Windows 10: Performance issues in games while using an Xbox One S controller via bluetooth

Discus and support Performance issues in games while using an Xbox One S controller via bluetooth in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I've run into this issue with multiple devices using varying bluetooth modules and Windows versions where I go to use an Xbox One S controller with my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by sconrad14, Jan 15, 2020.

1. sconrad14 Win User

Performance issues in games while using an Xbox One S controller via bluetooth

I've run into this issue with multiple devices using varying bluetooth modules and Windows versions where I go to use an Xbox One S controller with my system's built in bluetooth module and my games become unplayable due to the FPS drops and system lag. As soon as the controller is switched to a wired connection or xbox usb adapter it fixes the issue immediately and performance goes right back to normal. I've tried reinstalling, updating the bluetooth driver and the xbox controller firmware and it's still happening. I've also reinstalled windows, and have used multiple versions of Windows 10 but nothing has resolved this issue and i'm sure i'm not the only user effected by this.

Please fix this Microsoft. There has been no resolution for this issue and i'd like to use my xbox controller with a standard bluetooth module instead of the USB adapter or wire.

My current motherboard and OS version which I was trying to use the bluetooth module from:
    OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Home
    Version 10.0.18362 Build 18362
    BaseBoard Product ROG MAXIMUS XI HERO WI-FI

:)

sconrad14, Jan 15, 2020

2. Windows 10 Xbox One S Wireless Controller issue with Dark Souls Series

Hi ajhakra,

Incorrect configuration setting is one of the potential reasons why your controller keeps on crashing when playing the game Dark Souls. To help you resolve this concern, I need to collect more information. Kindly answer the questions below:

• Were you able to play the game Dark Souls using the Xbox One S wireless controller before?
    • Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the affected game?
    • Have you tried updating your Xbox One S controller?

Meanwhile, I suggest that you perform the troubleshooting steps provide on the link below:

Connect and troubleshoot Bluetooth on your Xbox One Wireless Controller

Wilfred Mac, Jan 15, 2020
  3. ajhakra Win User
    Windows 10 Xbox One S Wireless Controller issue with Dark Souls Series

Hi Wilfried,

I was able to play Dark Souls using the Xbox One S wireless controller before. The issue may relate to one of my hard drives failing and being replaced.

I have tried uninstalling all of the games fully and reinstalling them but it hasn't fixed the issue.

I have tried to update my controller but the Xbox Accessories app is telling me that it is already up-to-date.

I have also performed the troubleshooting steps in that link already, to no avail.

ajhakra, Jan 15, 2020
  4. Performance issues in games while using an Xbox One S controller via bluetooth

Xbox Controller in Windows

Hey there Tomas

Thanks for reaching out!

I suggest that you try updating
    your Xbox One controller. To do this, kindly follow the steps provided on the links below:

If the issue persists, I strongly
    recommend contacting our Xbox Customer Support
    for further troubleshooting steps.

Kindly update us with the results.

XBF Erick C, Jan 15, 2020
Thema:

Performance issues in games while using an Xbox One S controller via bluetooth

1. Performance issues in games while using an Xbox One S controller via bluetooth - Similar Threads - Performance issues games

2. XBOX One S Controller / PC / Bluetooth

in Windows 10 Gaming
    XBOX One S Controller / PC / Bluetooth: hi so my pc just stop recognizing my controller via bluetooth, the controller is fine, bluetooth is fine, i've tested them on my brother's pc and they're fine. i've tested my second controller on my pc and also fine.my pc won't recognize this specific controller. if i try to...
  3. XBOX One S Controller / PC / Bluetooth

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    XBOX One S Controller / PC / Bluetooth: hi so my pc just stop recognizing my controller via bluetooth, the controller is fine, bluetooth is fine, i've tested them on my brother's pc and they're fine. i've tested my second controller on my pc and also fine.my pc won't recognize this specific controller. if i try to...
  4. XBOX One S Controller / PC / Bluetooth

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Xbox One Controller issues bluetooth

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Xbox One Controller issues bluetooth: This is driving me crazy because it happened all of a sudden and I cannot fix it. Currently my bluetooth stack will connect any xinput controller or dinput controller and the drivers ALL show up. In Devices And Printers all of the controllers will show up. But in "Game...
  6. Xbox One Controller not connecting via bluetooth.

Xbox One Controller not connecting via bluetooth.: HI, i have a windows 10 desktop and a external bluetooth adapter. when i try to connect my xbox controller via bluetooth it gives a error message " check the pin and try again".?? i tried connecting the controller to my brother's laptop its connecting properly and working...
  7. xbox one s controller not connecting to bluetooth

xbox one s controller not connecting to bluetooth: so I have been using my xbox on s controller on my pc for awhile, when my controller disconnects I remove the deivce and reconnect it, it normally works fine and reconnects, tho yesterday I did that same thing and went to go connect it, but now it shows up as input and not...
  8. Xbox One controller via Bluetooth

Xbox One controller via Bluetooth: Hello, I have a problem with my Xbox One controller connecting to my PC via Bluetooth. Not a serious problem, but still a problem: I can connect my controller to my PC via Bluetooth and everything is okay. The problem is that when I don't use the controller it goes to sleep...
  9. Xbox one s controller does not connect to pc via bluetooth

Xbox one s controller does not connect to pc via bluetooth: So... I bough a brand new original xbox one s controller (with bluetooth version) so that I could play with it on my pc (Windows 10 with latest updates). I also bough a usb bluetooth dongle from Amazon so that I could play wireless but I am unable to connect it to my pc....
  10. Xbox One S Controller - Cable to Bluetooth issues

Xbox One S Controller - Cable to Bluetooth issues: Can someone explain to my WHY the Xbox One S controller isn't recognized anymore by Windows 10 Bluetooth after unplugging it with the USB cable. If i run out of batteries and i use the controller with a Cable it works fine but, when i put batteries back on... the Controller...