Windows 10: performance issue after an upgrade from win7

Discus and support performance issue after an upgrade from win7 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; i upgraded from windows 7 to 10 via usb and before my booting time was alot faster and my computer keeps frrezing in short intervals i tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JasimAbbas1, Jun 10, 2020.

1. performance issue after an upgrade from win7

i upgraded from windows 7 to 10 via usb and before my booting time was alot faster and my computer keeps frrezing in short intervals i tried troubleshooting but no issue was found i have 8gb ram i5 processor and i have around 90 gb free in my system drive and 100gb in the other drive please help me

:)

JasimAbbas1, Jun 10, 2020
  2. Rose Cal Win User

can't perform inplace upgrade

Hi,

It is possible that you're unable to perform an in-place upgrade due to having not enough space for your partition. To better assist you, we'd like to gather more information:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article
    to troubleshoot your system reserved partition. It will provide you instructions to increase the available space of your System Reserved Partition.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Jun 10, 2020
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jun 10, 2020
  4. dkwong55 Win User

performance issue after an upgrade from win7

Win7 to Win10 upgrade issue ... 0xC1900101-0x30017 and then 0x40017

hi, Andre,

yes, i think my note did say that i already created the bootable ISO on a DVD and started the Win10 upgrade from there. i already contacted the vendor and he gave me a list of Win10 drivers, suggested the bootable ISO upgrade method but did not recommend
    a new BIOS update.

My PC is a ZOTAC CI320none with an Intel processor running a licensed Win7 Home Premium SP1.

dkwong55, Jun 10, 2020
Thema:

performance issue after an upgrade from win7

1. performance issue after an upgrade from win7 - Similar Threads - performance issue upgrade

2. Synaptics touchpad - scrolling issues after Win7 to Win10 upgrade

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Synaptics touchpad - scrolling issues after Win7 to Win10 upgrade: I have just done an in-place upgrade of Win7 to Win10 (v21H1) on my Samsung RF511 laptop, and I'm discovering various problems as I now try to use the computer. One issue (being explored in another sub-forum) is the snail-like boot-up time. Another seems to me slightly weird....
  3. what to do with folder labeled "win7" after upgrading from win7 to win10?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    what to do with folder labeled "win7" after upgrading from win7 to win10?: the problem is when i download a program or look at a website, it has a low picture quality and it bugs me. my theory is that my os still thinks im windows 7 because i found out that i have a folder named "win7" and the files and programs from my desktop is copied in that...
  4. Windows 10 poor hdd and ssd performance after win7 upgrade

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 poor hdd and ssd performance after win7 upgrade: Anyone knows whats the issue?? My win10 pc must be restarted after some time all the time because the secondary HDD and system SSD when in use gets up to 100% and high avg. response time which slows the system down. After a restart everything's good for a while. I didn't had...
  5. Windows 10 slow hdd performance after win7 upgrade

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 slow hdd performance after win7 upgrade: Anyone knows whats the issue?? My win10 pc must be restarted after some time all the time because my non-system secondary HDD gets up to 100% and very high avg. response time which bogs the whole system down, even though the windows is instaled on an ssd. After a restart...
  6. Blank icons after upgrading from Win7 to 1903

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Blank icons after upgrading from Win7 to 1903: We have a task that upgrades our Windows 7 computers to Windows 10, build 1903. Works fine with one exception. Just about all of the system/program icons on the desktop/taskbar and Start Menu are blank. SFC /scannow finds nothing, rebuilding the icon cache does nothing. One...
  7. upgrading from win7 to win10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    upgrading from win7 to win10: I can't find HP ProtectTools Device Access Manager to uninstall. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrading-from-win7-to-win10/f289a046-d68b-471b-8f6f-de8ed5ccafa6
  8. Just upgraded from Win7 to 10, strange audio issues.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Just upgraded from Win7 to 10, strange audio issues.: So I used a speaker and a headset, one for normal use and one for chatting with my mates. Because I didn't want the hassle of replugging it in everytime I want to use it, I got an audio splitter and plugged both in. Worked like a charm. Then today, for fear of the...
  9. After Upgrading from win7 to win10, nothing works.

After Upgrading from win7 to win10, nothing works.: I recently done an upgrade from Win7 Pro to Win10 Pro and having issues. For starter, the start menu doesn't open. Search, Settings, Updates & Securities, Apps & Features and the list goes on will not open. Event MS Edge doesn't open. Basically anything that belongs to...
  10. Upgrading from win7 to win10

Upgrading from win7 to win10: Hello, I have 4 PCs; I was able to upgrade 3, but the fourth one the desktop I couldn't upgrade it. I followed all the workarounds and solution were offered I downloaded the Windows Creation Tool and still cannot update. What should I do? 13716