Windows 10: Performance Issue When Minimize App

Discus and support Performance Issue When Minimize App in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; hi, I have a little problem here. Well, I ran the programansys and it was running at 100% CPU usage. And these are ideal conditions. Then, when I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Diwanto Riko Sitanggang, Jul 10, 2024.

1. Performance Issue When Minimize App

hi, I have a little problem here. Well, I ran the programansys and it was running at 100% CPU usage. And these are ideal conditions. Then, when I opened another application and minimized it the Ansys application the CPU usage decreased and the analysis time increased. Meanwhile, when the ANSYS is displayed again, CPU usage returns to 100% and the analysis time in the ANSYS returns to normal, decreasing. Is there a solution to this problem because honestly this is very annoying in doing some work. Thank You.

:)

Diwanto Riko Sitanggang, Jul 10, 2024
  2. Anna Bon Win User

Device Performance & Health feature

This can be an issue with the old driver, update or hardware. However, for us to fully identify what is causing the issue, we may need to perform some troubleshooting steps. Please follow the steps below and check if it helps:

Step 1: Use System File Checker to check for system file corruption.

• Right-click (or press and hold) the Start 
      button, then select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Enter sfc/scannow(note the space between "sfc" and "/").
    Step 2: Perform a clean boot. It will start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers
    and start up programs. It will also eliminate software conflicts that could occur when you install a program, or an update, or when you run a program in Windows.

Once done, check if your Device Performance & Health will work and generate a report.

Let us know the result of the suggested steps.

Thank you.

Anna Bon, Jul 10, 2024
  3. Taskbar is there, but no icons pinned, or appear when minimized?

Hi Zem,

Thank for replying to us with the status of your issue.

We appreciate you for trying the troubleshooting steps.

As the issue still persists, I suggest you to start you system in safe mode and check if the issue persist. If in safe mode, issue didn’t persist then, perform a clean boot and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

Step 1: To start your system in safe mode follow the below steps:

• Press and hold Shift key and restart your Computer.

• Select Troubleshoot.

• Select Advance Option.

• Select Startup Settings.

• Follow the on Screen instruction.

Step 2: Perform Clean boot.

A clean boot is performed to start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This helps eliminate software conflicts that occur when you install a program.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows - Microsoft Support

Note: Steps mentioned for Windows 8/8.1, will work fine with Windows 10.

Disclaimer: Please go through the section: How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot of the Kb article to boot the computer in normal startup after fixing the issue.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Jul 10, 2024
  4. Johan45 Win User

Performance Issue When Minimize App

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jul 10, 2024
Thema:

Performance Issue When Minimize App

1. Performance Issue When Minimize App - Similar Threads - Performance Issue Minimize

2. Performance Issue When Minimize App

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Performance Issue When Minimize App: hi, I have a little problem here. Well, I ran the programansys and it was running at 100% CPU usage. And these are ideal conditions. Then, when I opened another application and minimized it the Ansys application the CPU usage decreased and the analysis time increased....
  3. PC Performance Issue: Sudden Slowdown with Minimal Resource Usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Performance Issue: Sudden Slowdown with Minimal Resource Usage: Hi everyone, I'm experiencing a sudden and perplexing slowdown with my PC. I use it primarily for video editing and VFX, so it's a fairly powerful setup. Here are the specs: CPU: Intel i9 12900 RAM: 64GB DDR5 GPU: Nvidia RTX 3090 Motherboard built on MSI Z690 Unify The issue...
  4. PC Performance Issue: Sudden Slowdown with Minimal Resource Usage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC Performance Issue: Sudden Slowdown with Minimal Resource Usage: Hi everyone, I'm experiencing a sudden and perplexing slowdown with my PC. I use it primarily for video editing and VFX, so it's a fairly powerful setup. Here are the specs: CPU: Intel i9 12900 RAM: 64GB DDR5 GPU: Nvidia RTX 3090 Motherboard built on MSI Z690 Unify The issue...
  5. Apps are being closed when minimized

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apps are being closed when minimized: My laptop, Samsung Galaxy Book GO keeps closing my apps when i minimize them. I asked Samsung and they said it might be in the system tray...but it isn't there......
  6. Apps are being closed when minimized

Apps are being closed when minimized: My laptop, Samsung Galaxy Book GO keeps closing my apps when i minimize them. I asked Samsung and they said it might be in the system tray...but it isn't there......
  7. Photos app performance issue

Photos app performance issue: I have experienced what I consider to be a bug or t least a performance issue with the built-in Microsoft Photos App in Windows 10.The issue is that it is not letting me change the destination for importation of my pictures that I am trying to import, This happens with my...
  8. [ISSUE] Apps defocusing/minimizing randomly.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    [ISSUE] Apps defocusing/minimizing randomly.: So, I've had this problem for a while, either chrome defocuses and I have to click to focus back or either my full-screen game minimizes. I've tried virus scanning, WDefender and malware bytes, many "fixes" like changing settings and stuff, none worked. submitted by...
  9. Apps close when minimizing them

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Apps close when minimizing them: Hello, I have an issue with certain apps that always close when I left-click them on the taskbar or minimize them in the window. Whenever I click certain apps, they will just automatically close and I’ll have to re-launch them. The same thing happens when I click minimize....
  10. Search App performance issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Search App performance issue: The SearchApp.exe keep indexing the computer, causing high CPU usage and more importantly, it increase the noise from the cooling fan by a LOT. I understand the importance of this app since it provide most search service within Windows system. So I want Microsoft to make two...