Windows 10: Performance Monitor incorrect processor time percentages

Discus and support Performance Monitor incorrect processor time percentages in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I'm monitoring a couple of processes in Performance Monitor and the processor time percentages are higher than what Task Manager reports. For example... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Kol12, Apr 30, 2019.

1. Kol12 Win User

Performance Monitor incorrect processor time percentages

I'm monitoring a couple of processes in Performance Monitor and the processor time percentages are higher than what Task Manager reports. For example iCUE doesn't ever use 59% CPU, it averages around 1-2% in Task Manager. How do I set up Performance Monitor to display accurate processor time percentages?

Performance Monitor incorrect processor time percentages [​IMG]

:)

Kol12, Apr 30, 2019
  2. Kol12 Win User

Performance monitor processor time question

There are a couple of processes I am monitoring in Performance Monitor, one indicates an average of 23.4% and the other 13.5%. Yet in Task Manager those two processed appear to be using 4-5% and 2-3%. Total processor time averages at 8.3% so why are those two particular reading so high? They spike high on the graph to.

Kol12, Apr 30, 2019
  3. Kamran-M Win User
    System Crashed / Processor Failed

Hi,

I'm facing this issue for several months. I am unable to find the reason for this; as it happens in a random pattern: It occurs at no specific time/duration, no application or type of work is associated with this issue.

When I'm using my laptop:

• It suddenly freezes everything
    • No movement on the screen
    • No error appears
    • All applications, open files/work stops working
    • Keyboard/Mouse doesn't work
    And I have to restart the system again (using power button), to be able to work again.

I have checked the Event Log and found that one by one all processors faced this problem and system fails as a result:

Processor 0 in group 0 exposes the following power management capabilities:

Idle state type: ACPI Idle (C) States (3 state(s))

Performance state type: ACPI Performance (P) / Throttle (T) States

Nominal Frequency (MHz): 2801

Maximum performance percentage: 100

Minimum performance percentage: 28

Minimum throttle percentage: 3

----------------- Update -----------------

I found another common error, which is crashing my system:

This is the error of one processor and the same for the rest of the seven processors:

The speed of processor 0 in group 0 is being limited by system firmware. The processor has been in this reduced performance state for 71 seconds since the last report.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Kamran-M, Apr 30, 2019
  4. Gil deG Win User

Performance Monitor is stuck at collecting data for 60 seconds

Hi LxS Dropshot,

Kindly follow the steps below on how you can open the Performance Monitor:

• Click Start , click in the Start Search box, type
      perfmon , and press ENTER.

• In the navigation tree, click Monitoring Tools , and then double-click
      Performance Monitor .

Let us know how it goes.

Gil deG, Apr 30, 2019
Thema:

1. Performance Monitor incorrect processor time percentages - Similar Threads - Performance Monitor incorrect

2. windows Performance monitor's data in the report is incorrect

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows Performance monitor's data in the report is incorrect: My system is Windows Server 2019As shown in the figure, the maximum value is 7.8717.871 * 10 = 78.71However, the largest part in the line graph is less than 60What's the matter? Why are the images different from the displayed dataAnd this phenomenon only occurs when the...
  3. windows Performance monitor's data in the report is incorrect

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows Performance monitor's data in the report is incorrect: My system is Windows Server 2019As shown in the figure, the maximum value is 7.8717.871 * 10 = 78.71However, the largest part in the line graph is less than 60What's the matter? Why are the images different from the displayed dataAnd this phenomenon only occurs when the...
  4. Abrupt increase in % Processor Time viewed under Processor Information in Performance...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Abrupt increase in % Processor Time viewed under Processor Information in Performance...: Hi, I need some dire help as this issue is happening regularly with my laptop, irrespective of the Windows 10 version. Sometimes once in a while, my PC gets totally slow, apps load very slower than usual, games load after 10x the normal time with a fraction of the normal FPS,...
  5. Abrupt increase in % Processor Time viewed under Processor Information in Performance...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Abrupt increase in % Processor Time viewed under Processor Information in Performance...: Hi, I need some dire help as this issue is happening regularly with my laptop, irrespective of the Windows 10 version. Sometimes once in a while, my PC gets totally slow, apps load very slower than usual, games load after 10x the normal time with a fraction of the normal FPS,...
  6. Abrupt increase in % Processor Time viewed under Processor Information in Performance...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. External Monitors Displaying Incorrect Time.

in Windows 10 Customization
    External Monitors Displaying Incorrect Time.: I have a new surface pro on a docking station through USB-C that is displaying an incorrect time on the external monitors. This time is not set differently on purpose, but rather appears to randomly "lag" out and not sync with the actual system clock. The error occurs even...
  8. Memory usage is incorrect (the sum of the percentages does not equal the displayed percentage)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Memory usage is incorrect (the sum of the percentages does not equal the displayed percentage): [ATTACH] Hi, I have a problem with my MSI laptop, when I open the task manager, I see that my ram is used at a certain percentage, but in the detail of the use I can't find this consumption. For more precision I put some screenshots it should be at maximum at 28%...
  9. Performace Monitor incorrect processor time percentages.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Performace Monitor incorrect processor time percentages.: I'm monitoring a couple of processes in Performance Monitor and the processor time percentages are higher than what Task Manager reports. For example iCUE doesn't ever use 59% CPU, it averages around 1-2% in Task Manager. How do I set up Performance Monitor to display...
  10. Performance monitor processor time question

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Performance monitor processor time question: There are a couple of processes I am monitoring in Performance Monitor, one indicates an average of 23.4% and the other 13.5%. Yet in Task Manager those two processed appear to be using 4-5% and 2-3%. Total processor time averages at 8.3% so why are those two particular...