Windows 10: Performance issues when connected to power

Discus and support Performance issues when connected to power in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I am having this weird situation where, when I connect my laptop to power the performance drops down significantly.Games like Horizon 4 which work... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Roscosmo, Mar 13, 2020.

1. Roscosmo Win User

Performance issues when connected to power

I am having this weird situation where, when I connect my laptop to power the performance drops down significantly.Games like Horizon 4 which work absolutely fine on battery, start lagging as soon as I connect it to power the car turns/accelerates seconds after I press the keys.

Other normal tasks seem to work fine, browsing, Netflix etc.

I just reset my Laptop yesterday hoping that it would solve the issue but it didn't. Also Ihave enabled high performance mode and game mode.

None of this seems to work.

I am attaching a screenshot of my performance monitor report which ran when I connected my laptop to power.

The PC was completely idle and no apps were running in the background when I started the test.

Everything works fine on battery the problem only kicks in when I connect it to the external power brick.

Performance issues when connected to power 652e81bd-9dfa-4af5-a2ad-6966953ce3bf?upload=true.png

:)

Roscosmo, Mar 13, 2020

2. Issues with the performance and the connectivity in Windows 10

Hi Krishna,

Please answer the below questions to assist you better.

1. When you say “connectivity” what is the exact issue you are facing?

2. Did you make any changes in the settings of the system prior to this issue?

As you say that the system is slow and the file explorer doesn't responds well i suggest you to perform the System Maintenance troubleshooter which improves the performance of the computer. Follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: Run the System Maintenance troubleshooter

Please follow the steps to run System Maintenance troubleshooter on the computer:

• Type “Control Panel” on the search box.
    • Click on Troubleshooting.
    • Click on View all option on the left side of the Windows.
    • Click on System Maintenance option.
    • Click on Next and follow the onscreen instructions to troubleshoot the issue.
    • Check if it has improved the performance.
    If you are facing issues with the connectivity I suggest you to refer the Microsoft article and perform all the troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Fix network connection issues

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-network-connection-issues

Hope this helps in issues with the performance of the computer and the connectivity.
    Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Mar 13, 2020
  3. power issue

Hello,

Most of the time, this issue is caused by external devices that are possibly keeping the PC active which then results in the screen/display not turning off even after you've set the power settings. Try disconnecting any external devices, usually gaming devices,
    and check if the issue persists.

We also suggest running the Power troubleshooter to automatically troubleshoot any power issue. Just follow the steps below:

• Click on Search/Cortana, and then type Troubleshooting.
    • Click on Troubleshooting.
    • Click on System and Security.
    • Click on Power.

Let us know if that worked out for you.

Michelle Vil, Mar 13, 2020
  4. Arun B J Win User

Windows 10 power issue

Hi Adithyaram,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern regarding the issue that you are facing.

I suggest you to follow the steps bellow and check if it helps

Method 1: Hardware Troubleshoot

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with power. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Power.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Power troubleshooter

Method 2: I suggest you to update drivers and check if that helps. If that issue persist please uninstall and reinstall latest drivers available in manufacturer website. Both Display
    driver and Audio drivers.

• Press “Windows + X” and select Device manger.
    • Select Display Adapter and expand the driver icon.
    • Right click on the driver icon and click on Update.
    • Follow the onscreen instructions to update the driver.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Mar 13, 2020
Thema:

1. Performance issues when connected to power - Similar Threads - Performance issues connected

2. performance issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    performance issues: Hi Microsoft team,Good morning!! I have a Lenovo laptop with i7 processor and since I registered in windows insider program I got my windows 11 update even though my hardware requirements were not met I got windows 11 but my touchpad is not working properly and its getting...
  3. Performance issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Performance issues: i was working with my pc as usual, till one day right now when i about to boot up my pc, it loads very slow, harddisk rotating sounds very unusual and when logged in, not even 2 minutes my pc automatically shutdown, i mean like when your pc is in use and they like "pop" shut...
  4. High Performance when choosing power plans

High Performance when choosing power plans: Hello Microsoft employee, While trying to create a power plan, when trying to choose out of three options Balanced, Power saver, and High performance it automatically makes me choose Balanced as the only option and won't let me change it to the other two options. When...
  5. Performance issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Performance issues: I'm going to try and keep this simple. My Windows 10 PC started having a performance and temperature problem a few weeks ago. My CPU temperature goes up to about 60-70 Celsius in idle and in Overwatch, my FPS drops to 210-213 max. One way of fixing this was by keeping the...
  6. Performance issues on battery power - FPS and Latency

Performance issues on battery power - FPS and Latency: Hi, so this happened after I applied a troubleshoot settings on my laptop for 'Power'. Many full-screen applications experienced FPS drop and increased latency. I tried looking for power's additional settings, but failed to resolved the problem. Anyone could help me with...
  7. High Performance Power Plan and Ultimate Performance Power Plan.

High Performance Power Plan and Ultimate Performance Power Plan.: What is the real difference between the High Performance Power Plan and Ultimate Performance Power Plan? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/high-performance-power-plan-and-ultimate/6625509a-a16e-4c61-a36f-a7c9a5d7ce5c
  8. performance issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    performance issues: last year (october) there was a windows update that caused my laptop, and many others to have major performance issues while playing games. before the update: -100fps -medium/high game settings after the update: -10-50fps -low game settings -can run 60fps+ for...
  9. Power Processor Performance

in Windows 10 Customization
    Power Processor Performance: I was running high performance on my hp desktop, but now when I checked the settings the minimum and maximum settings are gone, nothing there but system cooling? So what happen to those two settings? Moved from: Windows 10 / Performance & system failures...
  10. Power Processor Performance

Power Processor Performance: I was running high performance on my hp desktop, but now when I checked the settings the minimum and maximum settings are gone, nothing there but system cooling? So what happen to those two settings?...