Windows 10: Performance Problem and Frame Freezing after Win10 v1909 update + Headset Audio Problem

Discus and support Performance Problem and Frame Freezing after Win10 v1909 update + Headset Audio Problem in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; After the day I updated my pc, I tried to play Overwatch. After 20-30mins of playing, I experienced screen freezing/lag during a match. I tried playing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by BryanKFG, Jan 26, 2020.

1. BryanKFG Win User

Performance Problem and Frame Freezing after Win10 v1909 update + Headset Audio Problem

After the day I updated my pc, I tried to play Overwatch. After 20-30mins of playing, I experienced screen freezing/lag during a match. I tried playing again and the frames just freeze whenever there is a fast-moving object or special effect particles. Eventually, the frames just freeze whenever something moves. After I closed the game, I noticed “sysmain” and “system” just randomly spike to 100% disk 5MB/s-15MB/s even without anything running on the foreground and background except task manager.

Another thing is the problem with the sound when using a headset. The problem started about a month ago when I heard a crackling sound while I was listening to music. I didn’t care much at first because I thought it was just nothing. After a few days, I would sometimes hear the crackling sound then it disrupts the music that I was playing. After a few minutes, there is no sound at all. I tried other headset but they didn’t work except for one that produced a very faint sound when I “test’ it using the sound control panel. Now, no sound comes out from any headset but the built-in speakers work just fine. This problem occured before I updated to win10 v1909, the audio came back after updating then was missing again after 1 day.

In summary, my laptop became slower and buggy after the win10 v1909 update.

-Already uninstalled and reinstalled latest graphics driver and also used DDU to uninstall graphics driver.
    -Already uninstalled and reinstalled latest audio driver.
    -Already checked if there is debris or damage there’s none.
    -Already installed all the latest windows 10 v1909 updates.
    -Did the sfc scannow thingy and DISM.

Hope you guys can help me :

Specs:
    MSI GV62 7RD Notebook
    8GB RAM

Intel i7-7700HQ 2.8Ghz

Nvidia GTX 1050 4GB

:)

BryanKFG, Jan 26, 2020

2. Headset problems

Hi Ricky,

We'd like to verify a few information regarding the problem you encountered with your USB headset.

• Is this the first time you're trying to install or connect your USB headset to your computer?
    • Have you tried connecting it to a different USB port on your computer?
    • When you connected your headset, did the PC recognize it?

To help us isolate and address the issue, we suggest that you perform the hardware troubleshooter. Follow the steps below:

• Open your Control Panel.
    • Under System and Security, click Find and fix problems.
    • On the left pane, click View all.
    • Click Hardware and Devices.
    • Hit Next and follow the on-screen instructions.

Update us with the result so we can further assist you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jan 26, 2020
  3. runbei Win User
    No video or audio in Win10 with GTX 980

I've followed all suggested steps to fix a system-wide audio/video bork, with no luck. I've deleted and updated drivers, changed a crapload of settings, on and on.

No matter if it's an Amazon Prime or YouTube video, a DVD, or an MP4 saved locally, audio and video aren't working. (I don't play games.)

A video will run properly for maybe 30 seconds and then start to stutter badly until it freezes with seemingly random occasional single-frame jerks (technical term).

Currently, I'm wondering if the different refresh rates for the dual monitors have something to do with the problem. One is 59Hz, the other 60Hz. I believe Win10 forces 59Hz, per a rather confusing explanation on Microsoft site.

If you've encountered something like this, I would be truly grateful for suggestions.

Brief system specs:

Win10 64
    32 GB RAM
    MSI GeForce GTX 980 video card
    ASUS M5A99FX Pro R2.0 (Socket 942) motherboard
    Dual Monitors:
    ViewSonic VX2262wm monitor (L: [email protected]) connect with HDMI to DVI adapter
    Acer G215HV monitor (L: [email protected])
    Audio: I'm using a Logitech USB headset that has never given me problems

- - - Updated - - -

A solution appeared when I plugged my oldish Logitech USB headset into my laptop which previously had not shown signs of these audio/video symptoms.

Sure, enough the same problem appeared with video/audio stuttering to near-standstill.

When I plugged in headphones with a 3.5mm adapter, the problem disappeared.

However, a new problem shortly appeared: the voices of main characters in videos were suddenly much lower than the background noise in the scene.

I sort-of solved this by playing with the settings in the Realtek HD Audio Manager - specifically, in the DTS Ultra PC II tab.

I checked the box to enable DTS, and I played with the "enhancement" settings.

Also, I played with the level settings here: right-click volume icon in Windows taskbar, and choose Sounds > Playback > choose Realtek headset being used > Properties > Levels > Balance > set both levels to about 32.

runbei, Jan 26, 2020
  4. Performance Problem and Frame Freezing after Win10 v1909 update + Headset Audio Problem

Audio Flipping sides problem

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Let help you to fix the issue.

To understand the issue better, provide us more information.

• Is the issue is specific to only export stream videos?

• Try playing other videos/audio and let us know the status?
    I appreciate the steps you have performed. Let’s try simple steps and check if this helps. Follow the below steps provided.

Step 1.

I would suggest you to run sound audio troubleshooter, it will automatically detect the problem and fix it. Follow the below steps.

• Press Windows key + R and click on
      Control Panel

• Click on View by: category and click on
      Small icon.

• Now click on troubleshooting and click on
      Hardware and Sound.

• Click on Playing Audio and Click on
      Next
      button.

• Click on Advanced on the Audio troubleshooter dialog box and click on Run as administrator (Enter the credentials if required).

• Click on Next and follow onscreen instruction complete the Audio troubleshooter.
    If the issue still persist, try the below steps.

Step 2.

I suggest you to set the headset as default and check.

• Right click on the on the sound icon on the Windows taskbar.

• Click on Sounds and click on Playback
      tab.

• Click on the headset and set it as default by clicking on the
      Set default button.

• Now click Apply and OK.
    Hope this helps. Post us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Jan 26, 2020
Thema:

Performance Problem and Frame Freezing after Win10 v1909 update + Headset Audio Problem

1. Performance Problem and Frame Freezing after Win10 v1909 update + Headset Audio Problem - Similar Threads - Performance Problem Frame

2. realtek problem after update win10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    realtek problem after update win10: When I turned on my computer 6 days ago , the first time I went to use it, there was no audio, I tried to solve it by messing with input recognition to put my headset on and i got sound and i go to shut down turn on again yesterday same problem again i try to mess with...
  3. Audio problem with wireless headset

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio problem with wireless headset: [ATTACH] only work with this mode which is very bad before new 2 latest updates of driver it works on stereo mode[ATTACH] WH-CH500 Stereo which provide a very nice audio experience DO it right now!...
  4. Bluetooth stereo headset audio not problem

Bluetooth stereo headset audio not problem: the stereo headset is not working after the windows pre release update on 6 Sept and it works fine with other devices what can i do ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-stereo-headset-audio-not-problem/3f8e8519-b7d4-40a7-ba2a-52838ff0aeff
  5. Headphones and headset problem win10?

Headphones and headset problem win10?: Hello I have a big problem with my headset I hear myself and I can still hear noise what can be the reason? I have win 10 and I have also tried it with another headset and always the same someone can help me. Kopfhörer und Headset Problem win10?
  6. Wireless headset audio + mic problem

Wireless headset audio + mic problem: <p class="contentStandard"><span style="font-face:Roboto, -apple-system, BlinkMacSystemFont, Segoe UI, Oxygen, Ubuntu, Cantarell, Fira Sans, Droid Sans, Helvetica Neue, sans-serif;"><span style="font-size:14px;">Hi, i have a Sony WH-CH500 headset and i got a little problem...
  7. Audio problem after update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio problem after update: After updating to the latest update KB4551762 , my pc audio have problem. Usually when i plug in an earphone it will detect but now it doesnt even detect. Tried all the audio port available but none of it work. How do i repair this problem? submitted by /u/danLoner [link]...
  8. Problem Dropping Frames of Some Games in WIN10 1903

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problem Dropping Frames of Some Games in WIN10 1903: Hello everyone I installed Windows 10 version 1903 but when I play some games I get a severe drop in the frame as it comes to 40! I'm not having any problems with the system specifications either, and I just installed themsi gtx 1060 6gb gaming x graphics card for my pc,...
  9. Bluetooth Headset problem after update

Bluetooth Headset problem after update: Hi, I'm having problems with the new updates, My Bluetooth headset was working fine earlier but after updates I'm facing a problem that while opening microphone enabled apps, the sound turns off. I've tried reinstalling windows,reinstalling drivers and even removed device and...
  10. Audio problem after update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Audio problem after update: Last night Win 10 performed a giant update on my puter; now my audio is EXTREMELY muffled/inaudible (SoundBlaster ZxR). Any Ideas? Need a fix please. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-problem-after-update/27d389bb-bfa4-4698-9be3-a843b2c2a29c