Windows 10: ** Performance may vary based on SSD's firmware version??

Discus and support ** Performance may vary based on SSD's firmware version?? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Looking at this on AmazonSamsung 860 EVO 500GB 2.5 Inch SATA III Internal SSD (MZ-76E500B/AM) https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...IKX0DER&psc=1#... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by phaedruspress, Nov 17, 2018.

1. ** Performance may vary based on SSD's firmware version??

Looking at this on AmazonSamsung 860 EVO 500GB 2.5 Inch SATA III Internal SSD (MZ-76E500B/AM)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...IKX0DER&psc=1#

and it says,"Enhanced performance**Speeds are consistent, even under heavy workloads- etc.\and thenbelow it says ** Performance may vary based on SSD's firmware version and system hardware & configuration..I get the system hardware & configurationdetails but what about firmware? I also getthat some exact models of Samsung 860 EVO 500GB 2.5 Inch SATA III Internal SSD (MZ-76E500B/AM)may have different firmware depending on when they were manufactured but doesn't this alsomean that all models of Samsung 860 EVO 500GB 2.5 Inch SATA III Internal SSD (MZ-76E500B/AM) can have their firmware upgraded to the exact same version? That is to say once the firmware is upgraded assuming thatit can be performance should NOT VARY on the exact same model. Or am I reading all this all wrong? TIA.

:)

phaedruspress, Nov 17, 2018

2. A-Data Ships XPG SX95 and S592 SSDs with New Windows 7 TRIM Firmware

Hmm somethings a miss there, namely the fact there are only 3 features listed twice *Roll Eyes ** Performance may vary based on SSD's firmware version?? :rolleyes:

InTeL-iNsIdE, Nov 17, 2018
  3. btarunr Win User
    Crucial Releases "000F" Firmware Update for M4 SSD, Enhances Power-Loss Protection

Crucial is known for issuing firmware updates for its M4 series SSDs that bring significant improvements, be it the 0009 update that introduced performance improvements by as much as 20%, or the 0309 update that fixed a lot of BSOD instability issues. Introduced on Wednesday, the newest firmware update, "000F", introduces the following changes:
    • Improved compatibility with certain SAS expanders and peripheral RAID cards.
    • Improved throughput stability under extremely heavy workloads.
    • Improved data protection in the event of unexpected, asynchronous power loss.
    With higher performance, improved OS-level stability, and now with higher throughput stability and improved data protection in the event of power loss, Crucial M4 is closer to being the perfect consumer SSD.

DOWNLOAD: Crucial M4 000F Firmware Update Windows 7 Updater Utility, Manual Boot File, Instructions

btarunr, Nov 17, 2018
  4. fusionblu Win User

** Performance may vary based on SSD's firmware version??

firmware upgrade for ssd worth anything??

Couldn't say anything definite for Plextor, but as for my experience with Samsung 840 SSDs from the Pro and EVO I can at least confirm that the firmware update does not blow up the SSD and from my experience with my own 840 Pro 256GB and 840 EVO 1TB it updated them with no issue and no data was deleted.
    However when doing firmware updates it is recommended that you back up first as data can be completely wiped while doing a firmware update and there is no guarantee as to whether data will be retained or not.

As for performance increases with my Samsung SSDs I did not notice any differences in real world performance and there was very little difference in performance with the benchmark from CrystalDiskMark.

I have updated two OCZ Vertex 2 Bigfoot 3.5" SSDs before and it was a similar experience too with no failures occuring, but it did reveal to me that one of the SSDs was possibly faulty and was at least not as good as the other SSD as I had seen in a benchmark I ran at the time. Other difference was I formatted both SSDs as I wanted a new operating system installed and I was using both in Raid 0.

General overall results from doing a firmware update is that performance increase is not guaranteed, but should not decrease performance and firmware update could reveal a fault with the SSD.
    Results vary with different models or make of SSDs.

fusionblu, Nov 17, 2018
  5. Also defends upon the processor model , its cache memory , ram memory like ddr4 ghz value , running applications background

RAJU.MSC.MATHEMATICS, Nov 29, 2018
Thema:

** Performance may vary based on SSD's firmware version??

1. ** Performance may vary based on SSD's firmware version?? - Similar Threads - Performance may vary

2. Slow performance on ssd.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow performance on ssd.: My laptop lenovo ideapad320 was so slow in booting and other daily use , so i bought an ssd and installed windows 10 on it and it was good and fast Now i upgraded to win11 , my boot is still so fast but my daily use of the windows is so slow.Note : in downloaded all the...
  3. Slow performance on ssd.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Slow performance on ssd.: My laptop lenovo ideapad320 was so slow in booting and other daily use , so i bought an ssd and installed windows 10 on it and it was good and fast Now i upgraded to win11 , my boot is still so fast but my daily use of the windows is so slow.Note : in downloaded all the...
  4. Windows not performing on new SSD.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows not performing on new SSD.: I got a new SSD and i installed windows, it works fine for sometime and becomes extremely slow and then when i try to restart, it takes about 10 minutes. I've tried windows 8 as well, same problem. But Ubuntu works fine, what am i missing? I've used windows 10 previously on...
  5. nvme ssd slow performance after upgrade to windows 11 on intel based processors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    nvme ssd slow performance after upgrade to windows 11 on intel based processors: KB5007262 I am told is fix for AMD and ARM processors. I could find no version available for download in Microsoft Update Catalog for Intel based 64 bit processors . Is there a different update available for Intel?...
  6. nvme ssd slow performance after upgrade to windows 11 on intel based processors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    nvme ssd slow performance after upgrade to windows 11 on intel based processors: KB5007262 I am told is fix for AMD and ARM processors. I could find no version available for download in Microsoft Update Catalog for Intel based 64 bit processors . Is there a different update available for Intel?...
  7. Increasing SSD performance?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Increasing SSD performance?: Hi, I just migrated from an old intel 240GB SSD to a newer Samsung EVO 860 1TB SSD. This is the 5GB benchmark I did: https://ibb.co/wLcpw5V I saw some get much higher 4K-64Thrd on the read and write. See here for example:...
  8. SSD may be Bad

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SSD may be Bad: every time I boot to windows I get a recovey post but if I restart again it will boot into windows is there software i can check the disk with it ia a Samsung HDD 155872
  9. Surface family May 2019 firmware and drivers update

in Windows 10 News
    Surface family May 2019 firmware and drivers update: We released new firmware and drivers updates on May 16, 2019 for all Surface family devices, starting from Surface 3, to Surface Studio 2.These updates are available for all Surface devices running the Windows 10 May 2019 update, version 1903 or greater. Please note that...
  10. Samsung 860 ssd 1tb firmware

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Samsung 860 ssd 1tb firmware: Hey does anyone know where to download a firmware for Samsung 860 Evo Series Model : MZ-76E1T0B/AM i can't find it on samsung website 124317