Windows 10: Performance of W10 hardware in Vmware...

Discus and support Performance of W10 hardware in Vmware... in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; The "Performance & Maintenance" sub-forum is missing and I was just curious how other systems perform. The Vmware W10 "winsat" scores ON MY SYSTEM:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Cr00zng, Oct 3, 2014.

1. Cr00zng Win User

Performance of W10 hardware in Vmware...

The "Performance & Maintenance" sub-forum is missing and I was just curious how other systems perform.

The Vmware W10 "winsat" scores ON MY SYSTEM:

"winsat disk":

"winsat mem":

"winsat cpu":

"winsat dwm":

"winsat graphicsformal3d":

:)

Cr00zng, Oct 3, 2014
  2. mics1 Win User

Windows 10 - Black Screen upon boot-up, no cursor, ctrl+alt+del doesn't work.

After successful installation of Windows 10 Preview-Build 15002 (in a VM, VMware WS), I've started update of the actual patches. I don't know whether the update(s) were successful, but after restart of W10, I saw only the same as susancarr-2343.

It is nearly impossible. under this cicumstances, to get into save mode, as proposed earlyer.

Problem located but not fixed:

After clean install of W10 15002 and upgrade to Build 15007.rs_prerelease.170107-1846, the cause of my Problem is clear: It's vmware tools video driver (I still have WS 11.1.4).

Up to W10 1607 (Build 14393.693), the vmware tools video driver is working well.

mics1, Oct 3, 2014
  3. auggy Win User
    BSOD when running VMWare Player after Creators Update

There may be an issue with VMware and the Creators Update in certain hardware setups.

Are you running the most recent version of VMware Player (12.5.7)?

auggy, Oct 3, 2014
Thema:

Performance of W10 hardware in Vmware...

1. Performance of W10 hardware in Vmware... - Similar Threads - Performance W10 hardware

2. Vmware Workstation and W10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Vmware Workstation and W10: I am running W10.Can anyone suggest why I am having trouble using VMware on my class 3 Dell 5430 laptop running W10? I was able to install Vmware but when I tried to open it the next day it would not open. I was also unable to connect a USB 3.0 Flash Drive but I could connect...
  3. Vmware Workstation and W10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Vmware Workstation and W10: I am running W10.Can anyone suggest why I am having trouble using VMware on my class 3 Dell 5430 laptop running W10? I was able to install Vmware but when I tried to open it the next day it would not open. I was also unable to connect a USB 3.0 Flash Drive but I could connect...
  4. W10 Performance

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    W10 Performance: Looking at my computer specs in "my computer", does anyone know how to make my computer faster without buying, upgrading, or purchasing anything. Be reminded that I did all the average tutorials that you would search up in Google. 172986
  5. VMWare latest release performance very poor

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    VMWare latest release performance very poor: Hi there Running 2 or 3 Windows VM's with even a moderately good PC with plenty of RAM in it and using SSD(s) for the VM's has simply DIRE performance compared to running under KVM/QEMU Here doing an update to install fast build release - while other VM (current build)...
  6. VM performance - VMware Vs HYPER-V

VM performance - VMware Vs HYPER-V: Hi folks would be interesting to compare performance of a VM running under VMWare (workstation / player), Virtual Box or HYPER-V. Using a W7 VM (with latest updates applied) I got a reasonable performance spec on an 8GB HP envy laptop -- I chose W7 as the built in...
  7. Enable 3D / hardware acceleration in VM (VMware)

Enable 3D / hardware acceleration in VM (VMware): Hi folks add to the vmware config file (or ~/.vmware/preferences if on Linux Host) the following line : mks.gl.allowBlacklistedDrivers = "TRUE" Note - you might have to also ensure MESA (Linux Host) is installed or correct graphics driver if you have it. In the VM config...
  8. Vmware workstation 10.3 - W10 cannot install vmware tools

Vmware workstation 10.3 - W10 cannot install vmware tools: Hi there Problem with installing VMWARE tools with Windows 10 x-64 using Windows host. Works fine on LINUX host !!!! (VMware workstation rel 10.0.3 build-1895310) Cheers jimbo 1993
  9. Upgrading a W8 to W10 VM in VMWARE

Upgrading a W8 to W10 VM in VMWARE: Hi there If you want to do an inplace upgrade of W8 to W10 in a VMware Virtual Machine UNINSTALL VMWARE TOOLS before you do the upgrade and then re-install them afterwards. Set the ISO image as your CD /DVD drive and simply run the setup from WITHIN the existing Virtual...
  10. Black screen in W10 in VMware

in Windows 10 Support
    Black screen in W10 in VMware: I'm using W10 in VMWare and everything's been working OK up to now. However, I'm now getting a black screen after adding my password. Black screen - white cursor. Only thing I can do is bring up Task Manager - (Alt - Ctrl and Ins in VMware.) but I don't know enough to make...