Windows 10: Performance issues with Ham Radio apps after installing MalwareBytes on fresh Windows...

Discus and support Performance issues with Ham Radio apps after installing MalwareBytes on fresh Windows... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Ham Radio apps. https://dxlabsuite.com uses Jet Engine. A "corrupt' Windows 10 has been replaced by a squeaky-clean Re-install of Windows 10,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Gary_S_1943, Jul 3, 2019.

1. Performance issues with Ham Radio apps after installing MalwareBytes on fresh Windows...

Ham Radio apps. https://dxlabsuite.com uses Jet Engine.

A "corrupt' Windows 10 has been replaced by a squeaky-clean Re-install of Windows 10, including #1903 feature set.

All of the PC's software was re-installed (except for MalwareBytes). Then, Look-up tests using the Ham Radio apps. were conducted, and they were blazing fast; almost instantaneous.

Then, MalwareBytes was re-installed, and these simple Look-up tests were performed again. The response was very disappointing, taking typically 2-->4 seconds to do what had been an instantaneous Look-up.

MalwareBytes Tech. Support was very creative & supportive, and we tried several internal malware parameters. They made only a small improvement in the Look-up response time.

Got any Jet Engine consultants who might want to help out here ? Maybe the inter-operability of MalwareBytes with Jet Engine....?

Thanks,

Gary

***Original title: Are there experts here on the Microsoft Jet Engine product ?***

:)

Gary_S_1943, Jul 3, 2019

2. How do I find & solve the cause of MalwareBytes' impact on my Ham Radio apps ? (No, they couldn't...)

BACKGROUND

Unknown gremlins were impacting the response of my 3rdParty Ham Radio apps, slowing down look-ups to a crawl.

MalwareBytes' Tech. Support & MalwareBytes' development engineers were directly involved, having me create custom logs and sending them for analysis. They could find no reason that MB was slowing down my Apps.

After trying many ideas from Community people (Thank you all !), I decided I had to get a clean O/S.

Suspecting that my Windows 10 had become "corrupted," I did a Re-Install of the O/S. I received excellent guidance from DavidM121 in the Community during a very long and detailed process.

AFTER THE RE-INSTALL OF WINDOWS 10

I did a careful and complete Recovery, using my nightly Back-ups. My PC is operating very well again.

Everything was restored in my PC EXCEPT for MalwareBytes - my strategic decision. I did some baseline performance testing of the Ham Radio Apps., now with a clean Windows 10 environment, and NO MalwareBytes.

Holy Cow ! I'm now getting "nearly instantaneous" responses on each Look-up VS .. taking 4--> 8 seconds before, with "corrupt" Windows 10 & MalwareBytes.

So the "response" problem was solved via the Re-Install. Next, I downloaded and installed MalwareBytes, to see its impact.

And I did the same Look-up testing in the Ham Radio apps. VERY DISAPPOINTED, to see that the response time now is just as bad as it was before I did the Re-Install of Windows 10.

With only limited faith in MalwareBytes' capability now.........is there someone in the Community that can help me to try to learn what exactly is happening when I initiate a Lookup ? Is there a way to set up an Event Log, so we can see each instruction
    of the affected apps....and identity what may be causing this major delay in how the anti-malware software is impacting the performance of a simple Lookup.

The ON or OFF of MalwareBytes' Real-time Protection has no impact. The Look-ups in the Ham Radio apps. are slow in either mode.

Can someone in The Community help me on this ?

Regards,

Gary

Gary_S_1943, Jul 3, 2019
  3. How to find "hidden" Start-up apps that are slowing down my Ham Radio applications

I de-installed MalwareBytes.

And then tried the Look-up tests again, using the Ham Radio Apps.

Very fast response, filling in data on 4 different windows, in 4-5 seconds. Not 15 seconds w/MalwareBytes installed.

I'm working with the MalwareBytes Support guys, to try to find out what's happening...

Gary_S_1943, Jul 3, 2019
  4. Suman_B Win User

Performance issues with Ham Radio apps after installing MalwareBytes on fresh Windows...

How do I find & solve the cause of MalwareBytes' impact on my Ham Radio apps ? (No, they couldn't...)

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

If Ham radio app is running slow after installing Malwarebytes, you can check in a

clean boot

Clean Boot:

A “clean boot” starts Windows with a minimal set of drivers and startup programs, so that you can determine whether a background program is interfering with your game or program.

Your computer may temporarily lose some functionality while in a clean boot environment, however that functionality will return when you
    reset the computer to start normally after
    you have finished your troubleshooting.

If you still have issues, you need to contact Malwarebytes and let them know this happens only when Malwarebytes is installed

Contact information of
    Malwarebytes support

Thanks,

Suman.B

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Suman_B, Jul 3, 2019
Thema:

Performance issues with Ham Radio apps after installing MalwareBytes on fresh Windows...

1. Performance issues with Ham Radio apps after installing MalwareBytes on fresh Windows... - Similar Threads - Performance issues Ham

2. Issues With USBs After a Fresh Install of Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues With USBs After a Fresh Install of Windows: Hi everyone, I apologize for my lack of knowledge on the topic, but I will try to describe my issue as best as I can.Recently for a number of reasons I had to install a completely fresh version of windows on my computer. I did this through a USB. I have one large USB that I...
  3. Issues With USBs After a Fresh Install of Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issues With USBs After a Fresh Install of Windows: Hi everyone, I apologize for my lack of knowledge on the topic, but I will try to describe my issue as best as I can.Recently for a number of reasons I had to install a completely fresh version of windows on my computer. I did this through a USB. I have one large USB that I...
  4. Issues With USBs After a Fresh Install of Windows

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Issues with Windows activation after fresh install?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues with Windows activation after fresh install?: So here is the situation: My friend recently gave me his PC system with a valid and activated Windows 10 installation on it. Obviously his Microsoft account is still signed in and connected to this installation. The problem is neither he nor I have access to that account we...
  6. Issues with Windows activation after fresh install?

Issues with Windows activation after fresh install?: So here is the situation: My friend recently gave me his PC system with a valid and activated Windows 10 installation on it. Obviously his Microsoft account is still signed in and connected to this installation. The problem is neither he nor I have access to that account we...
  7. Issues with Windows activation after fresh install?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  8. TuneIn Radio App Issue

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    TuneIn Radio App Issue: I downloaded the TuneIn app a few months ago and it was working fine. Then it would load. I've tried the app repair feature, uninstalling and reinstalling but it keeps coming up with an error....
  9. Performing a Windows "Fresh Start" and pre-installed apps on my computer

Performing a Windows "Fresh Start" and pre-installed apps on my computer: Window says : Fresh start removes third-party antivirus software and all apps that don't come standard with Windows. This includes Microsoft apps such as Office, any desktop apps that came preinstalled on your device, and any Windows desktop apps, such as your device...
  10. How do I find & solve the cause of MalwareBytes' impact on my Ham Radio apps ? (No, they...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I find & solve the cause of MalwareBytes' impact on my Ham Radio apps ? (No, they...: BACKGROUND Unknown gremlins were impacting the response of my 3rdParty Ham Radio apps, slowing down look-ups to a crawl. MalwareBytes' Tech. Support & MalwareBytes' development engineers were directly involved, having me create custom logs and sending them for analysis....