Windows 10: Performance is terrible after Windows reinstallation

Discus and support Performance is terrible after Windows reinstallation in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I reinstalled Windows on my ASUS Zenbooks (UX303LN) but performance is terrible - the system often freezes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SeanRico, Apr 24, 2019.

1. SeanRico Win User

Performance is terrible after Windows reinstallation

I reinstalled Windows on my ASUS Zenbooks (UX303LN) but performance is terrible - the system often freezes

:)

SeanRico, Apr 24, 2019
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Performance is terrible after Windows reinstallation :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Apr 24, 2019
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Apr 24, 2019
  4. jpierce55 Win User

Reinstall Windows?

You don't need to reinstall windows. Go to the device manager and remove uninstall the processor and motherboard drivers listed. When you start the system back up you should be able to re-install the new ones. I just changed my mobo/processor Friday, everything is fine.

BTW I have seen some reviews that state practically no difference in using more than 2gb of ram.

jpierce55, Apr 24, 2019
Thema:

1. Performance is terrible after Windows reinstallation - Similar Threads - Performance terrible reinstallation

2. Weird performance changes after reseting/reinstalling windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Weird performance changes after reseting/reinstalling windows 11: Hi,I have an RTX 3090 for a few months now. When I installed it the first time, I had a lot of temperature and noise issues, even in desktop with 0% usage, it would have like 60-65C and the fans would start which would like a lot of noise. I have tried lots of stuff to fix it...
  3. Graphics and performance problems after reinstalling windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Graphics and performance problems after reinstalling windows 10: Hi, I recently reinstalled windows 10, however, I felt like my laptop was more slow and it was showing jagged lines, I made sure that the drivers were installed and they were. I don’t think that this is a hardware problem because before reinstalling it was just fine. Your...
  4. terrible performance after replacing my HDD with an SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    terrible performance after replacing my HDD with an SSD: hello! I apologize if this is not the right place to post this but i am in need of assistance, as i have just replaced my old HDD with a new SSD, and have installed windows on it, and the ssd seems to work fine but my performance in games has drastically dropped for some...
  5. TERRIBLE performance following latest Windows 10 update

TERRIBLE performance following latest Windows 10 update: Excruciatingly slow response with every application. Apps hanging when opened. Operations take FOREVER to complete. Cold Boot multiple times has not solved anything. I have emptied Temp and %Temp% files. Internet extremely slow, too, though I realize this is not Windows'...
  6. Terrible performance, and I have no clue why

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Terrible performance, and I have no clue why: Recently, my computer started to experience big issues playing YouTube videos. I used to be able to watch 1080p60 quality just fine (provided that nothing was loading the network), but now I'm basically stuck to 480p. The videos "buffer" even when there is already buffered...
  7. Project IGI's terrible performance.

Project IGI's terrible performance.: I remember playing Project IGI on my older Windows 7 device with 1gb ram and some old intel's dual core processor and it used to run flawlessly,if i remember correctly. However, in my other device with windows 10 First the game didn't even started showing some error which i...
  8. Game Performance Terrible when Playing on Main Monitor

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Game Performance Terrible when Playing on Main Monitor: Hello Everyone! I'm desperately trying to fix an issue that I've been having ever since I got my new monitor. I can't even really describe the issue because I don't understand it. Basically if I am running a game on my main monitor,...
  9. Windows 10 terrible performance issues

Windows 10 terrible performance issues: So I had a Windows 7 Professional, and yesterday I installed Windows 10, clean installation, not an upgrade. I downloaded CS:GO, and when I went in for a couple of rounds, I noticed a terrible lag. First thing I did was turn off Game DVR. Didn't help. Increased virtual...
  10. [14393.953] Terrible gaming performance

[14393.953] Terrible gaming performance: Hello fellow forum members. Since the update from 14393.693 to 14393.953 I am experiencing very bad performance in several games (Grim Dawn, CS:GO). Alhough more testing is needed the difference is quite noticeable all across the board. Any ideas? Nothing else was...