Windows 10: Performance on Battery

Discus and support Performance on Battery in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I read reviews all the time about the Battery life, or the lack thereof on laptops. Most quote benchmarks that I don't have access to try, such as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Paul.Review.2020, Oct 15, 2018.

1. Performance on Battery

I read reviews all the time about the Battery life, or the lack thereof on laptops.

Most quote benchmarks that I don't have access to try, such as Bapco, MobileMark2014.

Others use video playback until the battery dies but they are not streaming.

I ran web browsing test and I saw that the performance on my laptop changed considerably depending on where I have by battery slider set.

Is Microsoft affecting the performance of my laptop thru the operating system ?

Is the system performance expected to be slower when I am not plugged into AC ?

:)

Paul.Review.2020, Oct 15, 2018

2. Battery

Hi,

For us to better assist you with your battery issue, we'd like to ask a few questions.

• Have you made any changes to your computer before experiencing this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you run the Power troubleshooter and update drivers in Windows 10 by following the troubleshooting steps provided by Eeshwar Kumar on this
    thread.

Looking forward to your response.

Reymichael Ros, Oct 15, 2018
  3. battery

Hello Dilan,

We still can't identify the possible reasons of this battery issue you're experiencing. For us to isolate and assist you better with this, kindly answer the following questions:

• When you say "the battery won't show", do you mean you can't see the icon on your computer?
    • If yes, when did you start noticing this issue? Have you made any recent changes prior to it?
    • Any troubleshooting steps you've tried so far?

If you haven't tried any, we suggest performing the suggestions posted by AaronWiley and Ganesh Achar B in this
    thread. Quite a few people found their suggestions helpful.

We're looking forward to your response.

Michelle Vil, Oct 15, 2018
  4. Xylee Del Win User

Performance on Battery

Deactivate low battery notification

Hi,

Windows 10 may have detected your old battery, the reason why your computer kept of notifying you about the battery life. To help you disable this notification, we suggest that you follow the steps below to turn off the notifications from battery saver:

(Note: Make sure to unplug your laptop from the power source first before performing the steps below.)

• Open Settings app.
    • Select System.
    • Click on Notifications & actions tab.
    • Scroll down and look for Battery Saver and turn off the slider.

Let us know the results.

Xylee Del, Oct 15, 2018
Thema:

Performance on Battery

1. Performance on Battery - Similar Threads - Performance Battery

2. How do I fix my low battery performance?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I fix my low battery performance?: My Windows 11 laptop keeps on powering off when it reaches 30%, and when I press the power button a low battery symbol appears. Can someone please help me fix this problem?...
  3. How do I fix my low battery performance?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I fix my low battery performance?: My Windows 11 laptop keeps on powering off when it reaches 30%, and when I press the power button a low battery symbol appears. Can someone please help me fix this problem?...
  4. Performance and battery life differences between windows 11 home and pro?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Performance and battery life differences between windows 11 home and pro?: I just upgraded 11 from home to pro. Want to know how much is the overhead for added pro features? Will battery life and performance be identical?...
  5. Performance and battery life differences between windows 11 home and pro?

Performance and battery life differences between windows 11 home and pro?: I just upgraded 11 from home to pro. Want to know how much is the overhead for added pro features? Will battery life and performance be identical?...
  6. Optimizing Battery Performance When Using KVM Switch with External Monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Optimizing Battery Performance When Using KVM Switch with External Monitor: I am currently utilizing a KVM switch to connect two laptops to a single external monitor. However, I encounter issues when toggling between laptops, especially when one laptop's lid is closed. To address this, I've adjusted the lid settings to prevent the laptop from...
  7. Optimizing Battery Performance When Using KVM Switch with External Monitor

Optimizing Battery Performance When Using KVM Switch with External Monitor: I am currently utilizing a KVM switch to connect two laptops to a single external monitor. However, I encounter issues when toggling between laptops, especially when one laptop's lid is closed. To address this, I've adjusted the lid settings to prevent the laptop from...
  8. Laptop performing at on-battery levels when plugged in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop performing at on-battery levels when plugged in: My laptop has lately met a lot of performance issues related to the battery. It started with the laptop switching between plugged in and on battery when I'm gaming with AC power. After that issue was gone, I expected my laptop to perform smoothly again. But, my laptop chose...
  9. Laptop performing at on-battery levels when plugged in

Laptop performing at on-battery levels when plugged in: My laptop has lately met a lot of performance issues related to the battery. It started with the laptop switching between plugged in and on battery when I'm gaming with AC power. After that issue was gone, I expected my laptop to perform smoothly again. But, my laptop chose...
  10. Windows 11 substantial performance drop after battery replacement.

Windows 11 substantial performance drop after battery replacement.: Hello,I have a laptop with a Ryzen 5 4500U processor that used to run Windows 11 fluidly and flawlessly without any signs of lagging. However, my laptop's performance slowed down significantly taking up to minutes just to perform simple tasks once I have done a battery...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. performance om battery