Windows 10: Performance issues windows 10 after motherboard change

Discus and support Performance issues windows 10 after motherboard change in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi all My old motherboard broke and I have replaced it with a new one but I am now getting performance issues. Most apps open very slowly and have a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by davidt123, Jul 26, 2019.

1. davidt123 Win User

Performance issues windows 10 after motherboard change

Hi all

My old motherboard broke and I have replaced it with a new one but I am now getting performance issues.

Most apps open very slowly and have a (not responding) crash when I close them, the video player is very buggy in playback for local files, file explorer is very slow etc.

I originally had an o.e.m version of windows and will be repurchasing from the windows store to reactivate windows 10 but i need to ask if this will resolve the issues I'm currently having or will I need to take extra steps like resetting the pc from the recovery tab of settings and then reactivating with a new licence?

Thanks for any help!

:)

davidt123, Jul 26, 2019

2. Issues with the performance and the connectivity in Windows 10

Hi Krishna,

Please answer the below questions to assist you better.

1. When you say “connectivity” what is the exact issue you are facing?

2. Did you make any changes in the settings of the system prior to this issue?

As you say that the system is slow and the file explorer doesn't responds well i suggest you to perform the System Maintenance troubleshooter which improves the performance of the computer. Follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: Run the System Maintenance troubleshooter

Please follow the steps to run System Maintenance troubleshooter on the computer:

• Type “Control Panel” on the search box.
    • Click on Troubleshooting.
    • Click on View all option on the left side of the Windows.
    • Click on System Maintenance option.
    • Click on Next and follow the onscreen instructions to troubleshoot the issue.
    • Check if it has improved the performance.
    If you are facing issues with the connectivity I suggest you to refer the Microsoft article and perform all the troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Fix network connection issues

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-network-connection-issues

Hope this helps in issues with the performance of the computer and the connectivity.
    Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Jul 26, 2019
  3. Juzar_Ali Win User
    Windows 10 License (after motherboard change)

Hi Harsh,

Please be informed that your copy of Windows 10 should get activated automatically after changing the motherboard (once you enter the linked Microsoft Account details). But if you face any issues,
    I suggest you to go through Phone activation to activate your Windows 10 copy.

To run Phone activation please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows + R key.

• Type slui 4 and hit enter.

• Select the Country or
      Region.

• Follow the on screen instructions.

Hope this helps. Please respond if you have any further related query.

Thank you.

Juzar_Ali, Jul 26, 2019
  4. Arun B J Win User

Windows 10 performance Issues

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Method 1. Try updating the Display drivers from the manufacturer's website and check if the issue persists.

Follow the steps to update the audio drivers:

a. Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.

b. Expand Display Adapter and Select Graphic .

c. Right-click on the Graphic and click on Update driver software.

d. Restart the computer and check.

Method 2: Windows has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with system. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your System
    Maintenance.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the System Maintenance troubleshooter.

I suggest you to refer the link below and check if it helps.

Troubleshoot blue screen errors

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-blue-screen-errors

Troubleshoot black screen problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

Additional information.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/...-8&v1h=win8tab1&v2h=win7tab1&v3h=winvistatab1

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Arun B J, Jul 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Performance issues windows 10 after motherboard change - Similar Threads - Performance issues motherboard

2. Windows Activation Issues on Windows 10 PC after motherboard changed.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Activation Issues on Windows 10 PC after motherboard changed.: Hello Team I just had my Windows 10 PC motherboard changed. Now I am running into Windows Activation Issues. On my Microsoft account 2 devices are being shown with same details. I have an OEM license. Output of slmgr -dli command is as below. Can i go ahead and unlink both...
  3. Windows Activation Issues on Windows 10 PC after motherboard changed.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Activation Issues on Windows 10 PC after motherboard changed.: Hello Team I just had my Windows 10 PC motherboard changed. Now I am running into Windows Activation Issues. On my Microsoft account 2 devices are being shown with same details. I have an OEM license. Output of slmgr -dli command is as below. Can i go ahead and unlink both...
  4. Windows Activation Issues on Windows 10 PC after motherboard changed.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Reactivating Windows 10 After Changing Motherboards

Reactivating Windows 10 After Changing Motherboards: Several years ago I purchased a Windows 7 Ultimate Key that I no longer have. A year or so ago I upgraded this computer to Windows 10. I recently purchased a new motherboard. Before I went to install and swap my hardware over I was worried about not having the key anymore, so...
  6. Windows 10 activation after changing motherboard

Windows 10 activation after changing motherboard: So I changed motherboard and it says that I need to reactivate Windows, I log in to my Microsoft account (i got windows 10 free from a windows 7 upgrade a while ago) I let Windows diagnose the problem, they say that there has been a report of hardware change, I press the...
  7. Windows 10 Home Activation Issue after Motherboard Change

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Home Activation Issue after Motherboard Change: I recently had my PC repaired and had to send it back to the seller for a replacement motherboard. It is telling me I need to reactivate Widows 10 Home. However when I run the trouble-shooter and select' recently changed hardware' then select the device it fails to activate...
  8. Issues reactivating windows after changing motherboard

Issues reactivating windows after changing motherboard: Hey all. I replaced my motherboard on this computer earlier today, and haven't been able to activate windows. The windows license I had on this computer prior to replacing the motherboard was a Windows 10 pro license purchased directly from Microsoft about 2 years ago, when I...
  9. Issue Activating Windows After Changing Motherboard and CPU

Issue Activating Windows After Changing Motherboard and CPU: I recently upgraded my CPU and Motherboard, but after doing so my Windows 10 Pro is no longer activated. I haven't done anything to my hard drive, other than hooking it up to the new CPU and Motherboard. I've tried re-entering my Windows Product Key, but it gives me an error....
  10. Activating Windows 10 after a motherboard change issues

Activating Windows 10 after a motherboard change issues: My previous motherboard was fried unexpectantly. I change out to a new motherboard and now windows is telling me that I need to activate it. I don't have a product key since my windows account uses a digital license connected to my windows account, which I am logged into....