Windows 10: Performance mods don't hold after shutdown.

Discus and support Performance mods don't hold after shutdown. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Under Advanced settings in control panel, and under the Performance tab, I am trying to unable, uncheck, drop shadows on icons (last on the list).... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by bbqbrisket, Jul 16, 2016.

1. Performance mods don't hold after shutdown.

Under Advanced settings in control panel, and under the Performance tab, I am trying to unable, uncheck, drop shadows on icons (last on the list).
    Even after logging in via cmd as Administrator, I cannot get the modfication to hold after restart.
    Appreciate any help on this.
    thanks

:)

bbqbrisket, Jul 16, 2016

2. Window 10 Does't Shutdown/Sleep Properly

Hello,

I am having this issue after updated the Window 10 home Edition

All of the indicator and fan is off after the laptop is shutdown, but it won't start up (no response, nothing is running) when I press the power button, so I need to hold the power button for 5 seconds to perform
    a force shutdown, and after this I am able to start up my laptop normally by pressing the power button again.

I've no idea how to fix this and I don't know whether those update driver I installed is the factor of causing this issue happen. It will be much appreciate if someone can give me a solution...

Thank you

SameerSyedXU., Jul 16, 2016
  3. Lumis 525

You don't need to do the power button and volume thing. You can just hold down the power button and a prompt will say 'slide down to power off'. Slide the screen down and the phone will shut down, nicely. Hold down power to turn it back on, nicely. (If it
    is plugged into a charger, it will turn itself back on.)

The two button option is there in case the phone is frozen and you can't get to the shutdown screen.

It is the difference between selecting shutdown out of the start menu on you PC and forcefully holding down the physical power button, forcing a hard shutdown.

Do take a look at how much memory you have in use. Just like a PC, having very little left will affect performance.

Sven Johannsen, Jul 16, 2016
Thema:

Performance mods don't hold after shutdown.

1. Performance mods don't hold after shutdown. - Similar Threads - Performance mods don't

2. My PC lags if I don't force shutdown by holding the power button

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My PC lags if I don't force shutdown by holding the power button: My version number is 19042.867 This is what happens: If I normally shut down the PC through the Windows panel, when I turn it on again it lags. By lagging, I mean that every second, it freezes for a few frames. But not only the screen, audio as well. The only way for that not...
  3. modding

in Windows 10 Customization
    modding: how do i paste mods into the innersloth file for among us on the windows store edition since it wont let me how do i make myself owner or give me permission to paste so i can use mods on among us game pass edition...
  4. Nothing is opening after modding game

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Nothing is opening after modding game: Hey everyone, I’m having a big problem on my pc where nothing is opening at all. This past week I’ve been modding fallout new Vegas and everything was working fine for about 4 days and I was playing it one day and it just crashed. After that no programs or anything will open...
  5. Windows 10 changes don't hold.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 changes don't hold.: My HP laptop was running slow so I ran a windows diagnostic. Whatever it did took forever and when I started it up ALL my stuff was either lost of somewhere else. I spent time correcting things but windows resets every time I turn it off....
  6. System don't want to shutdown.

System don't want to shutdown.: What l've try: cmd => sfc /scannow no errors cmd => shutdown /s /f same as "Shutdown+Shift" in Start panel I'm suppose Turn off the "Fast Startup" in Power options. Nothing helped. Its definitely not mechanical damage of power button, because PC don't startup randomly by...
  7. When is it safe to perform a hard shutdown?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    When is it safe to perform a hard shutdown?: Hello, I'm trying to get into Recovery Environment but startup alternates between "Fixing C:" which never completes : just switches off at the 9% mark and "Attempting repairs" which also shuts down after about 1 hour. To get to WinRE they say to hold the Off button for 5...
  8. PC won’t shutdown unless I force shutdown by holding power button

PC won’t shutdown unless I force shutdown by holding power button: Hi, My computer has been having problem shutdown completely. Whenever I clicked “shutdown”, the screen would turn dark, but the PC was still running because I could hear the fan, and my headset’s light was on (usually when it was completely shutdown, the light of the...
  9. Shutdown and startup performance

Shutdown and startup performance: Hey guys i have a very Annoying problem after several installing windows 10 - 7 - 8 my shutdown and startup times are awful i have samsung 850 Pro on my laptop before i forced to clean install windows i have a brilliant performance (about 6-7 sec cold startup and same...
  10. My PC performs double shutdown

in Windows 10 Support
    My PC performs double shutdown: Hello, for the last two weeks, my computer has been having a weird shutdown process: When I press the shutdown button in the start menu, everything would close like normally until the screen goes black at the end and then, my components would shut down, but LED...