performance degrades from 100th percentile to 0th within minutes after clean boot - Similar Threads - Performance degrades 100th

2. How to perform a clean boot?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to perform a clean boot?: How do I perform a clean boot state, what does this mean? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot/945abdd8-02ad-4e7c-be6f-1cce41fd8601
  3. Unable to login after performing clean boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to login after performing clean boot: My Vostro 5402 was having problem allocating virtual memory not related to the current topic so I thought it might be having problem loading settings so I decided to listen to guides on the internet and do a clean boot. However, after restarting the lock screen said there was...
  4. Unable to login after performing clean boot

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Unable to login after performing clean boot: My Vostro 5402 was having problem allocating virtual memory not related to the current topic so I thought it might be having problem loading settings so I decided to listen to guides on the internet and do a clean boot. However, after restarting the lock screen said there was...
  5. Unable to login after performing clean boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Clean install blackscreen after login within a few minutes, no cursor

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Clean install blackscreen after login within a few minutes, no cursor: Hi, I just had some problems with my HDD and wanted to clean install my PC anyways. So i switched off my PC, plugged out the (maybe) broken HDD, rebootet and installed Windows as usual. But the first thing I noticed was a big green stripe on my left hand side of the screen....
  7. Can't login after performing clean boot

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't login after performing clean boot: Hello, While performing clean boot process I made a mistake. I didn't tick the box with 'hide all microsoft services' and I clicked disable all..... Now I'm stucked up in login page where I can't login with pin or Microsoft password.. Please me out. Thank you....
  8. Startup performance degradation...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Startup performance degradation...: There's an app on my system that causes startup performance degradation: [img] The file name in the event viewer is "Devic" and in details tab, the folder name displayed as "C:\Devic". This performance degradation does not happen every day and presumably, during the other...
  9. Slowing and Performance degradation of windows 10 after linux dual booting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Slowing and Performance degradation of windows 10 after linux dual booting: Windows 10 is showing speed and performance degradation after dual booting my pc with linux mint. Firstly, following are the specifications of my pc: 1>Lenovo ideapad 320,intel i3-processor 6th gen CPU 2>4 Gb RAM 3>2Tb hard drive 4>Avg processor speed =2 GHz(approx)...
  10. Can't Perform Clean Boot

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Can't Perform Clean Boot: Hi, For some reason I am unable to perform a clean boot. I'm following the instructions on the Microsoft page carefully but it's not working. I'll explain what's happening with a screenshot in the hope someone can give me some pointers....