Windows 10: Performance of Windows 11 is a focus for Microsoft in 2022

Discus and support Performance of Windows 11 is a focus for Microsoft in 2022 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft's Windows 11 operating system has been out for some time. Reception has not been too bad but it is clear that there are areas that need... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by GHacks, Nov 28, 2021.

1. GHacks
    GHacks New Member

Performance of Windows 11 is a focus for Microsoft in 2022

Microsoft's Windows 11 operating system has been out for some time. Reception has not been too bad but it is clear that there are areas that need improvement. Apart from bugs, some of which have not been fixed for weeks, it is performance that appears to be one of the main concerns of users.

It would be too easy to blame older hardware or devices that don't meet Microsoft's official Windows 11 system requirements solely.

Game performance on AMD devices suffered from bugs when Windows 11 was released, and it took weeks to get the issue fixed. The first fix that Microsoft released decreased the performance even more.

Tip: here is our take on whether Windows 11 is better for gaming than Windows 10.

Performance of Windows 11 is a focus for Microsoft in 2022 Windows-11-Insider-Preview-Build-22499-clipboard-history.jpg

Microsoft's Windows Developer team held a question and answer session on Reddit recently. One of the interesting tidbits to come out of it was the promise that performance will be a development focus in 2022.

Performance will be an area of focus for us in 2022. A lot of that focus will go into startup/launch perf; in terms of UI elements rendering on the screen (after the framework is loaded), we've tested the scalability of doing things like putting 10k buttons on the screen, etc. Most of the UI elements render pretty quickly already, but it would be good to understand if there are specific UI element scaling/slowness issues you're experiencing and we could take a look into that specific scenario.

The team mentions boot and launch performance specifically in the post that it made, but that does not mean that it is the only area that may see performance improvements in 2022.

Windows 11 Insiders should check "include data about performance" when reporting performance related issues in the Feedback Hub.

One way you could help us is to launch Feedback Hub and enter a performance-related problem; there's a category in there for Desktop Environment and then select the subcategory "All other issues". You'll see an option to "Include data about performance" when you file the issue -- make sure to check that box.

It is unclear when the changes will land; a likely scenario is that these will be included in the next feature update for Windows 11. Microsoft plans to release a single feature update for Windows 11 (and Windows 10 as well).

The next Windows 11 feature update will be released in the second half of 2022. That's a bit vague, but around October is probably a good bet. October 2022 would give the team a full year of development.

Thank you for being a Ghacks reader. The post Performance of Windows 11 is a focus for Microsoft in 2022 appeared first on gHacks Technology News.

read more...

GHacks, Nov 28, 2021
  2. Brink Win User

Microsoft released Windows Server 2022 on August 18, 2021

Read more:

Brink, Nov 28, 2021
  3. Brink Win User
    Windows Server 2022 Now Generally Available

Source: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/...e/ba-p/2689973

Brink, Nov 28, 2021
  4. Arun B J Win User

IE 11 not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Internet Explorer. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Explorer.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Internet Explorer performance troubleshooter
    And also refer the link below and check if it helps.

Internet Explorer help

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Nov 28, 2021
Thema:

1. Performance of Windows 11 is a focus for Microsoft in 2022 - Similar Threads - Performance focus Microsoft

2. focus assist on windows 11 enabled.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    focus assist on windows 11 enabled.: focus assist on windows 11 enabled https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/focus-assist-on-windows-11-enabled/8a49852d-c750-4f68-9e12-22d919f8d9c7
  3. Windows 11 2022 Update: performance issue when Copying large files

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 11 2022 Update: performance issue when Copying large files: Microsoft confirmed a new issue that is affecting machines that run the company's newest operating system, Windows 11 2022 Update. [ATTACH] The issue has not been added to the list of known issues on the Windows 11 Version 22H2 release health website yet, but it has been...
  4. NVIDIA is investigating Windows 11 2022 Update game performance issue

in Windows 10 News
    NVIDIA is investigating Windows 11 2022 Update game performance issue: Windows users with NVIDIA powered graphics cards may want to skip the upgrade to the Windows 11 2022 Update feature update for now, as several, who have made the plunge, reported that game performance has dropped significantly on their systems. [ATTACH] Microsoft has yet to...
  5. Focus Session - Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Focus Session - Windows 11: Hello everyone,When I set a time for focus session it's play notification sound only for the last beak time and when session ends, is it available to make it play sound for each break time ? as if I set a 3 hours focus session it's play a sound for break only after 2 hours...
  6. Focus Session - Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Focus Session - Windows 11: Hello everyone,When I set a time for focus session it's play notification sound only for the last beak time and when session ends, is it available to make it play sound for each break time ? as if I set a 3 hours focus session it's play a sound for break only after 2 hours...
  7. Windows 11 email app "Focused"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 email app "Focused": Why? Why does Microsoft think their technology can differentiate between "important" and "other" emails? Point of fact: Today I got an email response from the FCC, and another email response from a major pharmaceutical company, and both emails went into my "other" emails.I am...
  8. Windows 11 email app "Focused"

Windows 11 email app "Focused": Why? Why does Microsoft think their technology can differentiate between "important" and "other" emails? Point of fact: Today I got an email response from the FCC, and another email response from a major pharmaceutical company, and both emails went into my "other" emails.I am...
  9. Windows 11 performance

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 performance: I usually experience performance issues in the following situations:+ When switching between desktop themes.+ When clicking "Next desktop background". After the next background comes up, there's a quick visual stutter that makes the action look slow and buggy.+ Opening the...
  10. Windows 11 performance

Windows 11 performance: I usually experience performance issues in the following situations:+ When switching between desktop themes.+ When clicking "Next desktop background". After the next background comes up, there's a quick visual stutter that makes the action look slow and buggy.+ Opening the...